Bombcast has become my downtime background sound

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By villainy

Has this happened for anyone else?  I've been a GB lurker for a little over a year now.  I've seen all of the quick looks, every episode of the ER and TANG, and listened to every Bombcast.  Now I find myself listening to a playlist of every Bombcast while I go about my daily gaming and RSS reading.  The Bombcast has so much gaming related conversation, interpersonal relation, and general comedy that there is always something new for me to hear.  Is it just me, or does anyone else find themselves listening to the crew do their thing on a daily basis?  I already know I'm crazy, but have I totally lost it?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Addfwyn

I listen to it when it comes out, and sometimes it takes me another day to finish it.  I never re-listen to one though, I have WAY too many podcasts I have to get through to ever repeat a podcast.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By kraznor

I'm in the same boat, listened to many of them several times. Listened to the latest one maybe four times already.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chuggsy

It's good background noise. I'll have podcasts playing even if I'm not directly listening sometimes.

skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By skywing

I'm afraid that you are not alone.  I spend way too much time listening to all of the gb boys' stuff.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By villainy

Does anyone have recommendations for other gaming related podcasts?  I also love A Lite Well Wasted, but that needs a lot of time between releases to create a quality product.  1UP podcasts and Rebel FM aren't bad but there is always at least one of those "ear bleeding" high pitched voices that ruins it for me.  Makes me wish Ryan could do production for more casts.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By vasta_narada

I love the Bombcast because it's great background noise. I hate being in a completely quiet place, so I always have an episode playing :D Plus, when I manage to pay attention, it's great too (this would also be why I listen to the latest 'cast 2 or 3 times at least).

ArchV1le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By ArchV1le

I almost always have it on when I'm gaming (assuming its not something story intensive). Lately I've been listening to all of the older ones again, I'm towards the end of 2008 right now :P

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie

I always have them on in the background

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Castro

I can't fall asleep in silence because my mind starts to wander and I usually get up and start pacing around. If I have something to listen to that I can concentrate on, I have a much easier time falling asleep. It's times like this that I like to listen to the Bombcast. It usually takes me about three nights before I get through one episode. The other four nights I'll listen to an older episode or another podcast if I feel compelled to.

In a related note, on Tuesday I fell asleep to the Bombcast only to be awoken with Jeff yelling, "OOOOOOHHHHHH SHIT!!!!" during the WiiWare segment. That was pretty hilarious in and of itself, but my roommates probably heard it as well which makes it doubly hilarious.

ArchV1le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchV1le

haha I love falling asleep to the bombcast but I often wake up to either the intro/outro music or the break music

ArchV1le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ArchV1le
@gakon5 said:
" @villainy said:
" Does anyone have recommendations for other gaming related podcasts?  I also love A Lite Well Wasted, but that needs a lot of time between releases to create a quality product.  1UP podcasts and Rebel FM aren't bad but there is always at least one of those "ear bleeding" high pitched voices that ruins it for me.  Makes me wish Ryan could do production for more casts. "
I feel like the "golden era" of 1UP podcasts, when you got 1UP Yours, GFW Radio, Retronauts, Legendary Thread, etc. every week, has gone as of the end of 2008 or something. "
this
LeonsHell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By LeonsHell

In university/college I have one to four hour downtimes between lectures and other classes so I go into the silent room in the library and just listen to either entire Bombcasts or parts of them and I have some favorites  that I listen to a few time through. I do enjoy how the team does the Quick Looks and Bombcast, they feel more genuine than other game sites with their weekly news or previews to games.
thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By thebatmobile

Sometime when I'm doing the dishes or cleaning, I'll download a random episode on my iphone and listen to it. Every one is awesome.

Camad727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Camad727

I like to listen to the bombcast when I am cooking, just dowloaded the new episode and I am away to make a delicious ham, cheese, onion, aND SALAME ommelete. 

Yeah I also listen to the podcasts with content about the games I am highly anticipating multiple times, your not alone.