Crowns of Power

Rile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Rile

I've been impressed with the quality of free games that are available lately on the internet.  There are a lot of indie developers that have released products that are free to play, don't require a credit card information or anything and are full, 3d graphical games that provide countless hours of entertainment.  There is one in particular that I've started playing with some friends that I find quite intriguing and a must try for being a free game.  I decided I'd write up a review to describe my experience with the game.

Crowns of Power is a great MMORPG with an awesome storyline.  The game is filled with an abundant number of quests to keep any RPG fan busy and away from the standard grinding to level that a lot of games seem to insist on.  The interface is simple enough that any new player can quickly grasp how to communicate between their keyboard and the character they have created to move smoothly through this virtual world of role-playing excitement.  The balance between levels of characters and requirements of equipment was done well.  Anyone that has played some of the pay-to-play MMORPG I feel would be surprised to find that this game challenges those games for use my time and in some cases, surpasses some of them in graphics and storyline.   The attribute point system is your standard RPG setup, Melee characters concentrate on Agility, Stamina, and Strength and your Casters concentrate on Intelligence, Mysticism, and Stamina. They did a good job on the structure of the game.

This game has taken on a unique role in allowing the community to participate in the development and governing of the community.  It is an awesome idea that needs a few tweaks worked out.  Characters in Crowns of Power can choose whether or not they want to join a guild.  Being in a guild has a lot more pros than cons, provided you join a good guild.  The pros to being in a guild means you have other characters willing to help you along with quests, equipment, basic knowledge of the game, and a friendly environment in your guild chat.  One con of being in a guild is that once you reach level 20, you’re considered a target to a lot of the higher level characters.  The non-NPC characters that attack or kill you are known as Outlaws and Murderers respectively.  The innocent people that are murdered get a lower death penalty than the outlaws or murderers.  As was said above the structure of the game community is awesome with a few tweaks that need to be worked out that will be mentioned in the last paragraph.

Crowns of Power is constantly being updated to work out the bugs that players may encounter during their game play.  There are online administrators that can be attained by simply going to world chat and asking for an administrator.  The update process is simple as it is done as you open the game to log-in to your account and click on update.  Obviously like any game, there are some bugs in the game that need to be worked out, but the developers seem to keep up with them.

Unfortunately this game, by design, has the human factor.  High level characters in the game who feel it's their purpose in life to constantly harass lower level players can really get to you, but the community as a whole is usually good at keeping this under control.  With death in PvP, you can lose your gold and reagents that are used for casting spells, among other things.  The loss of gold is the fault of whoever failed to visit the bank, but the reagents are needed to cast spells that are necessary to progress in the game.  These reagents are relatively expensive and are often times the target of higher level players who can sometimes be found waiting outside the town walls for players to exit so they can murder them and steal their loot.  Solutions to this could be that they can loot gold only or that maybe murderers themselves can be hunted down by "Bounty Hunters" to defer future mistreatment of their fellow citizens.  This hardcore style of game play could scare away would be avid fans due to this game mechanic.

Rile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rile

I've been impressed with the quality of free games that are available lately on the internet.  There are a lot of indie developers that have released products that are free to play, don't require a credit card information or anything and are full, 3d graphical games that provide countless hours of entertainment.  There is one in particular that I've started playing with some friends that I find quite intriguing and a must try for being a free game.  I decided I'd write up a review to describe my experience with the game.

Crowns of Power is a great MMORPG with an awesome storyline.  The game is filled with an abundant number of quests to keep any RPG fan busy and away from the standard grinding to level that a lot of games seem to insist on.  The interface is simple enough that any new player can quickly grasp how to communicate between their keyboard and the character they have created to move smoothly through this virtual world of role-playing excitement.  The balance between levels of characters and requirements of equipment was done well.  Anyone that has played some of the pay-to-play MMORPG I feel would be surprised to find that this game challenges those games for use my time and in some cases, surpasses some of them in graphics and storyline.   The attribute point system is your standard RPG setup, Melee characters concentrate on Agility, Stamina, and Strength and your Casters concentrate on Intelligence, Mysticism, and Stamina. They did a good job on the structure of the game.

This game has taken on a unique role in allowing the community to participate in the development and governing of the community.  It is an awesome idea that needs a few tweaks worked out.  Characters in Crowns of Power can choose whether or not they want to join a guild.  Being in a guild has a lot more pros than cons, provided you join a good guild.  The pros to being in a guild means you have other characters willing to help you along with quests, equipment, basic knowledge of the game, and a friendly environment in your guild chat.  One con of being in a guild is that once you reach level 20, you’re considered a target to a lot of the higher level characters.  The non-NPC characters that attack or kill you are known as Outlaws and Murderers respectively.  The innocent people that are murdered get a lower death penalty than the outlaws or murderers.  As was said above the structure of the game community is awesome with a few tweaks that need to be worked out that will be mentioned in the last paragraph.

Crowns of Power is constantly being updated to work out the bugs that players may encounter during their game play.  There are online administrators that can be attained by simply going to world chat and asking for an administrator.  The update process is simple as it is done as you open the game to log-in to your account and click on update.  Obviously like any game, there are some bugs in the game that need to be worked out, but the developers seem to keep up with them.

Unfortunately this game, by design, has the human factor.  High level characters in the game who feel it's their purpose in life to constantly harass lower level players can really get to you, but the community as a whole is usually good at keeping this under control.  With death in PvP, you can lose your gold and reagents that are used for casting spells, among other things.  The loss of gold is the fault of whoever failed to visit the bank, but the reagents are needed to cast spells that are necessary to progress in the game.  These reagents are relatively expensive and are often times the target of higher level players who can sometimes be found waiting outside the town walls for players to exit so they can murder them and steal their loot.  Solutions to this could be that they can loot gold only or that maybe murderers themselves can be hunted down by "Bounty Hunters" to defer future mistreatment of their fellow citizens.  This hardcore style of game play could scare away would be avid fans due to this game mechanic.