Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

Final Fantasy X HD Gamescom Trailer + New Battle Theme!

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1:47 for the new battle theme.

Turn up the volume! Our latest Gamescom Trailer features not only an SD to HD comparison of the new graphics from the upcoming FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster, but also has some newly arranged audio tracks from battles and Overdrive attacks!

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster celebrates two of the most cherished and beloved entries to the world-renowned franchise, now completely remastered in gorgeous High Definition! Based on the International Versions of the games that werepreviously only released in Japan and Europe, FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster brings these timeless classics forward to the current generation of fans, old and new alike.

Guess what? Still no release date. :(

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with the top comment. The new soundtrack can be good for calmer areas but might effect some of the orginal musics charm. also wheres the release date ? i smell a delay ! :(

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wan't a realease date, everything else is irrelevant at this point.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmyfenix
    morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morningstar: It might be october 18th

No Caption Provided

That would make me very happy indeed. Thanks for the heads up.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By KowalskiManDown

@morningstar: It might be october 18th

No Caption Provided

Jesus, what site is charging £50 for that game?! My preorder on ShopTo has it at £24.85.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By 5Figh

i never beat this game when it originally came out, I think I was like 6 years old at the time and just got confused but I did like it and Im actually quite excited for this. The portability of it being on the Vita makes it way more appealing

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, i'll just hook up my ps2 or run it off an emulator. lol @ charging 50 anything for it, that has to be fake

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I remember FFX starting pretty slow but it really is one of the best FFs. The battles are just so clean and fast and actually encourage you to use your whole party. I'll probably pick this up one day.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Sterling

I don't like the remixed music. I want the original score.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once the remastered battle theme gets going, it feels perfectly fine, but the beginning of that theme is so jumbled and crazy that it almost sounds like a mistake. There's just way too much going on in the first few seconds of that theme.

I miss when Square's music was more synthy and less orchestral.

Still though, WHAT THE FUCK IS TAKING SO LONG GETTING THIS GAME OUT, IT WAS ANNOUNCED LIKE TWO YEARS AGO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE, WHY DOES THIS COMPANY HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER, JUST RELEASE THE GAME FFS.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

FFX is one of the games that I remember most fondly so I can't wait to play this on my Vita.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marokai said:

Once the remastered battle theme gets going, it feels perfectly fine, but the beginning of that theme is so jumbled and crazy that it almost sounds like a mistake. There's just way too much going on in the first few seconds of that theme.

Nailed it. When it first started my heart sank as I thought my fears had been realized but once it gets going, it sounds good. If they had just said "Hey, we're using real instruments now.", I wouldn't have worried to begin with. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what other songs they changed now.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

The new mix is pretty good but they really need to up the mix on the bass. In the original the bass is the main driving force to the song. It has mostly been toned down while everything else has been kicked up.

Anyway they are going to bet me to buy this game despite my broken PS3 and no future plans to get a new one.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just like to say, that as I opened this topic the battle theme from X-2 started playing (listening to music on random).

HOLY SHIT!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

As someone who has never played Final Fantasy 10 I can't wait for this.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It looks and sounds amazing. And the fact it just sounded like a re-take of the track rather than a remix has made me happy.

This has been my most anticipated release for years now, just need a release date (it's supposedly still slated for this year, but this is the first trailer I've seen where it doesn't even mention 2013 - the October/November release date/period floating around sounds like it could be true though).

Verendus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professork: What the hell is "music" from X-2 doing in your playlist? :p

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Dixavd

@marokai said:

Still though, WHAT THE FUCK IS TAKING SO LONG GETTING THIS GAME OUT, IT WAS ANNOUNCED LIKE TWO YEARS AGO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OVER THERE, WHY DOES THIS COMPANY HAVE OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER, JUST RELEASE THE GAME FFS.

Not sure I see what your saying about the start of the battle theme - it sounds like the closest part to the original; but to each their own. Anyway, I just wanted to say that they have frequently pointed out that a lot of the basic things they had to get done, regardless of new textures and models, was much more difficult than they expected. For instance, simply turning the game to a 16:9 ratio was very difficult as ever in-game scene was programmed with the limit of how far the player can see in mind. This meant that as soon as they changed it, characters were suddenly visible in scenes when they shouldn't be (as the position where they wait before the cue of entering or just after the cue to leave was suddenly visible). In some areas, they game became completely unplayable when they made minor changes. It sounds like they are equally shocked that it has never taken this long. To put the time it has taken into perspective, this July they said they were still only 80% complete for FFX and 65% complete for X-2. I got all that from the "Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster" page on the Final Fantasy Wikia if you want to know more (or want to go in and find the exact comments made in the sources at the bottom)

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The original theme was better.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

It sounds pretty much the same.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thebunnyhunter

Cant really wait to try and beat those special hunt arena bosses.....only thing i didn't do in the original besides dodging all that fucking lightning. Come out already and force me to get a vita.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

be strong...

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebunnyhunter: Man, I did that lightning. Wasn't fun, but wasn't too bad when you got the hang of it. There was one ultimate weapon that I never bothered to get, though; I think it was the fetish lady spellcaster's. I know I did Squall's or Cloud's or whatever weather pattern they called the main guy's; that was pretty annoying.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: I'm not sure I've ever seen a game start as slowly as FFXII did. That game's intro was deadly. Once you get a few hours in and out of the city, though, it's fantastic. Hope they give it this treatment.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lanechanger

Can't wait, played the shit out of FFX, think I got over 110 hours on it. Got all the ultimate weapons (even dodged all the lightning) and eventually my tidus was quick attacking for max damage which got pretty ridiculous. Gonna retry FFX-II also, I'm a sucker for FF's with job systems.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Justin258

@marokai said:

They had to remake large portions of the game because a lot of the original work was lost. Same story for Kingdom Hearts and the DS remake of Chrono Trigger.

EDIT: Also, I agree with Rorie

@rorie said:

@geraltitude: I'm not sure I've ever seen a game start as slowly as FFXII did. That game's intro was deadly. Once you get a few hours in and out of the city, though, it's fantastic. Hope they give it this treatment.

12 is a pretty good game from what I've played and probably deserves the HD treatment even more than this game does.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.