Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 10, 2020

Teased since the PlayStation 3's debut, Square Enix finally delivers a complete remake of the fan favorite Final Fantasy from 1997.

You all okay with these low-res textures?

• 57 results
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#51 chaser324  Moderator

Just got to Chapter 9. While for the most part I think the textures are bearable, there are definitely some particular moments where you're just lingering on awful looking textures - that apartment in Sector 7 being one of the most egregious examples.

knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I am not really distracted- maybe it gets worse, but, I'm not very far in, and perhaps in the day things look or progressively get shoddier- the very opening of the game, only in a few spots, while actively looking for them did I notice, like, background posters and things like that. Texturework on cobble streets and characters and enemies and generally speaking environments all looked ...incredible to me. I don't know, I may have to redact this- but ultimately, nah, I am having a blast and am having that same feeling that Advent Children gave me with visualizing ps1 characters I know and, to both modify the pacing of the original, while still giving me all the major beats of the original in a more digestible for 2020 standard method, I don't think low res textures can really take the magic out of it for me, ultimately.

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@knoxt: the very opening of the game is one of the best looking parts (well, that and most of the concluding chapters). I'll be curious to know what you think when you get to chapters 2, 3 and beyond. this is one of the most inconsistent and straight up ugly looking games I've played in a long time.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By frustratedlnc

Textures don't bother me. I am not liking the linearity or the pacing, though.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not really, granted that I'm not a stickler about the graphical quality of console games compared to PC. But there are environmental details where I'm saying to myself "Yeah, that'll look better on PC" and I'll most likely use ReShade and play with the colors and sharpness a bit more.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Yeah it's a pretty gnarly looking game. It frequently looks pretty great, but it's also had me thinking about that old screenshot of a flat soldier standing against a wall from way back. (What game was that again?)

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RobertForster

I noticed some texture pop in and low res textures, but, other than that, I thought FF7R was the most beautiful looking game on the ps4.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.