So is there any real reason this has been played by so few?

#1 Posted by forkboy (970 posts) -

I just noticed that compared to FM10 FM12 has had about 1/10th of the number of people on Giantbomb who have played it. 339 compared to over 3,300. Isn't that a little odd? Is there any reason why epople who played 10 aren't into this latest one? Personally I usually buy once every 2 years, & so never had FM11, but that can't be the case here.

#2 Posted by sh3vlin (17 posts) -

I dont know the answer to your question, but for me the game has got too deep and involved. Is there a simplified mode that makes it more like the earlier games? Would make sense to add a '97/98' mode.

#3 Posted by dabe (298 posts) -

I do, in my experience, find that most people don't purchase the game every year. I personally have come in and out of the series (ever since Champ Man 2 in 94/95). Played the shit out of 09 & just recently bought FM12 for some 4-way multiplayer as Arsenal though.

My guess, everybody who previously played FM has been sucked into a vortex of micro-management, not being able to frequent or log into Giant Bomb anymore.

Also, FIFA is getting out of hand.

#4 Posted by Gatehouse (483 posts) -

@dabe said:

I do, in my experience, find that most people don't purchase the game every year. I personally have come in and out of the series (ever since Champ Man 2 in 94/95). Played the shit out of 09 & just recently bought FM12 for some 4-way multiplayer as Arsenal though.

My guess, everybody who previously played FM has been sucked into a vortex of micro-management, not being able to frequent or log into Giant Bomb anymore.

Also, FIFA is getting out of hand.

Same here, I played a whole bunch of 09 at uni and now got 2012 and put way too many hours in financially ruining clubs.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21503 posts) -

....because soccer.

I mean, while it is the most popular sport in the WORLD, Americans typically don't care unless it says "Madden". That's a sad thing, given that I think most soccer players are way more what I would call "athletes" than American football players are.

#6 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -

Hated the new interface so skipped it

#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

Fifa has a manager mode in it now, while not as deep as FM, it probably drew a lot of people away from the franchise.

#8 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Because fuck sports basically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.