The guys talk about Halo this week and I have a question...

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

What was the first console FPS to have dual stick control? By that I mean left stick moves your guy around and right stick moves the aiming. I'm talking only about two analog sticks, so no Goldeneye. I always thought Halo was revolutionary because it was the first game to have dual stick control that made first person shooters work on consoles.

Thanks for answering my question!

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I swear I remember Jeff mentioning it somewhere. Most likely, it was a PS1 game.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

There's a few PS1 FPS games that made use of the dual analog sticks. According to the internet Quake 2 was the first to have the option on PS1 and Alien Resurrection was the first FPS that made it the default controls

Edit: And apparently you could play Goldeneye 007 on N64 with two controllers as a way to have two analog sticks. Sounds absolutely ridiculous though.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Goldeneye had a mode where you could use two controllers for dual analog action :P It was TERRRIBLE.

Not sure of the true answer to your question.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Halo is all that matters.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

There was a weird time when FPS games on PS1 all had extremely different ideas on how to mimic mouselook and I think Quake 2 was the first to do the modern Left stick is move Right stick is look combination. I know for sure King's Field had a weird combination of d-pad to move character and face buttons to move camera but it wasn't exactly the same because the left and right on the d-pad was actually camera left-right while square and circle were strafe.