PSA: Hippos can do friendly fire damage

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The funny part is this was probably going to be my easiest invasion all day, but yeah, the more you know. I'm level 44 and it takes about 1-2 minutes between invasions roughly; highly recommend it for anyone that's interested. Such a wonderful zone for it. Interestingly Hippos seem to be the best weapon (short of the 2 super aliens in the area) for dealing with 2-3 players but apparently they're a double edged sword; also their AI isn't the greatest when faced with multiple opponents.

The Riveting Sequel:

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

But...thats a pig not a hippo

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@demoskinos: Looks like a hippo, acts like a hippo, is in fact a hippo despite being called a boar. Just like the Hippos were Hippos in Dark Souls II.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You're a hippo.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Giving invaders a bad name AND mislabeling pigs; now I've seen it all

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Well that's certainly good to know. When I make a new character I'll have to try some invading there (I've only tried it in the nightmare front before).......and that's a god damn fucking pig.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

"Excuse me sir, I'm here to kill you; allow me to take the time for you to prepare for your own demise, as one nobly does in these situations. What this isn't a duel? Madman! Every situation ever is a duel just because, well you know manners. Because that matters in the slightest." It makes me proud to perturb such stupidity. Alternatively "I'm here to be a dick and fuck up your progress, wasn't it so nice that I bowed to you before fucking up your progress and being an asshole? That really makes me feel less bad about being such an asshole; wow what a relief!" Embrace the asshole powers, become the true invader.

It's clearly not a pig but at least a boar but a boar with water treading habits and land mammal killing powers which upgrades it from boar status to hippo status. Hippo required ahead, essentially Common Sense required ahead.

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Humanity

@fredchuckdave: Being an invader doesn't mean you instantly have to be a huge dick. No one has to bow or go through lengthy rituals. Simply make sure the dood sees you and go at it. It's really shitty to just sneak up on someone. You wanted to fight another player then fight them, don't hide behind mobs, or stow away in some random corner of the map, or sneak up on people to instantly kill them - have an old fashioned one on one.

I mean obviously nothing is stopping you, but why would you want to be that guy.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I only got invaded in the nightmares. Did I get (un)lucky?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evo: I never got invaded once during my entire playthrough, and I was playing online and doing co-op with other players just fine.

So you were luckier than me.

JRM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JRM
@humanity said:

@fredchuckdave: Being an invader doesn't mean you instantly have to be a huge dick. No one has to bow or go through lengthy rituals. Simply make sure the dood sees you and go at it. It's really shitty to just sneak up on someone. You wanted to fight another player then fight them, don't hide behind mobs, or stow away in some random corner of the map, or sneak up on people to instantly kill them - have an old fashioned one on one.

I mean obviously nothing is stopping you, but why would you want to be that guy.

Agreed.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By IBurningStar
sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#17  Edited By sammo21

I'm still in the camp of "hahaha I murdered every person who tried to invade me"

Also, hahaha you got murdered by a pig.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how this topic about pvp turned into a debate over the name of an enemy in the game. I will forever call it the hipigy.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Eh, invaders have so many handicaps in Bloodborne that bitching about their tactics is silly. Invading in Bloodborne (outside of the Nightmares) is virtually impossible unless you're trying to co-op from what I understand, so a lot of invaders outside of the Nightmare areas are going to be walking into 2-on-1 situations and the like. Why shouldn't they use all available tools at their disposal? Same goes for the invadee; use everything you've got at your disposal. If your invader bows or curtsies, stab them in the face.

They're there to fuck up your progress, not bake you cookies.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Fredchuckdave
Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Justin258

That was dirty and a dick move and the very reason why I don't really want to play these games online

...but as a person who appreciates pragmatism, I'd probably be the same way if I did a lot of invading in Souls games.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@evo: I never got invaded once during my entire playthrough, and I was playing online and doing co-op with other players just fine.

So you were luckier than me.

Do you need to play co-op to get invaded?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Since you guys liked the first one (especially the linguistics) so much I made a sequel, put it in the OP. Apologies to @ripelivejam for stealing his title strategy.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Karkarov

Dude those are not hippo's. The hippos/tubbies are in Dark Souls 2. The armored pigs are in Dark Souls 1. The cuthullufathagan what the hell is wrong with their face pigs are in Bloodborne. Also seriously, he is invading the odds are not in his favor in a two on one especially with that god awful lag. Honor in souls games is for organized pvp not for random invasions. Please try to consider this is coming from someone who used to get his jollies organizing pvp tournaments for Demon's Souls.

Punched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Why did you upload a three minute video that has nothing happening for the first two minutes?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I'll admit I just like saying Hippo(s).

@canteu: I had fun, I thought it was hilarious; also rather surprising. Is the objective to make the other player have fun? "and I'm right" seems to be your general mindset as evidenced by your posting style; no need to stipulate it.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canteu said:

@karkarov: @fredchuckdave: I see nobody mention honour or bowing or dueling rules in this thread other than you two. All I said is you don't look fun to be invaded by and I'm right. Nobody had any fun in that video. Anyway I 1 shot invaders or play offline so doesn't matter to me.

Actually I was replying to other posters who made comments saying he should behave fairly. That's pure nonsense, in an invasion there is no such thing as fair, it is a random invasion. I don't see the phantom ally of the guy Fred invaded backing off to let the host fight Fred mano a mano either for example. If I am invaded I expect the invader to fight dirty. I should also warn you that can go both ways and as the invadee I have been more than happy to ambush people and knock them off cliffs, literally refuse to engage unless they would fight in my chosen area, summon friends but only because someone invaded, or just totally cock block them by gunning for the boss room and forcing them out.

There is no honor, fairness, or anything else in random pvp. Bloodborne as a game is not fair from the get go. You are right Canteu it doesn't really look super fun and for the most part it isn't except for the invader but contrary to a what popular epeen streamers and youtubers want you to believe normally the invader actually loses.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Hippos? Pigs? At least they're not humanoid-like creatures or super slow. This is the first footage of seen of Bloodborne that isn't clearly in their victorian gothic cities. Makes me somewhat more interested in it.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you actually think that's a hippo? What the fuck?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evo: I think so but I'm not sure. I know that if you summon someone into your world it will automatically start searching for an invader to summon in as well - whether this happens only in certain zones or everywhere is sort of unclear to me. I know that in the few areas of the game with the bell witches you can get invaded by other players while flying solo.

Either way, never once did I ever get a message saying someone is summoning in, and I took my time in all the PVP areas. Even did a bit of farming before Margo's Wet Nurse in co-op. Nothing. Which is strange because as I mentioned, getting help into my game or helping out in other games worked perfectly fine without a significant amount of waiting so I don't think it's a connection thing. Maybe I was just always awkwardly out of the typical level range for those areas, I did finish my first playthrough kind of high level coming in just under 100.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fredchuckdave
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: How quickly did you kill the Bell Maidens?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Humanity

@evo: I dunno, not too fast not too slow? If we're talking about the area just before Margo's Wet Nurse, then you know, you gotta fight the guys on the bottom, and then get that guy who's throwing the fire, then kill the three pigs, and only then you make your way around to the bell ringer. Thats a good 5-10 minutes before you get to her; should be enough to summon someone in.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Off topic, but I found out that if you invade someone's world, you can interact with gates and stuff. Not sure of it actually changes their world or not though. You can do with this information what you will.

marchismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It's a pig.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I didn't get invaded there either, which is probably for the best considering both times I got invaded my framerate turned to shit and the other player lagged big time.