2012 GOTY Bombcast Unofficial Time Stamps (The Thread)

• 81 results
pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#1  Edited By pyromagnestir

Let's do this! For doz dat wish to remain unsullied by discussion of the one game they have yet to finish. Or the two games. Or three.

Let us work together as a community and help those poor souls. Let's start with the easy part: a breakdown of when the discussion for each award starts and what games are involved in that discussion. If you're feeling particularly bold then feel free to be even more specific with things like Fez is discussed from XX:XX to YY:YY, but honestly I don't expect you to be that crazy. Maybe you could just mention the severity of the spoilers when a game is discussed. Are they only light spoilers, or in depth, heavy spoilers of big moments.

Also I don't think we need to list every game that gets mentioned, just ones that get talked about in detail. So if you hear a game get brought up but don't see it on the list, it's because they don't say much of consequence about it. And of course some of the categories are less spoiler focused then others.

And I'm trying to list the games roughly in order of when they're mentioned. Perhaps if a game gets talked about twice, once in a light fashion and once in more spoilery fashion I'll list it twice and indicate that.

@ me with stuff if you want to help, and I'll try to keep this updated.

Day 1

2012's 2011 Game of the Year starts at beginning, (duh)

• sounded pretty safe to me, and they are talking about games from last year, so...

Best Moment/Sequence starts at 22:22

• 00:25:45 - 00:26:30 -> 'Mass Effect3' dlc 'From Ashes' MAJOR spoiler
  • 0:26:30 - 0:27:49 -> 'Binary Domain' MAJOR spoiler,
  • 0:27:49 - 0:31:12 -> 'Fez' - minor spoiler imo because i think everyone knows by now that this game is much more than just a 2D platformer
  • 0:31:12 - 0:33:35 -> 'Asura's Wrath' minor spoilers. if you don't want to know just how ridiculous this game gets, skip this part,
  • 0:33:35 - 0:34:34 -> 'Far Cry 3' no spoilers,
  • 0:34:34 - 0:35:07 -> 'Journey' some talk about the sliding sequence. Again, nothing you need to avoid in here,
  • 0:35:07 - 0:40:42 -> 'Spec Ops: The Line' - MAJOR spoilers,
  • 0:40:42 - 0:50:50 -> 'The Walking Dead' MAJOR spoilers for Episode 3,
  • 0:50:50 - 0:52:05 -> 'The Walking Dead' spoiler for Episode 4,
  • 0:52:05 - 0:53:10 -> 'The Walking Dead' again MAJOR spoilers for Episode 3 mixed with a spoiler for Episode 4,
  • 0:53:10 - 1:00:40 -> 'Assassin's Creed 3' MAJOR spoiler. The crew spoils the only good thing about this game so watch out
  • 1:00:40 - 1:07:25 -> 'Frog Fractions' MAJOR spoilers

Best New Character starts at 1:15:40

• The Walking Dead - They don't really talk specifics, so nothing too spoilery. They might hint at some stuff.
  • 1:21:37 - 1:22:28 -> 'Halo 4' haven't played the game, but without context it sounds like a minor thing
  • 1:23:38 - 1:25:30 -> 'Sleeping Dogs' MAJOR spoiler
  • 1:28:49 - 1:32:49 -> 'Mass Effect 3: From Ashes' spoilers, some character interaction spoilers
  • 1:32:49 - 1:33:18 -> 'Spec Ops: The Line' moderate spoiler towards the very end of the discussion
  • 1:35:57 - 1:36:01 -> 'Far Cry 3' minor spoiler,

Best Music starts at 1:39:30

• 1:43:04 - 1:43:07 -> 'Asura's Wrath' spoiler,

Best Classic Revival starts at 1:52:30

• safe

Day 2

Walking Dead Episode of the Year

• So this is easy. Hey, guys! They talk about The Walking Dead here! At least I assume they do... I haven't listened to it. I likely won't either, so if they talk about more than just The Walking Dead let me know.

