The Bombcast is up.

• 61 results
donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I teared up a little when I heard yesterday that Ryan had passed, but I fucking wept at the end of that bombcast. Those guys lost a real friend, and that pain was palpable. Ryan, you were a hell of a guy and thank you for making my commutes to class and work a little easier these past years. Truly, thank you.

Hazelnuttz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Great send off guys. We all know it's going to be hard having lost someone so amazing. He was a pillar of a man, and we all feel the loss. It was really consoling to hear your voices. Thankyou

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By NegativeCero

I'm wide awake at 4am having just finished it and I don't think I'll be getting to sleep soon. Their use of humor to break the akwardness was great but that ending. It was just powerful.

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

That was possibly the most powerful podcast I have ever listened to. Ryan was so lucky to meet such great friends who truly cared so deeply about him.

I was shocked when I found out yesterday Ryan had passed, at first I thought it was a joke but after reading through the plethora of comments from both here on Giant Bomb, and on Twitter I couldn't believe it. Having just gone through dealing with the death of another gaming personality I loved to listen to (David Dreger) this news comes off as a punch in the gut.

I loved when everyone shared their own personal stories of Ryan. I especially loved Rorie's because I laughed so hard when he said Ryan called him a "human piece of shit" lol.

I know I'm gonna miss hearing Ryan's infectious voice screaming "hey everybody it's Tuesday!" to start the podcast. Man, I can't believe I could feel this grief for someone I never even met.

On1inepersona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By On1inepersona

I never cried and laughed at the same time till the last 6 minutes of that podcast.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By amp_1986

Not really sure what to say other than that it was a great tribute to Ryan. The last few minutes were brutal. I have no idea how they all kept it together for so long.

soulmanim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By soulmanim3

I woke up when it posted and couldn't force myself back to sleep. Listened to Vinny's intro and the first story and I felt a little better. I woke up early to listen to the rest. It's great to hear their voices. Still the best damn site on the Internet.

thepantheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

When I could hear Vinny's voice choke.. after saying thank you, and we'll miss ya. I lost it. I can't explain to anyone except us Duders why I'm crying for a "friend" that's passed that I've never met.

But he really was a friend, and I didn't realise what a big impact Giant Bomb had on my life until I found out one of the crew wasn't going to be here anymore.

I miss you Ryan, and thank you guys for doing this Bombcast. And thank you duders for being this community.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This bombcast...

D: :D D: D: :D :D :D D: D: :D :D :D :D :D D: :D

NuDimon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I promised myself I wouldn't cry...

BGFH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorite aspects of Giant Bomb is the community. I have followed Ryan, Jeff, and the rest of the crew since the GameSpot days. I love that the written, audio, and video content all feel real and genuine. It's not just a by-the-numbers review, someone robotically reading a script for a video review, or playing it safe to not piss off a publisher. There has always been a level of integrity from Giant Bomb that I really appreciate. The podcast and Quick Look videos give a far better representation of a game than a scripted video review for instance.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, one of the main reasons I love Giant Bomb is the people. Over the years, through all of the podcasts, videos, Quick Looks, panels, etc., I feel I really got to know the Giant Bomb crew, despite never meeting them in real life. This is especially true for Ryan. There are just so many mrmorable moments from the past several years that instantly make me smile or make me laugh. Ryan was truly fun to watch and listen to, just to see what he'd do next.

I watched the Kirby's Epic Yarn Quick Look yesterday, and this was one of my favorite Ryan moments. Just listening to his reaction to the game makes me laugh every time. However watching this again yesterday was tough. It's equally one of the happiest and saddest things ever.

I was amazed to even hear a Bombcast this week. It just shows, nothing can stop the Bombcast. And I'd especially hate to see the Giant Bomb site shut down. Take as much time as you guys need, but whenever you're ready, we'll be here and ready for more great content.