paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By paco

This one's a doozy:

• Password matching can now be done regardless of level.
  • Password matching can now be done even if registered to a different oath.
  • Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream.
  • Weapons and hunter tools have been tweaked, it will be mostly buffs.
  • A bug of the Rifle Spear has been fixed. (Flat Arcane Blood Gem no longer affects Rifle Spear gun damage)
  • A bug with Blood Gem Imprints has been fixed.
  • Boss rewards in the Chalice Dungeons will be improved, they will now drop blood gems randomly.
  • Chalice dungeons will now include Blood Stone Shards at Depth 1, Twin Blood Stone Shards at Depth 2, Twin Blood Stone Shards and Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 3, Blood Stone Chunks at Depth 4 and Blood Stone Chunks and Blood Rocks at Depth 5.
  • Passwords now work efficiently with opposing covenants (easy organized PvP finally!)
  • Beasthood bar is now much easier to fill up. This also works with Beast claws, as they were buffed accordingly
  • Rifle Spear shotgun glitch fixed. Was also buffed slightly in terms of damage.
  • Kirkhammer stamina consumption reduced
  • Logarius' Wheel stamina consumption reduced
  • Hunter's bone bullet consumption reduced to 4, duration now buffed. It lasts about 16 seconds or so.
  • Tiny Tonitrus arcane scaling and damage buffed
  • A Call Beyond buffed, tracking improved
  • Augur of Ebrietas arcane scaling buffed
  • All casting damage during riposte buffed
  • Choir bell bullet consumption reduced, effect now scales accordingly to arcane stat
  • Insight store now only requires 1 insight, huzzah!
  • Short root chalice is now sold there for 10 insight.
  • You can now buy Blood Stone Chunks at the Insight Store in Hunter's Dream for 30 Insight each.
  • You can now buy lost and uncanny weapons at messenger baths in chalice dungeons
  • Summon HP in cursed dungeons now scales accordingly down to 50% (Used to be 65)
  • Summons now spawn at lamp instead of randomly in the pits of hell with some mob
  • Fixed frame rate drops during co-op
  • Fast moving enemies will no longer "Warp" around during online play.
  • Options can now be accessed via title screen

I confirmed in my own game that 600 blood vials and 600 QS bullets can be stored (after accidentally spending 300K echoes on blood vials thinking it was still capped at 99) and that the insight store only requires 1 insight to use it. But I haven't checked to see if that first password matching line is true, don't have anyone to test with currently.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Those things sound cool, I've definetly thought that they should up the limit for how many bloodvials you can store. I should get back to the game and finish it.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

One thing that isn't listed here is that the screen doesn't get really dark anymore when you retrieve blood echoes, although I was only playing in chalice dungeons today and those are pretty dark so maybe I just think it's not getting dark but it actually does.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By paco

@maginnovision: Not saying it wouldn't be true, just that I'm skeptical of anything I read on the internet, especially when it's not the official patch notes (which, looking at the PS4 update history, doesn't mention any of this information, just "improved game balance. Various bug fixes").

Also, password matching removing the level range requirement from coop is such a fundamental change to the souls games that I almost have to see it in action to believe it. Granted, given the amount of these changes I'm seeing in my own game this is probably all legit.

paco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maginnovision: Ah, did not know that. The wiki page I linked to didn't mention anything like that.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Beast Claws were probably the best boss killer in the game so interesting to see that they got buffed.

Loading Video...

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's crazy that they buffed beasthood, it was already so damn good for boss fights.

The Hunter tools were buffed, but they're still not great overall. Beat Claw, choir bell and maybe, occasionally, augur of Ebrietas are the only ones I find effective still. A Call Beyond still kind of sucks.

It wasn't mentioned, but that one reiterpallasch attack that did no damage seems to have been fixed.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

NOW they let you buy bloodstone chunks... I've only been done with the game for a month now... The conspiracy is real: day one buyers really are beta testers...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

That's a lot of good shiette, most of which tick off a fair few of my complaints in my criticism blog! It's just too bad that after six playthroughs already I feel like I'm starting to wind down on my Bloodborne playing...

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rongalaxy: I hear you. I platinumed it before the loading time reduction patch was even out and now they're trying to make all those points I wasted on arcane meaningful? I've been wanting an excuse to boot this game up again, but I'm afraid it simply has nothing left to offer me.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: I'm pretty surprised you were able to get six (presumably) entertaining playthroughs out of this game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Curious has the game changed very much since launch with the various patches?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Quicksilver bullets and blood vials can now be stored up to 600 (the previous limit was 99) in the storage in Hunter’s Dream. "

HOLY SHIT YES. Was soooooooooooooo tired of that stupid pop-up.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to see they are still improving the game. I actually got to spend a fair bit of time with it this weekend and the additional space for blood vials is much welcome. I used up a lot on the ring wraith dudes.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Good changes and the no level limit co-op thing now ensures that friends can play together without having to worry about saying within level range. The 600 limit for viles and bullets is really good. Could have used that on my Chalice Dungeon runs on my way to the platinum since I was just throwing souls at other consumable items (maxed out everything) because I couldn't buy anymore viles or bullets.

I wont be playing Bloodborne until the DLC hits since I got my platinum (Witcher 3 has taken over), but they should keep improving the game.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

These changes seem insane, pretty much improving/making the game easier all round. Glad I still haven't finished it yet.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

All of those changes sound absolutely fantastic. Too bad I played through the game three times and got the platinum like two months ago. Don't have much desire to play through a fourth time with the game's lack of build and playstyle variety.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paco said:

• Password matching can now be done regardless of level.

Ah, they must be tweaking it so Vinny can join in on the next Bradborne.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, well wouldn't it be a bit better if they implemented invite system for co-op buddies while still maintaining the level range. I can see this working for chalice dungeons but in the main game an op character can drop a boss with one combo.

Everything else they have done with it is great. I can't tell you how bad it feels when i leave out a vial or silver bullet while knowing that i'll be needing later in the game.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few things I noticed today: Amygdala no longer infinite loops jumps if you're on his tail and now tracks to your position, though after you adjust to it this is just an easy way to get some free damage so just speeds up the fight overall. Repeating pistol guy in the Cathedral Ward no longer falls off the ledge every time and actually stays up there.