Best Debut starts at 26:20

• 41:50 - 42:30 -> 'The Walking Dead' they talk a bit about the game mechanics, and very briefly and in a vague manner allude to a later episode scenario but don't mention any specifics

Best Surprise starts at 42:50

• safe

Miiverse Community of the Year starts at 1:08:06

• MAD FUNKY BARN SPOILERS YA'LL AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Best Use of a Licensed Song starts at 1:16:29

• 1:19:25 - 1:21:00 -> 'Spec Ops The Line' early game spoilers
  • 1:21:10 - 1:21:35 -> 'Alan Wake's American Nightmare' possible spoilers

Day 3

Best Use of Skrillex

• safe

Best Use of Nolan North starts at 9:05

• safe

Best Looking Game starts at 10:37

• 23:14 - 23:28 -> 'Fez' they talk about some stuff regarding artistic design of levels that you might want to avoid if you want to be surprised by that sort of stuff.
  • 34:56 - 35:28 -> 'Journey' spoilers

The PLEASE STOP award starts at 35:38

• Huh... I'm not sure if the all story stuff from 36:27 - 37:26 should count as vague spoilers or not. Mass Effect 3 Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III are mentioned in it though.
  • 59:38 - 1:00:22 -> 'Mass Effect 3' spoilers. While what they talk about kind of sounds like nonsense without of context, if you want to know absolutely nothing about Mass Effect 3 I'd suggest you skip this part.

URL of the Year starts at 1:00:40

• safe

Day 4

WarioWare Spirit Award

• safe

Best Download Game starts at 16:22

• safe

Best Multiplayer starts at 39:30

• safe

Best Story starts at 1:08:30

• 1:10:50 - 1:16:10 -> 'Dragon's Dogma' spoilers
  • 1:17:20 - 1:23:30 -> 'Spec Ops The Line' spoilers
  • 1:26:47 - 1:29:50 -> 'Tokyo Jungle' spoilers. Yeah. Tokyo Jungle. Ya'll should listen to this shit it's pretty nuts.
  • 1:33:33 - 1:36:45 -> 'Dust: An Elysian Tale' spoilers

Most Disappointing Game starts at 1:39:05

• 1:46:05 - 1:46:50 -> 'Mass Effect 3' spoilers
  • 1:46:50 - 1:56:00 -> in between here they go back and forth between Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. I didn't hear any spoilers but I zoned out a bit and might've missed some stuff. I'll check it again later.
  • 1:56:00 - 2:00:10 -> 'Assassin's Creed 3' spoilers

Day 5

Dumbest Motion-Controlled Moment

• safe

Best Trend starts at 10:16

• safe

Biggest News ~22

• safe

Worst Game starts at 42:36

• safe

Game of the Year starts at 58:40.

• 2:11:30 - 2:11:42 -> Walking Dead spoiler.
  • 2:17:18 - 2:17:53 -> Far Cry 3 spoilers
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

I'm more interested in what gets spoiled where. I've just started walking dead, and I'm happy to hear them talk about it, but is it spoiler based? I guess I'll have to assume yeah, probably.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Thank you.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pyromagnestir

@AlisterCat:

I'd like for this to include some indication of whether there are light spoilers that come as part of a more generalized discussion, or do they really start breaking shit down.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Thanks a lot man.

Trying to avoid the sequence part. Still have Spec Ops to play and might go back to Binary Domain.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By azteris

Yeah, as someone who hasn't gotten around to TWD, but doesn't mind anything else being spoiled, it'd be nice to get timestamps to avoid that.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pyromagnestir

I put them in spoiler blocks not because they'll contain spoilers, but rather for two reasons

1. if this works out the first post could get pretty long by the time we get to day 5
  2. I think it's kinda funny

edit: oh and if anyone could help me with the moment/sequence discussion that would be extremely awesome, because I skipped that since I'm planning on finishing Spec Ops sometime tonight.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By bacongames

@Azteris said:

Yeah, as someone who hasn't gotten around to TWD, but doesn't mind anything else being spoiled, it'd be nice to get timestamps to avoid that.

Same here. I'm just looking to avoid ME3 and TWD spoilers really appreciate this. Hope this thread keeps getting updated.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By butano

Oh sweet! Yea, had to avoid the podcast where Brad finally finished ME3 and they were all like "HEY, THPOILERTH EVERYBODY", so hopefully the masses here at GB can help out a poor lad who hasn't played through all these games yet.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pyromagnestir

I need someone who's willing to do some dirty work on the Best Moment/Sequence category. Any takers?

Also anyone who wants to verify the veracity of my spoiler claims? I haven't played most of those games so I don't know whether they're no big deal, or "holy shit!" type deals.

