Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

For Honor

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 14, 2017

A third-person melee-focused arena versus multiplayer game featuring warriors from different periods of time. Initially featuring European Knights, Samurai, and Vikings but subsequentially expended with other warriors from different times and cultures.

Red NAT of death

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Anyone else having an issue where their NAT is set to strict for the current BETA? I have never had an issue with my NAT, it is currently at type 2 which is supposed to be moderate but this game reads it as strict. After waiting about 5 minutes in quick match mine switched to yellow which allowed me to connect to two games but as soon as it goes back to the red NAT it's all over for me.

Has anyone found a resolution to it. From what I've seen, the only way around is setting up a DMZ (I'm on a PS4 pro) or do port forwarding, which is a shitty solution when I've never experienced this issue before and never had to set any of these things up on my router in the past. From the two matches I've played the game seems kinda neat but if I can't play the main portion of the game reliably, I will definitely have to pass on this game.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is your router / gateway situation?

As in, did you ISP supply a gateway / router and you added another router somewhere in the chain?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

@mikewhy: nope, I have my own. If this was a consistent issue I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would most likely be doing this for most games. This is unique in that I have NEVER had a NAT issue like this before with any game on any console or pc game I've played.

I'm just curious if it's something in their end that is causing the issue. I don't know =\

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

Apparently its an ubisoft issue round the board for their multiplayer games. I had moderate during the first beta i was in but opening the ports helped, also if you have another console online might want to turn it off. When i played on pc and my ps4 was online i would go from open back to moderate for whatever reason.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360: maybe I'm just not smart but I can never get port forwarding to work on my router. Whenever I out in the numbers (80 for example) it always tells me the local ip is incorrect. Anyway, I've stuck my PS4 in the DMZ for now. Don't know how safe that is but the game is working now with an open NAT

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.