Rorie as permanent fifth chair?

Eli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Eli

How would you guys feel if Rorie joined the Bombast as permanent number five? I personally would love that; I always liked him as the game guides guy on GameSpot and was psyched to hear when he joined Giant Bomb almost a couple years back now. Whenever he's been a guest on the show, he has always had something interesting to add for my taste. On top of that, I was always a fan of the five person show because it kept the conversation rolling in wild directions at a constant rate. What do you guys think?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

you're a permanent fifth chair

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorie has things to do most of the time unfortunately.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

That would be terrific, but he seems so busy all the time that I doubt he'd be able to spare 3 hours a week for a podcast.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorie has things to do most of the time unfortunately.

Yup, and five on the podcast is probably too much. It's nice when theres a guest every now and then, but failing that it just makes it sound too cluttered.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

You're a permanent fifth chair.

Ëdit: @ripelivejam: God damn you.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@splodge: 2011-2013 had 5 regular members on the Bombcast (Ryan, Jeff, Brad, Vinnny, Patrick) and those were quality podcasts.

I love Rorie on the Bombcast, and just in general I guess.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They had 5 people on the podcast for quite awhile and it worked out just fine. I don't see why it couldn't work. The main issue would be if Rorie has the time or even wants to participate.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Love me some Rorie, but I prefer to have him as the host of his own podcast, only then he can talk about his love for Anna Karenine freely.

Though I'd be curious to hear what Dan Ryckert has to say about russian litterature.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love me some Rorie, but I prefer to have him as the host of his own podcast, only then he can talk about his love for Anna Karenine freely.

Though I'd be curious to hear what Dan Ryckert has to say about russian litterature.

I had a great conversation with Dan the other night on twitter about Crime and Punishment. He is a fan of The Gambler but I think he is crazy.

None of that is true

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gkhan

"That sounds like one of those fancy guy things! Of course I don't know anything about it!"

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Not a fan of a 5-man setup, but I do really wish he had been the fourth man on the podcast. Nothing against anyone else, but I think he's a great fit in there.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge: I did believe you for a second there.

DiamondDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got no problem with Rorie, he's a good guy, but I have always thought that 4 people is the sweet spot as far as the podcast goes. Plus, I think the new dynamic since Dan joined has been a real breath of fresh air, so I would be inclined to leave the format alone.

EwanSuttie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By EwanSuttie

I really want to hear a bit more from Jason. I'm sure we will get more of him over time but I think it would be cool if the fifth seat on the Bombcast was rotated between the likes of Jason, Rorie, Alexis, Danny, or an external guest. All this would be dependant on Brad actually ending podcasts in reasonable time though. While I love a good 3 hour cast, adding another person could elongate that even more, and some weeks I just ain't got the time. Though I'm sure Brad will figure it out soon, he is new to the hosting gig after all.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna happen since he has too much to do but I would really appreciate it. He's fun to listen to. Also he probably talked more on the last Bombcast than Drew did during the last 6 months. I would welcome it but saddly it probably won't happen. Really like to hear his thoughts on RPGs

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

If it was possible then yeah, definitely

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah.

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Five guys is too much. I don't mind him filling in a spot when someone is missing.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love Rorie on the bombcast, but think that 5 people are too much. Somebodys gotta go! :O

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I just want more Box Office Bomb.

heyupikablu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure Rorie gets a chair whenever he has time. Since he's not on the same schedule as the rest of the duders, he misses some opportunities for "your jokes" and puppies!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Podcasts need to be careful about adding more than 4 people because conservations easily get muddled with multiple people talking over each other readily. So it isn't that Rorie shouldn't be on the Bombcast regularly but that they need to keep the number of "chairs" at 4.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What if he replaced Brad as the host? eh?

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

Podcasts need to be careful about adding more than 4 people because conservations easily get muddled with multiple people talking over each other readily. So it isn't that Rorie shouldn't be on the Bombcast regularly but that they need to keep the number of "chairs" at 4.

Yep. Plus, Brad seems a lot more talkative recently (he has to be as the host) sooo a fifth guy/gal would really be too much. There should be some rotation though. Guests would be nice too, the last couple were pretty cool.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, 4 man podcasts all the way. He's good as a guest!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I love it when Rorie comes on and would love him to be a permanent 5th chair, but it's completely understandable given he has shit to do. I also agree with others that 4 is a podcasting sweet spot.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is that like a fifth wheel?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather they have more guests. And besides, rorie has said his work schedule doesnt allow for him to be a permanent podcast dude.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I'd rather not.

Kevaina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More Rorie = more puppies, so theoretically, yes. :)

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I think 4 is the right number, but I'd love to have Rorie as either a permanent or regular fill-in 4th.

Doesn't sound realistic though given what he has to do. Anyway I enjoy hearing him when he's on.

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Party

Yes yes yes. I love it when Rorie is on the bombcast, dude has some really insightful commentary.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Rories cool, but Rorie does what he wants to.

You're permanent.

FormulaDeuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FormulaDeuce

I'm not against the idea at all but I think he's said he just doesn't have the time to be on those podcast every week.

@theht said:

I think one of the reasons they don't do them that often is because Alex and Matt just don't watch that many movies or shows like they did back in the Screened days. If they could somehow trick invite some guest to appear on there (like the other premium podcast do), they could probably have enough to talk about between them all to have a monthly podcast.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm not against the idea at all but I think he's said he just doesn't have the time to be on those podcast every week.

@theht said:

I think one of the reasons they don't do them that often is because Alex and Matt just don't watch that many movies or shows like they did back in the Screened days. If they could somehow trick invite some guest to appear on there (like the other premium podcast do), they could probably have enough to talk about between them all to have a monthly podcast.

I would Love to see more Box Office Bomb I really liked screened and that podcast makes it feel like it never really went away.

StoutLager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Five is too many people. Three is best (i think) and four is good maximum.

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rorie is busy. Stop bothering him unless necessary.

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find my tastes tend to align with Rorie's pretty frequently so I always get interested when he's on the show. I know he can tend to be pretty busy, but if this was purely a wish fulfillment thing I'd love to have him on there more.

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mainly busy getting ready for Warlords of Draenor. Not that any of us others are doing the same thing.......oh god where did my life go again?

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss Vinny. Vinny for fifth chair.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the original line up and nothing -- nothing -- will ever equal it. Sadly, there is obviously no way to ever get that back again . . . I like getting different opinions and input on the show. I like Rorie. Happy to see him on any time he is able to be there. Would also like more return guests from time to time.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't dislike Rorie at all, and I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I just don't think he knows enough about games in general to continuously add to the discussion. That's just the impression I get, he is entertaining though.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Rorie alot but man 5 in way too many , also I remember him saying on the Screened podcast that he really hates doing podcasts and that was why all of them were around the 1 hour mark. Rorie is a great stand in .

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#47  Edited By MormonWarrior

Nah. I feel like he's good on occasion but his personality can be a little insufferable from time to time.

No hate, I just think a little Rorie goes a long way on podcasts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Rorie, but nah.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love it, but I imagine dedicating the 2-3 hours to recording probably doesn't fit his schedule especially well

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sadly Rorie is busy with meetings all the time. He's my favourite duder, he's the Golden Duder after all. But it's okay, I get to see him on UPF and properlypettingpuppies tumblr page.

Chomp