I want ot adress the GB community on this (about Leigh)

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, im pretty much kinda copying and pasting what I said in the comment section for the Live stream, but this is something I really wanna press on the community.  

Can we please stop with all these Leigh Alexander bashing threads? I mean, what are we? 10?  

I  am sure Liegh Alexander is a very nice person in real life. Im sure shes a good person and im sure shes a good journalist that knows what shes doing.  

But I also think she can learn to not cut people off, not be really abrasive, not talk over people, to wait her turn in a conversation, and to try and keep the discussion on some kind of track.  

If she can do that, then Im sure we can welcome her back with open arms. It seems like the crew likes her, and maybe we can learn to like her also.

(Note: that was edited from my original post in the comments so it makes sense for this topic)  

Im willing to give her a third chance. So come E3 2011, if she is on again, I think we should maybe give her ONE last chance and see if she can do the things I suggested.  If she cant, then maybe its best shes not on that often.

And  honestly, this kinda hate shit I expect from Neogaf, not GB.   

anyway, i said my peace.
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Good job creating another thread about the topic.  Pretty stupid thing to do if you want the threads to stop. 

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By mazik765

So if she comes back next year, gives another awkward apology, and then continues to act like an ass...can we bash her then?

Bogitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bogitt

aww i think someone has a crush on  Leigh Alexander! jk i have no idea who this person is so what did she do wrong the first 2 times?

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Can't we all get along!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

give her one more chance...like a beaten wife right?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ravensword
@MAN_FLANNEL:

All i did was try to quell this madness.
Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hannibal

I think the bashing is one thing, but the sex-based bashing just shows immaturity. She responded in kind with feminist stuff, but it's hard to blame someone who's drunk and being hit by sex-based insults constantly for considering the attacks representative. 

To those who are attacking her personally: get some fuckin perspective.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

No, she doesn't deserve another shot. Ever.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
@Bogitt:

Well, she was just really abrasive and interrupted alot. She also got things off track to the point where Ryan had to point it out. I doubt she meant any harm in it.  

Also, lol, I dont have a crush on her, I jsut hate when people act like jackass's.
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By beargirl1
@Atomasist said:
" Can't we all get along! "

No Caption Provided
Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mariek430
@AjayRaz said:
" @Atomasist said:

No Caption Provided
"
I came in late before the gang sign started, i feel left out.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword
@Hannibal:

Agreed. This is mainly based on those kind of remarks. If you want to comment on her edicet on the show, then fine, you dont need to make a thread on it. But when you start crossing teh line with your remarks, then it becomes a issue I think.
priorityseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By priorityseven
@AjayRaz said:
" @Atomasist said:

No Caption Provided
"
If this doesn't bring people together, then fuck it, I don't know what will.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@Hannibal said:
" I think the bashing is one thing, but the sex-based bashing just shows immaturity. She responded in kind with feminist stuff, but it's hard to blame someone who's drunk and being hit by sex-based insults constantly for considering the attacks representative.  To those who are attacking her personally: get some fuckin perspective. "
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ravensword
@AjayRaz:

Reminds me of the Diamond Dallas Page diamond sign from WCW.
ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By ez123

COOL STORY BRAH!!!!!! FUCK BOSTON!

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Skytylz

There is a great bashing thread on Neogaf!  This things gone viral!

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gike987
@Hannibal said:
" I think the bashing is one thing, but the sex-based bashing just shows immaturity. She responded in kind with feminist stuff, but it's hard to blame someone who's drunk and being hit by sex-based insults constantly for considering the attacks representative.  To those who are attacking her personally: get some fuckin perspective. "
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By jNerd

Real life isn't the internets. /end 
EDIT: Sucks to fail 2 years in a row 

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ravensword
@Hannibal:

Real quick, what exactly does it mean when someone tells you to get some perspective? Ive heard it many times before in different things, but never understood its real meaning.
jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By jNerd

Atleast she apologized...
Atleast she apologized...

....I made this last year

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By davidwitten22

This. 775 million times this. 

Actually no this is a stupid idea.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ravensword

sigh, so this didnt get to any of you? And here I thought I was trying to enstill some maturity.
gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gike987
@jNerd said:
" Real life isn't the internets. /end "
If you think that means you can insult people because of that you have problems. Real people are using the internet and you should behave as such.
mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mazik765
@Raven_Sword said:
" @Bogitt: Well, she was just really abrasive and interrupted alot. She also got things off track to the point where Ryan had to point it out. I doubt she meant any harm in it.   Also, lol, I dont have a crush on her, I jsut hate when people act like jackass's. "
I doubt anyone who is a jackass in the manner she was means to be a jackass, she just can't help but be a jackass by nature. If it had just happened last year and that was that, I would've written it off as a bad day at a busy E3. 2 years in a row being a rude jackass? I think that's her true nature coming out.
l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By l4wd0g

this is the internet. No ever escapes a good bashing. We're all anonymous fuckheads, and if we disagree we say nasty rotten things about each other over the most trivial stuff. Get over it.

icyroy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By icyroy05

Honestly, this whole thing was fun for a while, but it kinda needs to start calming down now.

