What server are you rolling? and why?

#1 Posted by Chicholas (25 posts) -

- Worlds Available Upon the Launch
The following worlds will be available upon the start of the early access that is scheduled for Sep. 22, 2010:

Cornelia
Kashuan
Gysahl
Mysidia
Istory
Figaro
Wutai
Trabia
Lindblum
Besaid
Selbina
Rabanastre
Bodhum
Melmond
Palamecia
Saronia
Fabul

#2 Posted by Chicholas (25 posts) -

Lindbulm cause FFIX was one of my favorite FF games.  Being an FFXI player I'm told that alot of  Quetzalcoatl (my ex-server) players are headed there as well.

#3 Edited by Kuraform (52 posts) -

Besaid, apparently it's the favored for Role players  and I'm a gigantic faggot

#4 Posted by Solarus (269 posts) -

I'm on Rabanastre because a lot of my friends are rolling there, in addition to my older brother's old linkshell.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

None until I am sure they fix the massive issues. 

#6 Posted by Falx (346 posts) -

Trabia because it was in FFVIII

#7 Posted by GT-Man (118 posts) -

sweet
#8 Posted by Shaggydoo (13 posts) -

Anyone know where Odin server players are heading?

#9 Posted by Macros (31 posts) -

Joined the Wutai server, hit me up!  Maccy Condoin

#10 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

lol...playing this game.

#11 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -
@Kuraform said:
" Besaid, apparently it's the favored for Role players  and I'm a gigantic faggot "
Hahaha, your awesome.
#12 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Apparantly Besaid, but we'll see...
#13 Posted by Kuraform (52 posts) -

I'm 'Pepper Lomble' on Besaid, if you want to group up and be gigantic faggots together.

#14 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

i will prob be on Rabanastre but i think ill wait a few weeks before picking up.... i know this is a stupid question but is it european servers and american servers or are we all bunched together?

#15 Posted by PixieNinja (172 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:
"i will prob be on Rabanastre but i think ill wait a few weeks before picking up.... i know this is a stupid question but is it european servers and american servers or are we all bunched together? "

All servers are cross-regional apparently. 

I still have yet to decide on what server to opt for, might poke around other FF fan sites to see who's favouring each different one.
#16 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Saronia, I have RL friends playing over there.

#17 Posted by Lorazepam (4 posts) -

Lindblum! Got some e-pals rolling over there.

#18 Posted by Chicholas (25 posts) -
@Lorazepam: 
Lindblum is laggy as shit right now, I started in Ul'dah and since alot of the guilds are there its heavily populated.  just a friendly heads up
#19 Posted by cherub09 (76 posts) -

I'm on Trabia because I messed up and started a new account instead of using the name created during OB. And because during OB I tried out about 4 different servers.... so my name got locked on each of those. Anyway, Trabia seems alright, good mix of nice helpful folks and d-bag KS'ers.

#20 Posted by Devil240Z (3272 posts) -

waiting for the game to come out in a non CE version. even then I probably wont buy it unless its impulse on steam or something. Probably just wait til the PS3 version. 

#21 Posted by nekoNari (132 posts) -

Anyone on Istory?

Istory had only one Chocobo filled up and didn't wanted to be on more populated servers, since the population is bound to shoot up once retail version's hits the stores.

#22 Edited by GideonAmos (192 posts) -

Just bought the CE today, rolled a character in Bodhum. Thought that I'd choose a low pop server for pretty much the same reason as nekoNari.

#23 Posted by Gunharp (336 posts) -

Chose the server Cornelia with my brother.

The trivia of what each server name is referencing to from previous Final Fantasy games is pretty cool.

#24 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

Besaid, Trabia, or Wutai...though Selbina might not be out of the question either

Anyone on those servers that can tell me how crowded they are or aren't?

#25 Posted by lawlerballer (204 posts) -

burning blade 

#26 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

So i ended up on Saronia with my friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.