Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 19, 2012

The thirteenth game in the Fire Emblem series and the first for the 3DS. Conceived as a "greatest hits" of previous Fire Emblem ideas, it features a mix of new mechanics and older gameplay concepts.

Question About Bonus Box

ikusaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay so I have loved the Fire Emblem series so CE the GBA one. I went into this pretty blind and am absolutely overwhelmed by everything I just unlocked in the bonus box. What is any of this and should I be saving it for end gsme ?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

The bonus box items are things you can use at your leisure. They're items you unlock as you increase your renown.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By StarvingGamer

Bonus Teams - These are teams themed around former characters from Fire Emblem games. You can summon them and dismiss them from your game at will. Once summoned, they will spawn at a random cleared chapter where you can buy an item from them, pay to recruit them, or fight their team to recruit them. Once you have interacted with them once they disappear, but they can be summoned as many times as you'd like.

Bonus Items - These are one-off items that you receive simply for owning Fire Emblem and updating the game. You can redeem them once.

Bonus Maps - These are special Paralogue missions that can only be attempted once you have completed Chapter 25 of the main story. They are significant challenges and allow you to recruit special characters if you follow the correct steps when completing them. You can activate them at any time to place them on your map, then attempt them at your leisure. Once completed, their stores will sell you high quality weapons.

Bonus Challenges - These are challenger sets for the multiplayer Double Duel mode. I haven't actually played multiplayer so I can't speak to the specifics about these, but I imagine you'd be welcome to use them whenever, wherever you had someone to play with.

EDIT: TL;DR Activate the Bonus Items and Bonus Maps immediately, activate the Bonus Teams whenever you want to use them, and the Bonus Challenges are only relevant if you're playing multiplayer.

@hailinel said:

The bonus box items are things you can use at your leisure. They're items you unlock as you increase your renown.

Actually the Renown Awards are completely separate from the Bonus Box :D

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@starvinggamer: Yeah, you're right. Frankly, there's so many bonuses in the game that it's hard to keep them all straight. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.