Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy Tactics

Franchise »

Final Fantasy Tactics is a spiritual successor to the Tactics Ogre games in the Ogre Battle franchise. The first iteration maintains the same tone as its spiritual predecessors, however the later iterations have a much lighter tone.

I need to build some enthusiasm for this game

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So, a few months back, I managed to find a GameBoy Advance SP at a pawn shop for pretty cheap. I believe it was around $25... not sure. Anyways, during these past few months I've been on the hunt for some GBA games that I've been wanting to play or just replay. That's when I managed to come upon Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. It brings back some good memories. This also lead me to purchase Final Fantasy Tactics for the PSP. 

Now, I'm in a dilemma here. I'm getting to the point where I'm finding a repetitive spot in the game. And I hate getting to that point in games. It leads me to stop playing them for a very long time, later picking them back up and forgetting where the hell I'm at. So this is where I need you help Giant Bomb. I need enthusiasm to continue to play this game. Tell me if there's anything good to expect from it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Play Tactics Ogre instead.

But in all seriousness, you should keep at it, because the story is interesting.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ch13696
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    Play Tactics Ogre instead.  But in all seriousness, you should keep at it, because the story is interesting.
    Just as long as the story is more interesting than Final Fantasy XII.
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MideonNViscera

It's a sweet game. Towards the end you can OP your main guy to the point of ridiculousness. That's always fun, though I forget how I did it. Teleporting monk or some crap haha

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By golguin

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was an okay game, but it pales in comparison to Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm not sure if by repetitive spot you mean you feel the need to grind or if you're constantly dying, but if that is the case I'd suggest asking specifically about the spot. If its an issue with the story I'd tell you to keep going because it gets pretty good.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By golguin
    @MideonNViscera said:
    It's a sweet game. Towards the end you can OP your main guy to the point of ridiculousness. That's always fun, though I forget how I did it. Teleporting monk or some crap haha
    I believe it was maxing brave, being a monk with guts, two swords, blade grasp, and move +3. The magical side was calculating holy, which was one of the most insane things in any game.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By FancySoapsMan
    @ch13696 said:
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    Play Tactics Ogre instead.  But in all seriousness, you should keep at it, because the story is interesting.
    Just as a heads up, make sure you keep multiple saves. There's a certain part that can make the game unbeatable if you save at the wrong spot.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ch13696
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    @ch13696 said:
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    Just as a heads up, make sure you keep multiple saves. There's a certain part that can make the game unbeatable if you save at the wrong spot.
    Yeah, you probably mean the original Final Fantasy Tactics. The GBA version only has 2 save spots unfortunately. But I'll keep that in mind when I play the PSP version.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ch13696
    @golguin said:
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was an okay game, but it pales in comparison to Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm not sure if by repetitive spot you mean you feel the need to grind or if you're constantly dying, but if that is the case I'd suggest asking specifically about the spot. If its an issue with the story I'd tell you to keep going because it gets pretty good.
    It sort of a grinding part in order to get the Job you want for your character. Right now I want a summoner and I believe I have to grind through a white mage. Other than that, the story is getting good. I just hope that there's more going on in Final Fantasy Tactics A2.
    golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By golguin

@ch13696 said:

@golguin said:
    It sort of a grinding part in order to get the Job you want for your character. Right now I want a summoner and I believe I have to grind through a white mage. Other than that, the story is getting good. I just hope that there's more going on in Final Fantasy Tactics A2.

I don't think I tried to get a summoner until the 2nd chapter. If you're still in the first chapter then I would suggest proceeding naturally through the job trees instead of grinding them toward the higher tier jobs. You'll find that some jobs require you have certain equipment to be fully utilized and you wont be able to get that equipment till way later. I usually had two party members branch out in the different magics (black, white, time, oracle, etc) because unlike other FF games you will need to constantly buff and debuff.

As someone else mentioned you will need MULTIPLE SAVE FILES.

Also, if you want to grind out a job faster make sure everyone has the JP up squire skill and that multiple people go into battle with whatever job you're trying to grind. JP are shared in the party. By the end of the game you might be able to master jobs you never even equipped.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.