• 60 results
Bov11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Bov11

Please for the sake of the bombcast, go subscrible right now. we're more than halfway to that  magic 5,000 sub number. Think of what a huge victory it would be for the community if we freed the bombcast from cost forever. Even if you don't care about720p and all that, subscribe for a month and then unsubscribe when it runs out. That's $5 you put towards keeping the bombcast free. 2,000 people. that's all we need. 

make that 1,100 people. that's it! 1,100 people!
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

No Paypal, no pay.  I'd love to help, but I can't.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Heartagram

There have been many threads about this.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

I wish I could do more but sadly my year sub only counts as one :( If I was rich I'm make tons of fake monthly accounts. 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By luce

I think it's a lost cause now...

If it gets to 4000, i'll subscribe (i think i have $5 in my account)

God this feels dirty

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ravensword

Can someone exaplin to me why a ad free thing was neccessary when we see next to no adds on the site? was that just a premptive thing because thyere going to ad the hell out of us now?
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whitesox

Is there a counter somewhere?

Also, as I have said in other threads, I absolutely refuse to support this fee, and will not be sending any money Whiskey's way until all content currently on the site remains unchanged for regular users.  There are plenty of podcasts out there.  I've lost a lot of respect for these guys.

Bov11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bov11

"I only regret that I have but one subscription to pay for my bombcast."     

at least the fact that they put this up means it's bothering them, and they're considering not doing it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I fully support this thread. I originally was planning on going for the annual subscription, but then I heard about them splitting up the Bombcast and holding it for ransom and I changed my mind real fucking quick.  

I think it's low as fuck how they're handling this Bombcast thing, but I can find it in my heart to shell out five measly bucks for all the entertainment they've given me the past. And I think a lot of you can too.

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whitesox
@Bov11 said:
"  "I only regret that I have but one subscription to pay for my bombcast."      at least the fact that they put this up means it's bothering them, and they're considering not doing it. "
Really? I see it as them trying to wring more cash out of it. If it bothered them that much, they wouldn't do it in the first place.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By crusader8463
@Raven_Sword said:
" Can someone exaplin to me why a ad free thing was neccessary when we see next to no adds on the site? was that just a premptive thing because thyere going to ad the hell out of us now? "
Ya. They are working on ways to plaster the site with ads, but up until now they have ran ad free to try and entice a user base to become addicted to the site before they throw it all on us. I knew it was coming, and I had always trusted them to do it right when the time finally came, but after this shit I'm keeping my finger primed on the adblocker button.

@whitesox said:
" Is there a counter somewhere?  Also, as I have said in other threads, I absolutely refuse to support this fee, and will not be sending any money Whiskey's way until all content currently on the site remains unchanged for regular users.  There are plenty of podcasts out there.  I've lost a lot of respect for these guys. "

There is a whiskey media twitter account that is being updated. Last I check it was 3000. HERE. That seems to be the most official thread about the topic going at the moment.
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By whitesox
@crusader8463 said:
@whitesox said:
" Is there a counter somewhere?  Also, as I have said in other threads, I absolutely refuse to support this fee, and will not be sending any money Whiskey's way until all content currently on the site remains unchanged for regular users.  There are plenty of podcasts out there.  I've lost a lot of respect for these guys. "

There is a whiskey media twitter account that is being updated. Last I check it was 3000. HERE. That seems to be the most official thread about the topic going at the moment. "
Wow, I thought we would get it easily.  I suppose we still will, plenty of time.  Not really worried, no skin off of my back if they don't reach their pledge count, since I will not be supporting this site anymore if they don't.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Dude. It's not like they HAVE to get 5k subs to not fuck up the bombcast. 

You all are treating it like it's inevitable or something! It's just a ploy so you will subscribe to them.

