Bombcasting across the country!

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By FrankWeidner

So today was the first day of my three day drive from Sheboygan, Wisconsin (I promise you that's a real town, not just some syllables I picked at random) to my new home in L.A. I am making this trip completely by myself. I loaded up my MP3 player with podcasts and music and even an audiobook. I had all intentions of having as much variety in my listening experience as possible, in order to keep myself sane and make my 2100 mile trip... not fun, but at least not incredibly tedious. 

However, I have quickly discovered that this entire trip might belong to the Bombcast. I drove for 14 hours today, and I started with the very first Bombcast and I'm going sequentially. It's become sort of a weird meta-story, as I travel farther and see more of America, Giant Bomb grows and adds more features. A few hours ago, the Bombcast had a "special guest" who happened to be Brad Shoemaker.  

So, the one thing I'm wondering is, who else has gone on insane Bombcast marathons? Can anyone beat my 2100 miles of Bombcast? Will I cave in and listen to (gasp!) something else?  

Shit, that's three things.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FrankWeidner

So today was the first day of my three day drive from Sheboygan, Wisconsin (I promise you that's a real town, not just some syllables I picked at random) to my new home in L.A. I am making this trip completely by myself. I loaded up my MP3 player with podcasts and music and even an audiobook. I had all intentions of having as much variety in my listening experience as possible, in order to keep myself sane and make my 2100 mile trip... not fun, but at least not incredibly tedious. 

However, I have quickly discovered that this entire trip might belong to the Bombcast. I drove for 14 hours today, and I started with the very first Bombcast and I'm going sequentially. It's become sort of a weird meta-story, as I travel farther and see more of America, Giant Bomb grows and adds more features. A few hours ago, the Bombcast had a "special guest" who happened to be Brad Shoemaker.  

So, the one thing I'm wondering is, who else has gone on insane Bombcast marathons? Can anyone beat my 2100 miles of Bombcast? Will I cave in and listen to (gasp!) something else?  

Shit, that's three things.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By BunkerBuster

Godspeed Sir. Your self-inflicted bombcast fueled pilgrimage will either ruin you or give you the best life lesson you could get. I look forward to hearing about you on the nightly news after the rampage.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous
@GilbertMordinAndSullivan said: 

"  Sheboygan, Wisconsin (I promise you that's a real town, not just some syllables I picked at random) "

Prove it.

Last semester I spent a few weekends just listening to the Bombcast, 3-4 episode marathons in a row. Nothing as extreme as you, though.
C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By C2C

I like putting the Bombcast up for the 2 hour drive to my parent's house, But I haven't had the opportunity to test bombcasts on a really long trip like you have.  Sounds fun.

FrankWeidner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FrankWeidner
@ajamafalous said:

" @GilbertMordinAndSullivan said: 

"  Sheboygan, Wisconsin (I promise you that's a real town, not just some syllables I picked at random) "

Prove it.   
http://www.sheboyganpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20108050361  

BAM! Proven with picture of me in a bra. I'm the one in the middle. Come on, you know you want to click it. 
sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By sawfish22
@GilbertMordinAndSullivan:   
Hello fellow Wisconsinite!  Too bad I don't care for Wisconsin too much though.  It's lame here!  I wish I was in your shoes...I'd love to live in Cali.