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joetom

Hmm, I'd like to avoid Spec Ops spoilers myself. Any hints on timestamps I should avoid when I listen to this at work in a few day?

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pyromagnestir

@joetom:

Well, during the best character discussion they start off talking about Spec Ops main character and don't spoil much, but at the very end of that discussion they let something slip that sounded pretty significant to me. The discussion was brief, though. So if you jump ahead a couple minutes or so when they start talking about it you'll be fine, I think. I don't really intend to time stamp every single time they mention a game, or something.

I haven't finished the game yet so I'm also hoping to avoid Spec Ops spoilers. At least until I finish it at some point in the next couple of days. After that, fuck it! Spoil all the gamez I don't care! But I'll still update this for those who do.

lokilaufey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lokilaufey

No chance anyone can list when specific game discussions start/end? (I know it would be a lot of work, but also much appreciated. Would understand why someone wouldn't want to, though.)

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pyromagnestir

@lokilaufey:

It would be a crazy amount of work. If people want to help with it that's one thing, but I don't want to be all "They talk about Walking Dead from here to here." and have someone bitch at me when the briefly mention something about Walking Dead later on.

I'd rather just say here's how long the segment lasts, and here's what gets discussed in it in roughly the order it's discussed, and how in depth it is, and let people decide if they want to risk it or not. I think that's good enough.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By azteris

@pyromagnestir said:

@lokilaufey:

It would be a crazy amount of work. If people want to help with it that's one thing, but I don't want to be all "They talk about Walking Dead from here to here." and have someone bitch at me when the briefly mention something about Walking Dead later on.

I'd rather just say here's how long the segment lasts, and here's what gets discussed in it in roughly the order it's discussed, and how in depth it is, and let people decide if they want to risk it or not. I think that's good enough.

I think we get that, it's just hard to actually remain "unsullied" in your words, when at most it's just "Oh, there are some moderate or light spoilers around this area of the podcast".

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Azteris:

You'll know what they discuss in each section. You'll know roughly when, because they're listed in order (so if say you're trying to avoid Spec Ops and you hear them talking about Mass Effect 3, be cautious) and roughly how in depth they get. And if there is something particularly huge I'll try and point that out, although I need help with that aspect as I haven't played most of the games from this year.

That's plenty of information to work with. And if someone really wants to avoid stuff they can just skip that section. It would be insane to make a second by second guide. Only crazy people would follow that. If someone is that worried about spoilers they shouldn't be listening to a Game of the Year podcast anyway.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By cmblasko

This is a great idea, I will do what I can to contribute. I just knew I was going to be kicking myself for not finishing The Walking Dead before the GOTY podcasts drop.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By azteris

@pyromagnestir said:

@Azteris:

You'll know what they discuss in each section. You'll know roughly when, because they're listed in order (so if say you're trying to avoid Spec Ops and you hear them talking about Mass Effect 3, be cautious) and roughly how in depth they get. And if there is something particularly huge I'll try and point that out, although I need help with that aspect as I haven't played most of the games from this year.

That's plenty of information to work with. And if someone really wants to avoid stuff they can just skip that section. It would be insane to make a second by second guide. Only crazy people would follow that. If someone is that worried about spoilers they shouldn't be listening to a Game of the Year podcast anyway.

My point is that, realistically, this guide is of no use to someone in my situation. I want to listen to the podcast, and I only care about the section where they talk about the Walking Dead, but I'm not going to listen up until then, jump a random amount forward in the podcast, check to see if their talking about Halo or it's still Walking Dead, and then try to skip to a good part again. My point is that the thing you set out to 'help' everyone with still has the person doing 95% of the work. Which is fine, but don't pretend like everyone is unreasonable for asking for time stamps. It's not that uncommon for people to make them for spoiler-free listening.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By csl316

Great idea, I just don't wanna screw up and hear about The Walking Dead since I plan to play it this week.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Azteris:

It's not unreasonable to want time stamps, but I'm not going to do them because that's a lot more work. That's all. I still feel if you want to avoid Walking Dead this system can give you all you need to do so relatively easily, or to decide that you're just not going to listen to that part until later, and in most cases that's good enough. If others want to help out with some rough time stamps that's cool and I'll add them. This is a work in progress after all. It hopefully will have more detail added if other users chip in.

Oh, and fast forwarding a bit is 95% of the work? Really? Come on now...

