Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortune Street

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 05, 2011

Marking the Itadaki Street board game series's first ever appearance outside of Japan, this Nintendo Wii entry once again challenges classic Dragon Quest characters (as well as Mario and his friends) in real estate.

Can you Save and Reload games later?

Libberate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Libberate

I watched the TNT of this, and it actually looked like something my roommates and I might really enjoy, but we don't have the time to sink into a 4+ hour game of fortune street.
     For people who've actually played the game, I was wondering: Is it possible to save your match in the middle of it to be picked up again at a later time?

smiteofhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By smiteofhand

In single player there is a quick save that you can do at any time. I don't know about local multiplayer, but online multiplayer I doubt it.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By VisariLoyalist

i hope it's true that if you select every possible option to make the game faster you can get it down to a couple hours. It also depends on how much time people spend making decisions which ends up being most of the time in these sorts of games in my experience.

smiteofhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By smiteofhand

@VisariLoyalist: I finished a game in under an hour, read my ramble impressions thread for more details, but if people know what they are doing then the game does not seem to drag on for too long.

Libberate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Libberate

Yah I was just concerned about local multiplayer.

If you can quicksave in singleplayer I have to assume you can quicksave in local multiplayer.
    I'll rent it first or something just to make sure.

smiteofhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By smiteofhand

Just gave it a go, and it looks like you cannot quick save in local multiplayer. You only have the option to abandon game. Friggin' Nintendo. I only started the game and played a round, so the very small possibility that the option only shows up after a few rounds is possible, but I doubt it.

I guess the Out for Lunch option helps with the sting a bit if someone needs to take off and everyone else wants to continue. At least you are not stuck playing the person's turn.

Libberate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Libberate
    @SmiteOfHand: ah that's a major bummer. Thanks for checking it out for me though.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@SmiteOfHand said:

Just gave it a go, and it looks like you cannot quick save in local multiplayer. You only have the option to abandon game. Friggin' Nintendo. I only started the game and played a round, so the very small possibility that the option only shows up after a few rounds is possible, but I doubt it.

I guess the Out for Lunch option helps with the sting a bit if someone needs to take off and everyone else wants to continue. At least you are not stuck playing the person's turn.

Actually, this game was developed by Square Enix. Any design decisions you don't like should be laid at their feet.

smiteofhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By smiteofhand

@Hailinel: Someone get Yasuhiro on the phone! I am the largest shareholder in District D and I demand answers.

Really though I am surprised how feature complete it is for an eleventh hour Wii game that probably barely made the localize cut. Annoyances like this aside.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.