Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 22, 2010

The second MMO in the Final Fantasy series, famous for its tumultuous launch and subsequent rebirth by a new development team.

PS3 and PC

kevlar907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kevlar907

Will they have cross platform servers?  More specifically, if I make a character on my PC and then pick the game up for PS3 will I be able to play the same character?

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By blazerx9x

I highly doubt it.

Dekkarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dekkarra

Just like FINAL FANTASY XI, FINAL FANTASY XIV will have cross-platform / cross-region servers, and you will be able to play your character on either platform when the PlayStation 3 version is released.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@blazerx9x said:
    " I highly doubt it. "
    Yes it will, FFXIV PS3's player will be on the same servers as the PC players.
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Did they ever fix all the issues the PC version had in the beta? 

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MrKlorox
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " Did they ever fix all the issues the PC version had in the beta?  "
    All? No way they would even try. It's an MMO. Expect an almost out of beta game at launch.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @MrKlorox said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    All? No way they would even try. It's an MMO. Expect an almost out of beta game at launch. "
    I heard it did not work well on PCS that could run crysis with ease. Lag issues. Crappy graphics. 
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlasherMan
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    All? No way they would even try. It's an MMO. Expect an almost out of beta game at launch. "
    I heard it did not work well on PCS that could run crysis with ease. Lag issues. Crappy graphics.  "
    You heard right. And no, nothing major has been fixed. And no, knowing SE, it'll take them a lifetime to do anything right.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SlasherMan said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    I heard it did not work well on PCS that could run crysis with ease. Lag issues. Crappy graphics.  "
    You heard right. And no, nothing major has been fixed. And no, knowing SE, it'll take them a lifetime to do anything right. "
    Maybe APB wont be the fastest dieing MMO. *lol* 
    SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlasherMan
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @SlasherMan said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    You heard right. And no, nothing major has been fixed. And no, knowing SE, it'll take them a lifetime to do anything right. "
    Maybe APB wont be the fastest dieing MMO. *lol*  "
    Doubtful when you have the FF fanboy crowd. Look around on the forums, they're either not willing to admit the game has any faults, or are in denial thinking something somehow will change in a week. If you try to even offer some constructive criticism, you're immediately labelled as a WoW fanboy and are told to "gb2wow" despite not suggesting anything be changed to even remotely resemble WoW.

They'll still buy it, play it and well... if they enjoy it despite it being this broken with a million things wrong with it, who am I to argue? All I know is I'm skipping it, and thankful that I didn't pre-order.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlasherMan said:
    " @SlasherMan said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    Doubtful when you have the FF fanboy crowd. Look around on the forums, they're either not willing to admit the game has any faults, or are in denial thinking something somehow will change in a week. If you try to even offer some constructive criticism, you're immediately labelled as a WoW fanboy and are told to "gb2wow" despite not suggesting anything be changed to even remotely resemble WoW. They'll still buy it, play it and well... if they enjoy it despite it being this broken with a million things wrong with it, who am I to argue? All I know is I'm skipping it, and thankful that I didn't pre-order. "
    You speak the truth, I had the collectors edition pre ordered until I actually played the beta and knew that it was a mess.

Just going to wait for the PS3 version.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @SlasherMan said:
    " @SlasherMan said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    Doubtful when you have the FF fanboy crowd. Look around on the forums, they're either not willing to admit the game has any faults, or are in denial thinking something somehow will change in a week. If you try to even offer some constructive criticism, you're immediately labelled as a WoW fanboy and are told to "gb2wow" despite not suggesting anything be changed to even remotely resemble WoW. They'll still buy it, play it and well... if they enjoy it despite it being this broken with a million things wrong with it, who am I to argue? All I know is I'm skipping it, and thankful that I didn't pre-order. "
    You speak the truth, I had the collectors edition pre ordered until I actually played the beta and knew that it was a mess.  Just going to wait for the PS3 version. "
    Wonder if they can save the train wreck. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Bucketdeth said:
    " @SlasherMan said:
    " @SlasherMan said:
    " @MrKlorox said:
    You speak the truth, I had the collectors edition pre ordered until I actually played the beta and knew that it was a mess.  Just going to wait for the PS3 version. "
    Wonder if they can save the train wreck.  "
    Maybe, the game has way to high requirements for PC and too many bugs and silly things like how I couldn't even figure out how to get to my inventory or the stupid ass surplus system.
    No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @SlasherMan said:

Thats kind of like saying "Go back to a better game that has more than 10 people playing".
    kevlar907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kevlar907

Ok, that more than answers my original question.  Even though the game looks all busted I like the idea of being able to play the same character on my PS3 and PC.

Dekkarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Dekkarra

From the recently opened FFXIV players site: 

HOW DO I PLAY THE GAME ON A DIFFERENT PLATFORM?
    I f you would like to play FINAL FANTASY XIV on different platforms using the same account, you will need to add a registration code for the platform on which you would like to play the game. Select Add a service account from the service account top page, enter your registration code, and then select the service account to which you would like to add the platform.
    Masonvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Masonvd

I don't think this game will catch on anytime soon, at least on the PC. The minimum requirement are an I7 for gods sakes. One of the reason WoW is so popular is because it'll run on a fricken toaster.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.