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By OneManX

@Azteris said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@Azteris:

My point is that, realistically, this guide is of no use to someone in my situation. I want to listen to the podcast, and I only care about the section where they talk about the Walking Dead, but I'm not going to listen up until then, jump a random amount forward in the podcast, check to see if their talking about Halo or it's still Walking Dead, and then try to skip to a good part again. My point is that the thing you set out to 'help' everyone with still has the person doing 95% of the work. Which is fine, but don't pretend like everyone is unreasonable for asking for time stamps. It's not that uncommon for people to make them for spoiler-free listening.

If it's bothering people THAT much... maybe just skip it all together. If people want to put the timestamps, then cool, if not.. it's not their job to do so. People should know that GotY Podcasts are open season when it comes to spoilers.

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By DJJoeJoe

@OneManX said:

If it's bothering people THAT much... maybe just skip it all together. If people want to put the timestamps, then cool, if not.. it's not their job to do so. People should know that GotY Podcasts are open season when it comes to spoilers.

Not to mention the first 10mins is the entire staff saying hey we are going to spoil games, cause thats' the whole point of this thing... to talk frankly about the reasons behind their choices with all these games and where they go on lists.

There is a lot of this kinda content that is going to be blasted out this week, everyday a new podcast and set of videos! It's Giantbomb-gasm. Should take the time to finish up the games you know have things that can make you sad if you hear about them (usually it's obvious, you just don't stumble into playing Frog Fractions right?). Check out the lovely threads here by members and scan for games you are still in progress on and that should really let you listen to the podcasts that are 'safe' for you, or even be adventurous and listen to them and skip those parts nimbly as they appear (though wouldn't you forget you skipped it after all this is done and be missing out? I could see that happening and that's a shame cause these discussions about the actual games is what its's all about especially after a full year of pussy footing around the interesting parts of games just cause peeps get funky about it if you say bruce willis was a ghost the whole time.)

Nation764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nation764

This is an awesome idea, thanks for it.

FadedOasis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FadedOasis

Since everyone's asking and nobody's providing, I stole this from a google search.

40:42-54:00 is TWD. But they mention a name before hand. I don't know the time stamp. It's somewhere in the beginning.

Now I can finally listen to this.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25  Edited By granderojo

If you care about being spoiled I don't think you should listen to the bombcast. You people hold us back from it's potential.

faustyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By faustyn

Day One.

0:00:00 - 0:25:45 -> 2012's 2011 game of the year and the beginning of best moment/sequence. minor spoilers for 'Frog Fractions',

00:25:45 - 00:26:30 -> 'Mass Effect3' dlc 'From Ashes' MAJOR spoiler,

0:26:30 - 0:27:49 -> 'Binary Domain' MAJOR spoiler,

0:27:49 - 0:31:12 -> 'Fez' - minor spoiler imo because i think everyone knows by now that this game is much more than just a 2D platformer,

0:31:12 - 0:33:35 -> 'Asura's Wrath' minor spoilers. if you don't want to know just how ridiculous this game gets, skip this part,

0:33:35 - 0:34:34 -> 'Far Cry 3' no spoilers,

0:34:34 - 0:35:07 -> 'Journey' some talk about the sliding sequence. Again, nothing you need to avoid in here,

0:35:07 - 0:40:42 -> 'Spec Ops: The Line' - MAJOR spoilers,

0:40:42 - 0:50:50 -> 'The Walking Dead' MAJOR spoilers for Episode 3,

0:50:50 - 0:52:05 -> 'The Walking Dead' spoiler for Episode 4,

0:52:05 - 0:53:10 -> 'The Walking Dead' again MAJOR spoilers for Episode 3 mixed with a spoiler for Episode 4,

0:53:10 - 1:00:40 -> 'Assassin's Creed 3' MAJOR spoiler. The crew spoils the only good thing about this game so watch out,

1:00:40 - 1:07:25 -> 'Frog Fractions' MAJOR spoilers,

1:07:25 - 1:21:37 -> NOTHING,

1:21:37 - 1:22:28 -> 'Halo 4' haven't played the game, but without context it sounds like a minor thing,

