Imagining faces to voices...

tiny_tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tiny_tank

Did any bombcast listeners ever imagine what the faces looked like just based on how the voices sounded before they had ever seen any pictures to finally put a facial image to the voice (if they've even seen the pictures of the bombcast crew)?  Like for instance, and I honestly wonder how many people will agree with me or think back to their first experience listening to Mr. Brad Shoemaker's voice... and imagine this and see if they agree.  But the friend who introduced me to the Bombcast told me to listen to it and after I had he told me that when he hears Brad's voice he immediately pictured a dude with a handlebar moustache.  I thought about it and was like yeah I could see that.. then when I went back and listened to it the next time, I couldn't get a picture of anyone in my head that didn't have a handlebar moustache.  It would be like hearing Sam Elliot's voice if you'd never seen the guy, you'd have to picture him the way he looks... maybe it's just me.  Anyone have any interesting thoughts our stories in a similar vein?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By WickedCestus

When I first went back and listened to the old episodes of the Hotspot, I imagined Rich Gallup as a stoner man with wavy hair and stubble. I don't remember what I thought of the other's though.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Lukeweizer

I knew what they looked like from Gamespot.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Lukeweizer said:
I knew what they looked like from Gamespot.
Same. Would have been fun to guess though. I feel cheated.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

There's this radio station in Seattle, and just going by the voice of the DJ, I thought for sure he would look like that guy who hosted 'Dinner and a Movie' on TBS. 

Turns out, he doesn't look anything like that. There's a bit of truth to the saying, "He has a face for radio".
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By McGhee

I imagined Vinny looked something like this:

No Caption Provided
Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Vonocourt

Nah, I already knew what they look like before hand.

My big podcast shock was when I saw Garnett Lee from 1up Yours for the first time. I didn't expect him to be so...cro-magnon.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Slaker117

The first three Bombcasts I listened to had one person chance every time because of things going on. I tried to look up pictures to help me familiarize myself with the crew and follow conversions better, but got seriously confused due to that shuffling. Went a while with Dave's face attached to Vinny's voice.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

I only had problems linking Vinny to a face since I never saw virtual Vinny. He sounded like Aaron Thomas to me so I put his face on Fabio's body.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Kyreo
@Anwar said:
The first time I listened to the bombcast I imagined Ryan being a small dude, I don't know why I just had that mental picture and Brad was some guy with a mountain man beard for some reason and a square jaw line in my mind.
Yeah Brad has the voice of a Mountain Man.  It's sexy.  >:P
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Nope. Saw them on On The Spot, heard Hotspot, then came Bombcast. I always knew how they looked.