Better back-catalog Page.

Karwowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Karwowski

First the podcast "app" sucks, why don't you have soundcloud player or something like it?

And the back-catalog, scratch that, just catalog in general sucks. Its hard to figure out what is new and what is old, and except for the giant bombacts, nothing is dated, when it was posted?

Plus what podcast is for what? The names are confusing. Giant bombcast, Bombcast premium? What is bombcast premium? Is that a special podcast or the same one without any adds? They sound like the same thing but with different names.

So better catalog is desperately needed.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You are probably going get attacked for the language used in your post. The Giant Bomb community is very defensive and will make up excuses for pretty much anything.

I personally mostly listen to the podcasts on my phone and not on the website so it is not a big problem for me. But i agree that the audio player on the website is far from perfect and browsing trough old episodes is a hassle. The categories are indeed kind of confusing, i doubt many premium users even bother downloading the ad free versions. Would not be surprised if the staff is aware that the podcast section needs some work but i don't think it is a priority as the majority of users just listen to them on their phone.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@karwowski: Giant bombcast is the podcast (with ads) and Bombcast premium is the same podcast for premium members that has the ads taken out of them.

As far as the videos go they all have dates (and times) of when they were posted.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By whitegreyblack

The naming and organization of the site could certainly be better (any site that puts out content like GB can always improve the user experience).

However, since your post basically comes across as someone walking into Burger King for the first time and screaming "It says Whopper and then Junior Whopper, what does that mean, fix your damn menu you guys!", you'll probably not get a real great response to your post.

A couple of tips to get you going in the interim:

• If you look on the right hand side of the individual podcast pages, there is a short description of what it is.
  • If you go to Videos > Latest, you should get a list of all video content in chronological order (newest first). There is a drop-down menu there to organize things according to what type of content it is (quicklooks, trailers, et al.)

Welcome to the site, and I hope this is helpful.