1:22:28 - 1:23:38 -> NOTHING,

1:23:38 - 1:25:30 -> 'Sleeping Dogs' MAJOR spoiler,

1:25:30 - 1:28:49 -> NOTHING,

1:28:49 - 1:32:49 -> 'Mass Effect 3: From Ashes' spoilers,

1:32:49 - 1:33:18 -> 'Spec Ops: The Line' minor spoiler,

1:33:18 - 1:35:57 -> NOTHING,

1:35:57 - 1:36:01 -> 'Far Cry 3' minor spoiler,

1:36:01 - 1:43:04 -> NOTHING,

1:43:04 - 1:43:07 -> 'Asura's Wrath' spoiler,

1:43:07 - 2:03:17 -> NOTHING

i have a pretty big fever so i might have missed something/made a mistake in time stamps. cheers.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pyromagnestir

@faustyn:

Well thanks dude! I was going to go to sleep, but I'll update first.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Hunter5024

I totally thought I was prepared, and then they hit me with the Binary Domain and Sleeping Dogs spoilers and I was like FUCK. There's always one.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By TheHT

this is a great public service you lot are doing here. thanks!

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By EVO

Great thread dude. I've missed a lot of games this year so I really appreciate this.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pyromagnestir

Well, Merry Christmas guys!

This being Christmas and all, I won't be able to listen to the podcast right away, nor will I be able to update this thread right away. And as I have still yet to finish Spec Ops, I may again need help filling out the sections. Though I'm almost done Spec Ops, and after I am I'll be willing to listen to everything spoilers be damned! When that happens I'll try to keep a rough time stamp for when the discussions of each game starts. It won't be exact but it will help give a better idea of when to skip to in order to be safe.

If you early adopters of the GOTY cast would direct all "When do I skip to to be safe for Game X?" type questions, maybe bring them here as the answers will help me fill out the time stamps. Or if you could jot some stuff down and post it here that'd be great too! Maybe even just for one award or something,

You know, for the children. Think of the children.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pyromagnestir

It's up! Skip to 26:20 to get past The Walking Dead award. edit: and I've listened to everything other than The Walking Dead award and rendered my verdict. Complete with time stamps.

Salbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Salbert

@thabigred said:

If you care about being spoiled I don't think you should listen to the bombcast. You people hold us back from it's potential.

This is a really dumb thing to say. They already make it very clear they are going to spoil games and anyone who listens knows that they do. You can provide absolutely no evidence that anyone here is holding them back. A user-driven service likes this hurts absolutely nobody.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34  Edited By granderojo

@Salbert said:

@thabigred said:

This is a really dumb thing to say. They already make it very clear they are going to spoil games and anyone who listens knows that they do. You can provide absolutely no evidence that anyone here is holding them back. A user-driven service likes this hurts absolutely nobody.

The Giantbomb crew have consistently not talked about story spoilers on the podcast while a game is current to not spoil things for people. What usually happens is they don't get around to talking about the game until well after the fact or they lose interest in talking about it later. There are tons of potential enthralling discussions held back because a vocal group of assholes complain about being spoiled.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Justin258

I'm just going to say that as someone who has barely played The Walking Dead, I feel like I've spoiled way too much of it for myself. Just as a warning - don't listen to this quite yet if you plan on finishing that. I'll still play it, it just can't have the same impact on me now that I know some stuff about it going in.
Note that I'm not blaming the GB staff, just myself for being dumb enough to put off playing the game.

Carnage1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Carnage1290

Would just like to say this is great work saving me a lot of trouble. Just bought Spec Ops on the steam sale to see the story stuff, so trying to avoid their discussions about the game. Keep it up!

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wchigo

@pyromagnestir: I generally listen to these things regardless of spoilers (I will probably play ME3 at some point, despite it being spoiled for me now), so I don't mind helping out with the timestamps and whatnot. The only issue is that since I'm in China (GMT +8), the podcast gets released for me at 2am, then I have work from 9-6 and may have other obligations kick in.

I'll do my best to provide timestamps as soon as possible, but if anyone else would like to do the same feel free to beat me to it. Otherwise, I'll try to get them up as soon as I can.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cmblasko

@thabigred said:

@Salbert said:

@thabigred said:

The Giantbomb crew have consistently not talked about story spoilers on the podcast while a game is current to not spoil things for people. What usually happens is they don't get around to talking about the game until well after the fact or they lose interest in talking about it later. There are tons of potential enthralling discussions held back because a vocal group of assholes complain about being spoiled.