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By whitesox
@TheMustacheHero said:
" Dude. It's not like they HAVE to get 5k subs to not fuck up the bombcast.   You all are treating it like it's inevitable or something! It's just a ploy so you will subscribe to them. "
No doubt this is a ploy to get people to subscribe, whether or not they will fudge the number, or even tell us when we hit it, remains to be seen.
BOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By BOOM

Whiskey Media's Twitter feed just reported 3.9k subscribers.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I will support your noble cause my brother.

Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@luce said:
" I think it's a lost cause now...  If it gets to 4000, i'll subscribe (i think i have $5 in my account)  God this feels dirty "
Closing in on that number as of 10 minutes ago

A promise is a promise.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#18  Edited By ArbitraryWater

God damnit. I did it. I subscribed for a month to make the bombcast free for everyone.

PlatinumIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PlatinumIce

I just dropped the $5, solely for the Bombcast (although I will thoroughly enjoy the live shows for the next four fridays...Will there be one tomorrow?).

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By whitesox

You people are better men than I.  For that, you have my thanks.

I hope they see this and feel guilty as shit about how they held the bombcast hostage, but they are probably too busy enjoying the money.

Davey_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Davey_C

They are basically holding our compassion against us. If we don't pay, the people who can't afford it get shafted.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#22  Edited By LordAndrew

Well yeah, they want subscribers. They do need that money. If 5000 people subscribe, then they're not in such a bad situation. Whatever advantage splitting the podcast was supposed to give them, it won't matter so much any more. So they can afford to let us have it for free.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By trophyhunter

Only on a count of villainy 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ravensword
@LordAndrew:

But then it comes across as something like "Ok, were going to lie about splitting this boombcast thing up to get subscribers, then if we get the 5,000 well be like "Oh well, guess you guys win. thanks for the support yall!" " and the whole thing was a big dupe. 
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ape_dosmil
@TheMustacheHero said:

" Dude. It's not like they HAVE to get 5k subs to not fuck up the bombcast.   You all are treating it like it's inevitable or something! It's just a ploy so you will subscribe to them. "

This. They said they wouldn't cripple the existing experience for non-subscribers, instead only providing new features for subscribers. I'm fine with that. I'm not going to pay $5 in order that they keep their word.
Davey_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Davey_C
@ape_dosmil said:
"This. They said they wouldn't cripple the existing experience for non-subscribers, instead only providing new features for subscribers. I'm fine with that. I'm not going to pay $5 in order for them to keep their word. "
Agreed
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By ch13696
@ape_dosmil said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
This. They said they wouldn't cripple the existing experience for non-subscribers, instead only providing new features for subscribers. I'm fine with that. I'm not going to pay $5 in order for them to keep their word. "
It's all good. One of us will just have to be good friends with a subscriber so that way we can talk him into putting it on Pirate Bay.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Coombs

Yeah it sucks, 
But seriously non paying members are still getting 2 hours of bombcast a week, And your not paying for it. 

whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By whitesox
@ape_dosmil said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

This. They said they wouldn't cripple the existing experience for non-subscribers, instead only providing new features for subscribers. I'm fine with that. I'm not going to pay $5 in order that they keep their word. "
They ARE crippling the experience.  Only being allowed half of the bombcast is about as close as you can get to crippling the experience without removing the whole damn thing.
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ape_dosmil
@whitesox said:
" @ape_dosmil said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

This. They said they wouldn't cripple the existing experience for non-subscribers, instead only providing new features for subscribers. I'm fine with that. I'm not going to pay $5 in order that they keep their word. "
They ARE crippling the experience.  Only being allowed half of the bombcast is about as close as you can get to crippling the experience without removing the whole damn thing. "
That's what I was saying. Read my post again.
whitesox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By whitesox
@ape_dosmil said:
" @whitesox said:
" @ape_dosmil said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

They ARE crippling the experience.  Only being allowed half of the bombcast is about as close as you can get to crippling the experience without removing the whole damn thing. "
That's what I was saying. Read my post again. "
*facepalm*

Sorry, been debating this issue constantly, starting to lose my mind apparently.

