Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

Next Beta: 6/21 to 6/23, Lodestone 2.0 beta now live

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule:

- Jun. 21st 2:00 a.m. to Jun. 23rd 2:00 a.m. (PDT) /

- Jun. 21st 9:00 to Jun. 23rd 9:00 (GMT)

New Lodestone: http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/

There's also some Legacy servers going up for testing (but new players are unable to join them this weekend).

Game is also at Green Man Gaming on PC for $22.50 (using voucher) with the pre-order bonus items:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/mmos/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn-na/

Why this is showing up as a question...I have no idea. I didn't submit it as one.

Edit: I suppose I can go ahead ask one though, how many people would be willing to join a Giant Bomb Free Company/Linkshell (i.e. guild)?

PontiusPyrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sure I plan on having two or three characters after launch, and would like to stick one in a GB FC

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By newhaap

I'm in!

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I d totally be in for a GB linkshell, i like most others don't have any contact with what the original linkshell used to be since the game went and split. which servers was everyone on in the first place if you already had existing characters?

I believe i was on Ragnarok from when they let us do a transfer to there although we can transfer our characters before the launch if we so wish.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

@m_shini: @newhaap: @pontiuspyrite: What character names do you guys planning on using in Phase 4 > Launch? we're probably gonna have the Linkshell and Free Company on Excalibur, but right now we're messing around on the Ultros server until they start letting us all mingle.

Excalibur is a Legacy server though, so some might have a problem starting off on a non-fresh server, we're making the guild so people don't have to worry about finding help though so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

servbot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd join but not sure on starting on a legacy server.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

@servbot91: It will really depends on how many Legacy players we have. If everybody wants to go to a newborn server, I've no problems with that.

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nadesico33

I have no idea where my v1.0 ended up after the server merges, and he wasn't high enough level for it to really even matter. If he still exists, I might just delete him and start over to free up the name.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Count me in

servbot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two extra ps3 beta keys if anybody needs one.

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Istealdreams

@servbot91 id take one of those if you still have it available >.>

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SnakeLinkSonic

I'll make a new thread if we get over ten (currently counting seven not including myself) and start adding you guys to a list in the OP.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for a GB linkshell if/when I get this game. One question, I don't remember how it was in XI, but can PC/PS3 players play with each other? I'll likely be getting this on PS3 since I'm not sure how well my PC would be able to play it.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would join a linkshell, I'm going to be playing on Behemoth...hopefully. I don't think that is a legacy server though.

servbot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Istealdreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

servbot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By servbot91
    newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@snakelinksonic: I have a legacy account, but I'm not sure what server my chars will end up on. My main legacy char name is Isaac Faeyur, if I get to rename him or create a new character I'll probably go with Isaac Faer to make it simpler :p

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely be playing this game, but I already have a number of friends in the game with whom I'll be playing so I won't be able to be in any GB linkshell/FC.

Still, hope everyone has fun!

Blunderguts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Blunderguts

Hey there, party people! I'd be totally down for GB community linkshell. Hopefully, there is enough support for it around these parts.

LiquidKrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidKrel

I'm totally in. Was planning on playing on Excalibur (legacy server) to play with some people, though I don't have a legacy account.

I have two extra ps3 beta keys if anybody needs one.

I have a friend who wants to get into the beta, if you still have a key left

servbot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By servbot91
    M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By M_Shini

@snakelinksonic: My character name is Maneki Kanji, or least that's what it is now and hopefully it doesn't need to change it i flip servers for this. I was playing since launch beforehand so i am a legacy player, ill have to see where i ed up and where other friends plan on going when its closer to the date but count me at least potentially in where ever it ends up being.

Wish i could of gotten in the ps3 beta to try it out but doubt i would end up playing on that since the pc version performs and looks so much better.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Grixxel

So I've not been following this a whole lot but curiosity has peaked. If I bought this on release, do I still have to get it again?

Edit: I meant original release.

PontiusPyrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snakelinksonic: i have no idea which character i'm gonna want to put where. For phase 3 though i'm using Frosted Wheat (its lore appropriate, too. Hellsguard are the best) on Ultros. I also have a legacy character on Excalibur, but I'm fine with starting a fresh character too.

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nadesico33

@grixxel: I don't know all the specifics regarding it, but they have said that v1.0 owners would be able to download the new client without having to rebuy, and that v1.0 owners who had applied but not gotten into closed beta would be invited to open.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'd be game to join a GB LS. I just don't like how hardcore people get though, kinda why I fell off with XI.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played the original release of FF XIV, though I am curious to see how Realm Reborn is. I somewhat regret passing up the original in hindsight, if for no other reason than to know what it was like to contrast the changes to the game and world against. I've mostly been browsing around on wikis to try and see what I missed. I've had no luck with beta codes though thus far.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professork: I'm definitely against that, but that's also one of the benefits of a fresh server. There will be much less of that at least for the first half-year or so. You're more than welcome to tag along.

I'd be game to join a GB LS. I just don't like how hardcore people get though, kinda why I fell off with XI.

I'll keep a lookout for a spare beta code. Are you PC or PS3? Send me a message if you get in beforehand.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By ProfessorK
    cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grixxel said:

So I've not been following this a whole lot but curiosity has peaked. If I bought this on release, do I still have to get it again?

Edit: I meant original release.

No, you won't need to rebuy the game. I don't believe you get another 30 days free, though.

I never played the original release of FF XIV, though I am curious to see how Realm Reborn is. I somewhat regret passing up the original in hindsight, if for no other reason than to know what it was like to contrast the changes to the game and world against. I've mostly been browsing around on wikis to try and see what I missed. I've had no luck with beta codes though thus far.

I played 1.0 on and off for most of its lifespan due to friends I had in the game. You didn't miss much of anything. The old world was completely unremarkable aside from one or two areas; it makes ARR all the more satisfying for me, but I'd still say you're probably in a better spot overall since you didn't waste any time on 1.0. :P

nadesico33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta3 Session 3 times posted:

NA: Jun. 28, 2:00 a.m. to Jun. 30, 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

EU: Jun. 28, 9:00 to Jun. 30, 9:00 (GMT)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.