I'm gonna probably be mocked for this, but I hope she doesn't do anything too rash.

Drunk woman + thousands of people making fun of her on the internet + possibly her being alone in front of PC during all this = Hopefully just tears, and nothing permanent.

I'm really not trying to white knight.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By davidwitten22
@Raven_Sword said:
" sigh, so this didnt get to any of you? And here I thought I was trying to enstill some maturity. "
Um what? Did you really post this thinking people would read it and say "By Joe he's right! I have been an asshole! I apologize to this drunken lunatic who ruined my bombcast! Thank you Raven_Sword, you have saved me! 

Because if so that was a mistake. "Haters gonna hate". And, according to this fine young lady, they should continue hating to make her famous. So isn't this really a good thing?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#30  Edited By Yummylee
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Good job creating another thread about the topic.  Pretty stupid thing to do if you want the threads to stop.  "
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ravensword
@icyroy05:

Agreed. That is my absolute worse fear that could stem from this.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ravensword
@davidwitten22:

...... your a angry little man arent you? You really think I think that highly of myself? please, get over yourself. All I was trying to do was have people deviate from this madness. Its called not being a freakin child and insulting the woman personaly. Its not that I think im this high and mighty shame on you savior, im just trying to have some good sense.   

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#33  Edited By Symphony
@Raven_Sword said:
" sigh, so this didnt get to any of you? And here I thought I was trying to enstill some maturity. "
Attempting to instill maturity on the internets was your first mistake. Creating another pointless thread about this was your second. Your third mistake was your spelling. Your fourth mistake will be your response to this message. ;P
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By ch13696

Ok . so first of all, the internet is like a reverse on life. If you have nothing mean to say then don't say anything at all. Second, I think you're only writing this just so you can get her attention. Anyone who says anything nice about her is pretty much doing the same thing.

gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@icyroy05: Lol really man? I don't think anyone would take what a bunch of mostly bratty little kids said on the internet to heart. She probably finds it all pretty amusing that she was able to piss so many people off.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Don't tell us to stop, who the fuck are you? If we see something or watch something on GB, we can comment exactly how we want.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ravensword
@Symphony:

First, my spelling has nothing to do with what I was trying to do with this thread (which really was to just try to reach out to the community to be a little mature) so commenting on it is rather pointless. and Secondly, I really think you missunderstood why I even made this thread. Its not pointless, its to ask people to please stop acting like they are right now because I know that we should be above doing that . and in any case, its certainly not as pointless as the bashing threads going around here, and thats assuming that I think thought this thread was pointless. So really, what is you problem with this thread? That im trying to tell people their acitng like jackass's? Dont you have something better to flame then a thread asking people to act a little mature?  

icyroy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By icyroy05
@gunslingerNZ:
Drunk women getting laughed at in mass quantity creates a super unpredictable scenario.

Do I really think she will do anything other than cry at most? No. But drunk womenz don't always think straight, especially after a hectic week.
Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Impossibilium
@AjayRaz said:
" @Atomasist said:

No Caption Provided
"

Nothing is more authentic than that.

<>
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ravensword
@icyroy05:

I think your thinking of a unrealistic thing though. For Example, Apparently everyone in this thread thinks im a Self Righteous jack ass, and you dont see me thinking of doing drastic things to myself. Of course, im not drunk nor a women, but I do have self esteem issues and Moderate Depression.
DaveC524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DaveC524

i suspect that there will be 775 million posts ITT

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gike987
@Raven_Sword: I think this community just showed how "mature" they really are.
Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Supermarius
@icyroy05 said:
" Honestly, this whole thing was fun for a while, but it kinda needs to start calming down now.  I'm gonna probably be mocked for this, but I hope she doesn't do anything too rash.  Drunk woman + thousands of people making fun of her on the internet + possibly her being alone in front of PC during all this = Hopefully just tears, and nothing permanent.  I'm really not trying to white knight. "
ironically, its sexist of you to suggest this.
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By davidwitten22

Woah woah woah Raven_sword. That Fuck you thing was unneccessary. I wasn't rude to you or anything, just making a point. I thought it was nice how you were trying to make a point, but it's just a moot point. It's not going to solve anything. The forum is dripping with the blood of leigh alexander or whatever. one guy saying "hey guys seriously stop" isn't going to make the guys stop. seriously. i was just informing you of that. 