Oh well, I guess it's time for bed, and I suppose I shall just hope that we hit the cap.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ch13696

Does anyone know how this split bombcast will work out on the first week? I still can't add it up because if we get 1 hour on the first week and the second hour the next week then wouldn't that mean we're still getting 2 hours a week? But for some reason WM makes it sound like we're only getting 1 hour a week. I'm sooooooooo lost.

nickyvegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nickyvegas

Well I did it.  I can't help but at least give five bucks.  I am always stealing PBS without donating so this will make up for that right?
Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By Sooty

It's ruining it for not just non-subscribers but also subscribers too, they shouldn't fuck with the format. It won't be a good result for anybody.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pudge

I hate what they're doing to the bombcast too. I dropped a fiver to make it free for everyone, but this has soured me on ever resubscribing in the future even if they add worthwhile content behind the paypall. It just sucks honestly.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ape_dosmil
@whitesox: That's cool. On reading my comment back I guess it wasn't actually as clear as I thought.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gregomasta
@whitesox: I agree with you man, its underhanded.  Unfortunately its a business and businessmen are behind this proposistion.  I like to rationalize it by saying its a two hour podcast, where else can I get it.  Though this does piss me off.
MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MethodMan008

I just subscribed...  Only Giantbomb stuff I consume is the bombcast and quicklooks....  This is the best video gaming sight by far (love joystiq, but most of the staff is nameless to me)..  I spend a lot of time each week with Ryan, Jeff, Vinny, Brad, Dave, and Drew...  And I really see them as my friends.  Sad I know, but whatever.  Glad to give GB my money...  Hopefully I will start to use the forums and maybe even check out some other Whiskey Media Sites...  I love Norm and Will but I'm not a PC gamer for the most part other than STALKER and KOTOR...  And I love super heros...  but don't read comics at all, so maybe I will check out comicvine.

priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By priorityseven
@whitesox said:
I know.  The nerve of anyone trying to make some money off of the time and effort they spend bringing you the highest quality entertainment around.  How dare they try to improve things, bring better features and maintain the standards of excellent games journalism you've grown to be entitled to.  Solidarity, bro.
rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I'm honestly rather surprised by how people are reacting to this thing, I mean really you frequent a site for a while and they never asked for any kind of donations. They actually refused donations because it didn't feel right for to have their members give them money and not get something substantial back. How many bombcasts have you guys listened to and absolutely enjoyed, what about the quick looks, the video reviews, TANG, or the endurance runs? They now come out and tell us they have been trying to figure out a good way to let people basically donate to them and to get something they feel is a good exchange for that donation. Oh no, we can't have that can we? How dare these guys who have given so much content out for free make a way for people to donate to them and get something nice in return. 

What are we going to go and complain about next guys? I know why don't we head over to Rooster Teeth and insult and boycott their sponsor program those fascists and wanting to support themselves and their families.

Thayne24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thayne24

does a monthly subscription count towards the 5k? i leave in 2 months for a 2 year trip so monthly is all i can do

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Leptok

I done did it.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By k9
@Runyan said:
" I remembered when GFW radio was disassembled because their jobs were unstable and they all left. I'll throw some bones because that's what'll happen to the Bombcast. People hitting their thirties will do some stupid shit for stability. "
GFW was an amazing podcast. Shawn Elliot had some great stories about his weekly shenanigans and heroes of the web segment. One of his best stories on heroes of the web: sexual fetishes about sonic.
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By WickedCestus

I can't make it by 10am! I wish I could, but I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow evening at the least, just after the deadline. 

I'm sorry, everyone. 

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thayne24:  Yes it does, go now!
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@supermike6: No need to be sorry, it's not your fault.
The_Painted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Painted

As uncomfortable as I am about the whole Bombcast situation, I still want to get a monthly subscription to help out. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no money on my credit card and therefore don't have any way to pay until at least Monday...

tahnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tahnit

Did we hit the mark yet?

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mcfart

I did it. Don't want the bombcast to be reformatted, and I can download videos to put on my DS as well.