Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Dec 26, 2013

A collection for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC, containing Final Fantasy X International and Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission featuring HD visuals and a remastered soundtrack.

I have been trying to beat X-2 for a couple of months

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Richardqx

So...

I bought FF X/X-2 HD a few months back and i've finished X already twice, while X-2 is not bad, i am 'procrastinating' it.

Like it's quite a good game, too but i don't know... First time i was confused by it's entire gameplay mechanics, and the sillines... Was a con for me. Now i am enjoying the sequel, though i'm not sure if i can beat it. Got level 34 at the start of 4th chapter.

It's my 2nd try to beat it. On the 1st time, i've f***** it up when i didn't grind at all and i was skiping fights... I've found the game too hard somewhere at the 3rd chapter. And now, it's been about 3-4 months and i still havent beaten the sequel.

Currently, i'm in the 4th chapter. Have you got any suggestions how to not f*** it up again?

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

They should have kept the turn-based combat from X. I also did not get far into X-2 before hitting a combat wall. The rest of the game wasn't compelling enough for me to either learn how to play better or grind it out. There has to be some online guides out there to help you if you really must continue. Google it.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg i can't beat the game even for my 2nd try. First time i was totally weak at a third of the game, now i am at the fifth chapter and i am dying where ever i go. My chars ar level 40. Been playing it for a couple of months with longer breaks... I think the difficulty is totally weird. Can you give me some advice how to finally finish the game from this phase? Recently, i died several times by the hand of the boss at Thunder Plains, so i got away, and than i've found the hole in Besaid very frustrating. It sucks. The story is very nice, there are some great moments, but the difficulty is weird. I use mostly these dresses: Yuna - wh. mage, Pain - Psychic, Rikku - thief (and sometimes bl. mage). Do you think it's possible to somehow finish it, or i'll need to restart it for third time?

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By avantegardener

Good luck, I gave this ago around 2004 and it broke me, like you I was under levelled at a certain point and skipped fights. Finally I said, no, thats enough of this nonsense.

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kaungo

I was in middleschool/high school gap when it came out so I had quite a bit of time to really grind and 100% all sphere scenes. That said, I wouldn't do it again these day.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@richardqx: Just rock a party composed of two dark knights and one white mage. The game cannot handle the Dark Knight's "Darkness" attack, even in the endgame, and having one character constantly casting Cura-(ga) sets you on a gravy train.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Richardqx

Hmm, i never tried this sphere. I've decided to restart it for the 3rd time, someday... xD I can't never beat the final boss inside the hole at Besaid like this. For now, i'll focus on something else. It's not completely a bad game, though here are my thoughts after almost 50 hours of trying to beat it.

CONS

- The characters, mainly Yuna, are like different persons than in X, it's old so there are even some not really nice textures, the difficulty - the balance is not well done, i never enjoyed minigames here - sphere change is ok though i just don't like math xD - battle arena is just another way to grind, and a slow one - so i didn't bother with it, wtf are the minigames at Calm Lands? Boooring xD The game design is weird and unpredictable - for instance i've accidentally skipped most of the 3rd chapter when i didn't know that completing a hot spot will end it - i thought i need to complete them all. Random generated encounters along with need for grind are pain in the ass

PLUSES

- Some good moments - mainly story moments, the humor, the music (at times)

_____

It's got a weird smack and yeah i was kinda mad at the game yesterday, when i realized i can't beat it even on my second try. So it looks like i don't have the best opinion of the game. Still, i am decided to beat it someday, on my 3rd try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.