GiantBomb's Top 10 Games using cold, heartless math.

RocketHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So after listing to the 5 days of podcasts, culminating with the last podcast featuring the long debate over game of the year, I thought to myself "What if you just took all of their individual top 10 lists and added them together?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZxgPm2i1OlpUAAC8pe-KOBEwv7vP-xvRTIXNav_DIjA/edit#gid=0

So I did that, simply assigning each game an inverse point value to their rank, (so your 10th ranked game is worth 1 point, your 7th ranked game is worth 3 points, your favorite game is worth 10 points.)

The answer is pretty interesting.

List based on podcast:

• 1.) Shadows of Mordor.
  • 2.) Bayonetta 2
  • 3.) Far Cry 4
  • 4.) Call of Duty
  • 5.) Hearthstone
  • 6.) South Park
  • 7.) Jazzpunk
  • 8.) Shovel Knight
  • 9.) Mario Kart 8
  • 10.) Destiny

List based on all their individual lists combined:

• 1.)Shadows of Mordor- with 47 total points and 7 mentions (out of 7 lists.)
  • 2.)Bayonetta 2- with 32 points and 4 mentions
  • 3.)South Park: Stick of Truth- with 24 points and 4 mentions. (Tied with Far Cry 4.)
  • 4.)Far Cry 4- with 24 points and 3 mentions. (Tied with South Park.)
  • 5.)JazzPunk- with 18 points and 3 mentions.
  • 6.)HearthStone- with 13 points and 2 mentions.
  • 7.)Shovel Knight- with 12 points and 4 mentions.
  • 8.)Mario Kart 8- 12 points and 2 mentions. (Tied with Destiny)
  • 9.)Destiny- with 12 points and 2 mentions. (Tied with Destiny)
  • 10.)Wolfenstien- with 11 points and 2 mentions.

Interesting Tid-Bits.

- Jeff pretty much single handledly not only got CoD on the list, but got it reaaaaal high on the list, as he's the only person to have it in top 10.

- Shovel Knight is top 4 in mentions, but tied in points with Mario Kart 8 and Destiny.

- Luftrasuers, Sunset Overdrive, Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, and Alien: Isolation all get 2 mentions but don't make the top 10.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By development

Very interesting. I think that shows that they just trust Jeff when he says CoD is a great game.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Other than the disappearance of Wolfenstein (which was at the 10th spot and thus the easiest game to knock off) and the addition of CoD, the top 10 list that GB constructed is surprisingly accurate to their "mathematical" list. The top two games (Shadow of Mordor and Bayonetta 2) are on the dot while Far Cry 4, Hearthstone, Shovel Knight, Mario Kart 8, and Destiny are just one position off.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of odd that people whine about Brad getting Destiny on the list when Jeff got Call of Duty #4 with him being the only one that had it on their top 10.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

@excast: Destiny was disliked by most of the GB squad whereas Jeff not only loved COD, but many others stated that they too liked it (just not enough to put it on their lists).

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There's been a few threads already doing this.