Console Collecting

dunnihdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dunnihdd

Anyone else collecting old consoles to display in their office/game room?  

I've recently started after watching one of the old GiantBomb videos with a developer whose office seemed to have them all including hand helds. Currently I have Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, PSOne, Nintendo 64, PS2. I'm watching ebay to fill the gaps Atari 5200, Colleco Vision, Turbo Grafx, Neo-Geo, original Xbox etc. My rules are I only want the original console design and colors (no ps2  slim etc) and I'm only focusing on the home consoles. Eventually I get to the handhelds.  I also plan to put all the controllers in some kind of case I can put on the wall to show the controller's evolution kinda like the one listed here:    http://www.axess.com/twilight/console/

What does everyone else have in their collection? Where do you display them? Any glaring omissions from my list? Where do you get your consoles from aside from already having them/eBay?

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve
nealbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nealbird

I have a virtual boy and need to fix it up.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By psylah

I have always wanted a GB Micro, but they are still about 50 bucks on amazon. The GB Pocket, which I never had (went straight to Color), is dirt cheap on there.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By MikkaQ

I have fun collecting them, but then they usually end up in a box after a while, until I get a new game for them or something. I wanna get a saturn though.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mosespippy

I was in a bar last year for a concert and there was a guy there playing sonic on a game gear. It was the first time I'd ever seen a game gear or played a sonic game. I then convinced him to get Deadly Premonition. And the year before that I was in an economics class and a dude was playing a game boy color. I had no idea these old handhelds still had an audience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've manage to keep all my consoles I'm only missing NES, SNES & Saturn so so tempted to buy them from ebay.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Sooty

I only have my Dreamcast since I have fond memories of the thing and wanted to replay the Shenmue games, not going to buy anymore older consoles though, just haven't got the space and know I'll never do anything with them.