How is the Wii U version?

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By dietomaha

I frankly didn't even realize this was on the Wii U until this morning when I saw an ad for it in the paper. Has anyone tried it? Are there any noticeable differences compared to 360 / PS3?

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Isn't out till the 22nd here in the UK I assume thats the same for the rest of the world.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I should find out for myself soon enough. I have a copy set to be delivered sometime between the 12th and 19th.

@wraxend said:

Isn't out till the 22nd here in the UK I assume thats the same for the rest of the world.

Nope.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was delayed in the UK only apparently, for some reason. In the US it came out on October 29th still.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ottoman673

Friend of mine who owns it says it's better than 360/PS3.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel
Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't take my word for it, but based off a couple Youtube videos I watched the Wii U version seems to have better color and saturation than the PS3/360 versions. Not sure about frame rates or anything like that.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@klei said:

@jsnyder82 said:

@jdh5153: Why?

Usually, third party titles aren't so good on the Wii U.

And your source for that bit of nonsense would be?

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@hailinel said:

@klei said:

@jsnyder82 said:

I mean, let's be fair dude, that was certainly true for a lot of the launch games. Of course, that also suggests that all the people parroting this point literally haven't paid attention to the Wii U in about a year, but who's keeping track!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jdh5153

@hailinel said:

@klei said:

@jsnyder82 said:

The fact that EA and Bethesda refuse to release games on the Wii U because the hardware can't handle it.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

@hailinel said:

@klei said:

@jsnyder82 said:

The fact that EA and Bethesda refuse to release games on the Wii U because the hardware can't handle it.

That doesn't prove the statement that third party titles aren't so good on the Wii U. You need to study up on how correlation works.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Direct feed from the Wii U and 360 versions. The Wii U version looks a bit better, and from what I've read, it seems to perform a bit better too. If not marginally better, the Wii U version of the game seems to be on par with any other current-gen console.

So, yeah. Some dudes like pulling factoids off their asses based on their own personal console bias. The butthurt is way too much to handle, I guess.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dietomaha

I asked this here because I didn't think it would turn into...well, exactly what it turned into. Oh well. Thank you @joeyravn for providing the comparison though.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found the performance of Deus Ex: DC to be disappointing on WiiU. Sending back to GameFly. I also hate WiiU controller for FPS.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Klei

@hailinel said:

@klei said:

@jsnyder82 said:

AC3 wasn't a good port on the Wii U. Same with Batman City Armored Edition. Framerate problems, a lot of draw distance pop in.

Edit: Someone already answered you in my stead.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like a chicken fried apple sauce

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive. The 360 version does look more washed out compared to the WiiU. Alas, I got it on the PS3.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hailinel

@klei said:

@hailinel said:

@klei said:

@jsnyder82 said:

AC3 wasn't a good port on the Wii U. Same with Batman City Armored Edition. Framerate problems, a lot of draw distance pop in.

Edit: Someone already answered you in my stead.

One game having issues does not mean that other games will. It would be like judging the PS3 based on the shoddy version of Bayonetta Sega ported to it.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joeyravn: @hailinel: Many third party Wii U games don't run quite as smooth as their PS3/360 counterparts. You can't really blame people for being a little suspect.

Examples: Assassin's Creed 3, Arkham City, Darksider 2, Black Ops 2, Mass Effect 3, Splinter Cell

What he said.

Wii U games also seem to have really bad load times. Like, four times as long.

@hailinel said:

One game having issues does not mean that other games will. It would be like judging the PS3 based on the shoddy version of Bayonetta Sega ported to it.

You seem a bit defensive about the issue.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hailinel

@slaegar: Only insofar as to argue against those using a limited sampling size to represent all. Evidence linked to in this thread suggests that ACIV looks and perhaps performs a bit better on Wii U than its 360 counterpart, which in turn negates the notion that "all" third-party titles are worse on the platform. Again, it's like using Bayonetta on PS3 to represent the console in all comparisons to the 360.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez. I just wanted someone who has played it to say how their experience was with it. What the hell, people.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jdh5153 said:

@ottoman673 said:

Friend of mine who owns it says it's better than 360/PS3.

Funniest thing I've ever heard.

The funniest thing I've read all day is this now that there is a comparison that shows the Wii U version looks the best.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dietomaha: Unfortunately, with new consoles come people only interested in stoking the fires of console wars. Sorry about this.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

@slaegar: Only insofar as to argue against those using a limited sampling size to represent all.

I've seen 7 cases mentioned in this thread. That's actually a decent portion of multi-platform games released on the Wii U thus far.

@dietomaha I'm sure the Wii U version is fine, but if you really want the "best" version, I'd wait for someone to really dig into it. I'll probably give a shot since I'm too impatient to wait for the PC version.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@octaslash: Seven annecdotal cases that, again, do not represent a whole, and many of which were ports developed on prerelease dev hardware to make it to launch. Call of Duty: Ghosts on X1 ran into its own issues, but should that one game represent the whole of third-party output quality for that particular console? This thread was simply a question regarding the quality of one Wii U game compared to other versions; not grounds for an idiotic console war pissing match.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#31  Edited By JasonR86

Apparently we can't have a thread that doesn't turn into a system war thread. Christ guys.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: Uh, how dare you bad mouth Xbox, you Sony Crony!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86: BECAUSE, EVEN THOUGH I HATE YOU AND ALL YOU STAND FOR...I GOTS ALL YO ALBUMS DAWG!

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

@mariachimacabre:

Sony Crony is my rap name dawg how'd you know!?!?

Does the Sony Crony right a pony or is (s)he just a phony?

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dietomaha: I've put a bunch of hours into the WiiU version, and I'm having a blast with it. The gamepad doesn't really add anything to the experience for me. You can move most of the HUD elements to the gamepad if you want, but I don't much like that because I want to always have the context-sensitive button layout on my TV. I mostly play it with the Pro Controller, which I find more comfortable for this style of game anyway.

Dunno how it stacks up against the PS3/360 versions visually, as I haven't actually experienced either of those on my own TV. I imagine the differences, if they even exist, are negligible. The online mode is totally functional, but sometimes you have to wait a long while to get into a match. Don't know how that compares to other versions, but it's a WiiU game with online multiplayer so there's probably just not a lot of people playing. And Ubisoft has stated outright that it will NOT get the DLC that the other versions get, if that matters to you.

As far framerate/playability goes, it's totally fine. I mean it hitches in places like you'd expect, but overall it runs really well. There are some super-rare moments where all of a sudden the framerate jumps up really high and the game is crazy-smooth, and I find that even more jarring than when it dips. But those moments are few and far-between.

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias Thank you very much. I still haven't decided if I want to get this on Wii U, PC, or maybe even wait until I eventually get a PS4 and / or a One. But hey, if that's my major issue right now, I think I'm in an ok place.