3. TWD
  4. Journey
  5. Forza Horizon
  6. FEZ
  7. Trials Evolution
  8. Mass Effect 3
  9. Halo 4
  10. Sleeping Dogs/Syndicate

Or something like that....how far off am I? (The order might be different of course). I'm trying to think about the games that were liked by most of the staff or where a minority simply felt indifferent towards the game.

Drop Trials and ME3 and add Mark Of The Ninja and i think that might be their Top 10. Not sure about the order, but i think those are the games.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Marz

top 5 for GB?   it'll probably go like this. 
1. TWD 
2. Far Cry 3 
3. X-Com 
4. Journey 
5. Sleeping Dogs

Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Sogeman

I have a feeling that Brad is going to make everyone choose the worse game as GOTY like last year. Everyone was all set and then he starts about Skyrim even with all load of problems it has. Would be fun if he like ME3 and got everyone to choose that.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Usually the game they had the most fun with in a QL wins GOTY, so I'm guessing Far Cry 3 or Sleeping Dogs by that logic.

@AndrewB said:

Far Cry 3 makes top 3, but the story bummer deflates the enthusiasm and it comes down to X-Com and The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead wins.

Then Dave comes along and deletes the podcast recordings, replacing them with his own GOTY podcast where he proclaims the winner to be Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition.

I just don't see the story bummer, it is the most well told FPS since Half Life 2 in my opinion. The characters are awesome, the tripping scenes involve some amazing Inception like sequences and first person robot dancing, I just don't see the ending being bad, what ending did you get?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#55  Edited By Kidavenger

I finished Walking Dead last night, I'm a big fan of the comic and TV show; I enjoyed the game, but it's not my game of the year. If anyone hasn't played Sleeping Dogs, I urge you to play it now, it's easily the best game I played this year and the only game that I haven't played that even has a chance of taking that spot may be Journey and I'm fairly certain it won't.