Can You Search For Specific Games Covered?

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By EthanielRain

Been going through my backlog of games, would really like to listen to bombcasts covering these games (currently Singularity)...is there a way to search the bombcasts for a specific game? They usually list out the major topics of their discussion, so I thought there would be, but I'm just not seeing it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Cloudenvy

I would really like a better, faster way to search through Bombcasts in general.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Toxeia

Best you can do is search on Google and hope it's in the description, like "Dave sits in while Brad recovers from a non-fish-can-related food injury and we do some competition-grade jaw-jacking about Singularity, Puzzle Agent, EVO 2010, Internet awfulness, vinyl collectors in space, pre-LC, the laziness of zombies, and more!" for 7-13-2010 http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=169

This is from the week before that one, http://www.giantbomb.com/podcast/?podcast_id=168

Edit: Actually, the real best is to look at the release date and then check all the pod casts within 4 weeks of that release date.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It would be a great community project to catalog them properly. They should throw wiki points or something behind it.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EthanielRain

@Toxeia said:

Edit: Actually, the real best is to look at the release date and then check all the pod casts within 4 weeks of that release date.

This is how I found it (before refreshing to see your post, which I do appreciate:). It just seems odd to me that they don't add search tags to the major topics that they put in the description (I don't know much about this stuff, but you know what I mean). It would be great to be able to type in, say, "Darksiders" and have the bombcast covering that pop up as well as the usual results.

@Brodehouse said:

It would be a great community project to catalog them properly. They should throw wiki points or something behind it.

Agreed. I was genuinely surprised that it wasn't already done, and felt like I was just missing something.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

Right now, searching by date is pretty much the only way to do it. You could try Google searching "bombcast darksiders" or whatever, but even with these two methods you might miss some discussion on the games. Patrick didn't play Darksiders until earlier this year and discussed it for half of a podcast.