Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Forge

Concept »

Forge is a mode in Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4, which allows players to alter their favorite multiplayer maps and easily share them with friends and the Halo community.

Forge + Sandtrap = Dream Come True

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Tons of people will agree that Halo3 is nothing but a Halo 2.5 with minor improvements in graphics and gameplay. It has it's frustrating trial-and-error moments in single/multi player. It even has some balance issues with it's weapons and vehicles. Halo3 has a lot of flaws, and that's very agreeable. But there's one thing that makes Halo3 an actual sequel.

Forge

Every box, wall, and object is removable and replaceable. Have fun.

When Halo3 was released, Forge was a useless map editor that was used to move weapons, spawns, flag placements, and all that other stuff. It was a useful tool, but nothing else. That was until Foundry came into play, and it changed Forging forever. Why? With the use of moving immovable objects to create bridges, walls, and entrances, creating your own map was as easy as pie. All that was needed was some patience.

Since then, glitches were found. These glitches gave Forgers the ability to make objects float and attach together. These highly mistakable glitches made Bungie, in my views, a genius. Plus, with the amazing ability to create your own Game modes with the highly customizable options available in Custom Games, Halo3 became the Xbox360's LittleBigPlanet.

Just when things were going great, Bungie wanted to take the term "great" and enchance it to the term "godly". The result?

Sandbox.
    All that crap is removable and replaceable... only in a bigger environment.

Sandbox is Foundry 2.0. It's a large, nearly endless plain of awesomeness where imagination can strive.  It's bigger then Foundry, it's better then Foundry, and it's sandier then Foundry. We still don't know much about it, but it's rumored that Forgers have the ability of changing the Day-and-Night cycle of the map. If true, that's wicked awesome.

I can't wait for the Mythic Map Pack. It's #1 on my list for the most awaited DLC on Xboxlive, near GTA4: Lost and the Damned. Lets hope it followed the hype.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Tons of people will agree that Halo3 is nothing but a Halo 2.5 with minor improvements in graphics and gameplay. It has it's frustrating trial-and-error moments in single/multi player. It even has some balance issues with it's weapons and vehicles. Halo3 has a lot of flaws, and that's very agreeable. But there's one thing that makes Halo3 an actual sequel.

Forge

When Halo3 was released, Forge was a useless map editor that was used to move weapons, spawns, flag placements, and all that other stuff. It was a useful tool, but nothing else. That was until Foundry came into play, and it changed Forging forever. Why? With the use of moving immovable objects to create bridges, walls, and entrances, creating your own map was as easy as pie. All that was needed was some patience.

Since then, glitches were found. These glitches gave Forgers the ability to make objects float and attach together. These highly mistakable glitches made Bungie, in my views, a genius. Plus, with the amazing ability to create your own Game modes with the highly customizable options available in Custom Games, Halo3 became the Xbox360's LittleBigPlanet.

Just when things were going great, Bungie wanted to take the term "great" and enchance it to the term "godly". The result?

Sandbox.

Sandbox is Foundry 2.0. It's a large, nearly endless plain of awesomeness where imagination can strive.  It's bigger then Foundry, it's better then Foundry, and it's sandier then Foundry. We still don't know much about it, but it's rumored that Forgers have the ability of changing the Day-and-Night cycle of the map. If true, that's wicked awesome.

I can't wait for the Mythic Map Pack. It's #1 on my list for the most awaited DLC on Xboxlive, near GTA4: Lost and the Damned. Lets hope it followed the hype.
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

http://www.t3.com/features-gallery.html?articleId=8020&pi c=/images/H3_MP_Sandbox_3rdP-04.jpg&id=3
    some of the most coveted features- a grid snap system and a kill death zone

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DBoy

I had downloaded Forge a while back and didn't have the chance to really try it out.  I'm not a huge fan of Halo, so I guess that's why I haven't enjoyed it as much as you have.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CreamyGoodness

man the kill boxes for great if you want to make a map that people arent supposed to get out of. no matter how hard you try peopl;e always find a way to get out. until now that is

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CreamyGoodness
    DBoy said:
    "I had downloaded Forge a while back and didn't have the chance to really try it out.  I'm not a huge fan of Halo, so I guess that's why I haven't enjoyed it as much as you have."
    forge came in the game. not a download. maps i think you meant
    RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RenegadeSaint

This should lead to some excellent maps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.