Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 01, 2009

A sequel to the events of Final Fantasy IV focusing on the adventures of Ceodore, son of Cecil and Rosa. The game was originally released episodically for cell phones in Japan before being rebuilt as a WiiWare title for international release.

Final Fantasy 4 the after years

TiggNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TiggNine

anyone playing this yet, about 2 hours in and loving it, FF4 is my Fav. game of all time, in the snes days, so i'm glad i have this now.

what are other peoples thoughts on this? i want more jrpgs like this classic style!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

normally these sorts of things are fan-works, like the recently ceased Chrono Trigger game. Square should just buy some of these fan projects and publish them, because in many cases they are very well done

TiggNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TiggNine

@AgentJ said:
    "normally these sorts of things are fan-works, like the recently ceased Chrono Trigger game. Square should just buy some of these fan projects and publish them, because in many cases they are very well done "

i agree with you totally...would be a great way for new game makers to get recognized while playing some good ol fasion games....i like flashy graphics and all, but whats the point of spending alot of money and time for something that bombs....but thats another topic alllllllllllllll in its own...lol

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @TiggNine said:
    "

@AgentJ said:
    "normally these sorts of things are fan-works, like the recently ceased Chrono Trigger game. Square should just buy some of these fan projects and publish them, because in many cases they are very well done "

i agree with you totally...would be a great way for new game makers to get recognized while playing some good ol fasion games....i like flashy graphics and all, but whats the point of spending alot of money and time for something that bombs....but thats another topic alllllllllllllll in its own...lol

"
    Ah good, another user that doesnt mind the retro 2D look. We could use more of your type on Giantbomb
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stang

Yup, had it the second I found out it was available. I am extremely pissed that the whole package was not released all at once though. The game is short....whoever the fucking genius is that decided to give us 5-7 hours of game play and then make us wait a month for more needs to be bitch slapped.

Great stuff regardless, the band system is a nice addition. I am still undecided on the moon phases mechanic though.

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 29

#6  Edited By TobyD81

But is anyone playing it? Does it feel like FF4? Do I need to finish 4 before I get this?

TiggNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TiggNine

@Stang said:
    "Yup, had it the second I found out it was available. I am extremely pissed that the whole package was not released all at once though. The game is short....whoever the fucking genius is that decided to give us 5-7 hours of game play and then make us wait a month for more needs to be bitch slapped. Great stuff regardless, the band system is a nice addition. I am still undecided on the moon phases mechanic though."

i know why they did it, and it makes sense.....they wanted to give it a anime/manga feel, and do it episodic....i do agree with you, if they had all the side stories already, i would've just bought them all at once.

@TobyD81 said:
    "But is anyone playing it? Does it feel like FF4? Do I need to finish 4 before I get this?"

playing it now, it seems like its FF4 true and true, you revisit old places and doing some of the old stuff  like going into caves and loot is basically in the same places.....so far i love it! you wouldn't really need to finish 4 to play the first part as its on it own with ceodore, i believe.  When you get to the others i'm not sure about.  If you liked 4 you'll love the sequal

Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
    LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By LonelySpacePanda  Online

Eternal Eden is an essential homebrew JPRG in the style of Final Fantasy IV that I highly recommend.  You can try out the first hour for free on the website.

No thoughts on FF4: The After Years but I have my expectations set low.  I just can't imagine any developer putting all that much thought or care into a mobile title, but I wouldn't be against being proven wrong.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well it better have some care with the price they have it at... 3700 points total for all episodes isn't it? First 800, the next ones 300, the final will be 800 or something like that. But from various impressions it sounds like it's totally worth it for fans of the first so who knows. I'll get it when I have spare cash, I'm on tight budget atm so waiting for some MEGATON stuff to actually buy :S

TobyD81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#10  Edited By TobyD81
    @TiggNine: Sweet, I'm sure this'll be an eventual buy. 4 was one of my faves.
    TiggNine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TiggNine
    @LonelySpacePanda said:
    "Eternal Eden is an essential homebrew JPRG in the style of Final Fantasy IV that I highly recommend.  You can try out the first hour for free on the website.No thoughts on FF4: The After Years but I have my expectations set low.  I just can't imagine any developer putting all that much thought or care into a mobile title, but I wouldn't be against being proven wrong."

thanks for the recommend, when i get caught up on the few games i'm playing now, i'll have to check it out
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Not a fan of Final Fantasy games, actually the only ones I like are the Crystal Chronicle ones XD It has Co-op and is real time combat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.