I can't play, let alone finish, every new release that I am interested in within a week in time for the Bombcast; that doesn't make me an asshole.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pyromagnestir

I've finished today's update and rendered my verdict of today's spoilers. If anyone feels I'm missing something feel free to let me know.

@wchigo: Any help is appreciated. I certainly will need some for the final GOTY cast, and as I'm sure there are many people who aren't listening to all the podcasts right away even a late update is beneficial to our cause.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Thanks again man. Bump for this.

Just finished it, heads up to everyone: I think Day Three has basically no spoilers besides Mass Effect 3 and even those aren't that direct.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By wchigo

@pyromagnestir: Sounds like a plan. Also, as luck would have it, the final GOTY podcast will come out on a Saturday for me, albeit still at 2am. At least I don't have work that day, so I can stay up for it or even if I don't, I should be able to have spoilers up by the end of the night for all the folks living in North America.

As well, if I'm allowed a bit of a tangent, I was surprised by (and enjoyed) how long of a discussion they had for "Biggest Surprise."

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pyromagnestir

@wchigo:

Well, don't do anything crazy just on my account! We're not on deadline after all.

And in my threads there's no such thing as a tangent. I enjoyed that discussion as well (it's nice hearing them be... enthusiastic about games in these discussions once in a while, when they're usually picking a game to pieces.), but I'm never surprised by how long a discussion is. At least not since Brad's Minerva's Den filibuster.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By wchigo

@pyromagnestir:

That's true enough. But if it helps out those in the community, it's worth it. I guess it all depends on how beat I am by the time I get off work on Friday and how occupied I'll be on Saturday... I forget if Proleague's on this weekend...

Fair enough. Yeah, Brad's like the freaking Great Wall when it comes to these things and won't budge an inch, which I was happy about when it came to Asura's Wrath for "Biggest Surprise" (I would've been happy if Sleeping Dogs had won as well). It's funny at times when they basically know the winner ahead of time and spend time talking about the other nominees and then they're all like "Okay, so *blank* wins!" kind of thing, but I guess the surprise for me here was they engaged in a pretty long discussion over what the runners-up will be even more than who the winner will be. I also enjoyed Patrick's dismissive "Okay... whatever..." kind of half-serious, half-joking, "fuck you guys" attitude when they finally went with Far Cry 3. :D

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pyromagnestir

@wchigo:

A somewhat pissy Patrick is never not funny to me.

They've seen to have done that fight over the top 3 but pick a winner right away thing a whole lot this year, haven't they? I sometimes find it to be a little anticlimactic. I want a fistfight to break out! I want Bloodsport to be reenacted! Vinny is Jean Claude Van Damme, Patrick is that little guy who ran around on all fours, Ryan is Ray, Brad is Chong Li and Jeff is the cop trying to shut the whole thing down. And Drew is the love interest reporter lady... Or something like that.

I'm mostly joking about that. Mostly.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By wchigo

@pyromagnestir:

I think that's part of what I love about the GOTY stuff. The fact that there is a majority winner, but of course not every one will be happy with the decision. It's those snide, sarcastic, "fuck you that choice sucks" comments that I love and really look forward to when it comes to these podcasts. I'm still a little sore over Saints Row the Third not picking up the top spot in last year's overall award though.

I guess it comes to that "here's your winner!" thing so often because it's often so unanimous; they all feel that strongly about something in particular so no discussion is needed. I would've mind a bit more of a bloodbath when it comes to this, but I still find it very amusing at the same time when it's like

- talk about TWD ep 4

- talk about TWD ep 2

- okay ep 3 is the winner next category is...!

It tickles my funny bone and I can't help but laugh at what a bunch of goofs these guys are. Would love the chance to meet them in real life at some point.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pyromagnestir

Today's update is complete. Although I zoned out a little in middle of the Most Disappointing category during the Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed back and forth. I may have missed something. I'll double check later. Or if you listened and heard something let me know. Sorry.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By notdavid

You people are nuts and awesome. I'm still digging into Spec Ops, and it's cool that I can still listen to the deliberation podcasts without worrying about getting it spoiled.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Probably going to skip almost all of today's, have AC III and Spec Ops still to finish.

CycloneDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CycloneDE

@pyromagnestir: Hey thanks for your work here man! Just ordered Dragon's Dogma so I would have been really bummed out if that supposedly crazy ending was spoiled for me.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By BBQBram

Hey this is just what I needed! Great incentive, props!