Playable at Gamescom , releasing "early 2015"

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

"We're really working flat out to get this game out for early 2015," producer Jun Yoshino said during a recent event attended by Digital Spy.

"We're going to be there at all upcoming major game shows like Gamescom, where we'll have our first hands-on demo on pods on the show floor. There we can gauge first hand the reaction to the game."

Revealed at E3 in June, the game is being helmed by Demon's Soulsand Dark Souls director Hidetaka Miyazaki, although it isn't a sequel to either title.

It will retain strategic elements found in Demon's Souls while transitioning to a faster, more offensive combat style. Players will be able to use melee weapons as well as guns to fight their way through the diseased horrors of the game's 19th century setting, the city of Yharnam.

Though the player character comes to Yharnam seeking a remedy for an unspecified affliction, the traveller finds the city stricken by a horrific contagion that transforms both beasts and humans into bloodthirsty monsters.

Source

All i have to say to this news.

No Caption Provided

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

'Early 2015' would be swell, but... I won't hold my breath.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Near the same time as the Order? One of those is getting delayed/moved back

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

yea wouldnt surprise me if this is their march 2015 game, especially when uncharted 4 seems like their fall 2015 game.

Sony is going to have a strong year next year. but they kind of have nothing this year (unless you want to sort of count destiny as they have been really in bed with destiny)

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FROM Has a good track record of releasing games on time. I expect a release date at TGS.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By AndrewB

Release it when it's ready and the framerate on PS4 isn't arse.

In the meantime, I could spend that entire frame of time playing another run of Dark Souls 1 or 2 or both or even a first in Demon's Souls, so I'm good.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I believe early 2015 is what they were saying at E3 too, so let's hope they can meet it!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb: You need to play demon souls like serious

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave
AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@andrewb: You need to play demon souls like serious

I'd be doing it right now if it didn't also mean buying a console. When I'm done with Dark Souls 2 I'll be scouting for a cheap PS3 and then checking out the games I missed on that console, Demon's Souls being the top slot.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Goddamnit. I still need a PS3 to play through all these damn games I didn't get around to before my old one stopped reading discs. But an early 2015 release means I might just skip that and grab a PS4, then a PS3 when it's dirt cheap to play MGS4 and such.

Orrrr maybe that stuff'll all be on PlayStation Now. That'd be convenient.

Or maybe I'll just buck up and change the laser myself.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Corevi
@theht said:

Goddamnit. I still need a PS3 to play through all these damn games I didn't get around to before my old one stopped reading discs. But an early 2015 release means I might just skip that and grab a PS4, then a PS3 when it's dirt cheap to play MGS4 and such.

Orrrr maybe that stuff'll all be on PlayStation Now. That'd be convenient.

Or maybe I'll just buck up and change the laser myself.

MGS4 is on PS Now at least (as is every other Metal Gear game that isn't MGS1).

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

@corruptedevil: Sweet! Looking over my library, most I either have on PC (or could get for cheap) or I'm not really clamorin to play.

Playing through MGS3 and MGS4 is pretty much the only disc-stuff I wanted to get through. So I'll probably get a PS4 when Bloodborne comes out and play those with PSNow. :D

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corevi
@theht said:

Playing through MGS3 and MGS4 is pretty much the only disc-stuff I wanted to get through. So I'll probably get a PS4 when Bloodborne comes out and play those with PSNow. :D

I highly recommend Peace Walker if you haven't played that either.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They announced the Japanese release date at TGS.

5 February 2015 !

Loading Video...

That's probably also close to the date (or even the same date) as the rest of the world.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By syz

Well, Dark Souls 2 was simultaneous... so it would be Feb 3rd NA if that's the case here.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard a date was floating around at Gamescom. 30th of March or something? February seems too close for comfort. Hopefully I'll be unemployed by then.