You see,   Look Giantbomb is a bus, yes you can complain about it but you have no right to dictate where the bus goes. The bus has a route, you go out of your way to catch the bus and if you don't like that fact you get over it. " 

I will always love that line. Thanks giantbomb! High road= me?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ravensword
@gike987:

Well, I guess I can see where there coming from. If were talking about comments in my thread about the actual topic, then I can see how my thread could come across as "Shame on you" and whatnot, but it wasnt intended taht way. It just made me real mad to see all these personal remarks against the women. i didnt have a problem so much with the legit criticisms like how she interrupted people and all that.  

Anyway, I still would like to think were more mature then teh average game forum. I hope im right atleast.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Coombs
@davidwitten22 said:

" Woah woah woah Raven_sword. That Fuck you thing was unneccessary. I wasn't rude to you or anything, just making a point. I thought it was nice how you were trying to make a point, but it's just a moot point. It's not going to solve anything. The forum is dripping with the blood of leigh alexander or whatever. one guy saying "hey guys seriously stop" isn't going to make the guys stop. seriously. i was just informing you of that.  You see,   Look Giantbomb is a bus, yes you can complain about it but you have no right to dictate where the bus goes. The bus has a route, you go out of your way to catch the bus and if you don't like that fact you get over it. "  I will always love that line. Thanks giantbomb! High road= me? "

And to that I say

@davidwitten22

said:

"I'm sorry dude but I just love that line. I thought it was great. A REAL counterpoint would be "well yeah sure, but if there was a bum masturbating on the bus do you have no right to complain about a bum masturbating on the bus?"  Also I didn't watch the podcast so I don't mean this as a shot at whatsherface. "

lol, It works both ways.

*Meme Alert*

@Raven_Sword said:
" @gike987: Well, I guess I can see where there coming from. If were talking about comments in my thread about the actual topic, then I can see how my thread could come across as "Shame on you" and whatnot, but it wasnt intended taht way. It just made me real mad to see all these personal remarks against the women. i didnt have a problem so much with the legit criticisms like how she interrupted people and all that.   Anyway, I still would like to think were more mature then teh average game forum. I hope im right atleast. "
Should I link the thread where everyone was in support of incestuous granny sex?
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By davidwitten22
@Coombs said:
" @davidwitten22 said:

" Woah woah woah Raven_sword. That Fuck you thing was unneccessary. I wasn't rude to you or anything, just making a point. I thought it was nice how you were trying to make a point, but it's just a moot point. It's not going to solve anything. The forum is dripping with the blood of leigh alexander or whatever. one guy saying "hey guys seriously stop" isn't going to make the guys stop. seriously. i was just informing you of that.  You see,   Look Giantbomb is a bus, yes you can complain about it but you have no right to dictate where the bus goes. The bus has a route, you go out of your way to catch the bus and if you don't like that fact you get over it. "  I will always love that line. Thanks giantbomb! High road= me? "

And to that I say
 @davidwitten22 said:

"I'm sorry dude but I just love that line. I thought it was great. A REAL counterpoint would be "well yeah sure, but if there was a bum masturbating on the bus do you have no right to complain about a bum masturbating on the bus?"  Also I didn't watch the podcast so I don't mean this as a shot at whatsherface. "

"
This is the best thing that's ever happened to me at giantbomb. This one thing made this entire night worthwhile. Coombs, you will be my favorite member on this site for a long, long time. 

Also, if I had to find a way to counterpoint that BADASS counterpoint, I'd say... "You can complain about the bum masturbating on the bus, but would you still want to ride that bus if the next day that bum was on the bus masturbating even harder?"
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ravensword
@davidwitten22:

lol, my bad then. I misinterprete forum stuff sometimes (also, its after 1am where im at, so im a  little irretable.) But still, I would really like to think that you didnt think I was trying to be like self righteous or something. and know that my intentions for this article were sincere. But I dont agree that I should just sit around and not say anything if I think something is wrong with what the community is doing just because my view isnt the popular view at the time.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ravensword
@davidwitten22:

lol, I must find the thread where this line came from. Link please?
davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By davidwitten22
@Raven_Sword said:
" @davidwitten22: lol, my bad then. I misinterprete forum stuff sometimes (also, its after 1am where im at, so im a  little irretable.) But still, I would really like to think that you didnt think I was trying to be like self righteous or something. and know that my intentions for this article were sincere. But I dont agree that I should just sit around and not say anything if I think something is wrong with what the community is doing just because my view isnt the popular view at the time. "
I understand. You're worried about the bus and the direction it's headed. But the bus always finds it's way back to where you really want it to be. The bus knows what it's doing, and the bus driver is a great man wise beyond his years. 

Oh dead god I can't stop this bus thing.