CSS is broken when you first load the website in Firefox

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By gkhan

This has started happening to me all the time in Firefox. Like, I see this literally every day. Reloading the page fixes it, and after that it seems to work fine (presumably the CSS is in cache then). I wanted to capture what's happening in the "Network" web developer tool (presumably the CSS resource isn't loading the first time, i was thinking). But it only happens if I haven't visited Giant Bomb for, like, 12 hours or something, so I keep forgetting to open that pane. Clearing the Firefox cache doesn't make it happen again, i Have to literally wait. Anyway, you should fix it, it's annoying and it breaks your website :)

No Caption Provided

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, yeah: Firefox 87.0 on macOS Catalina. I have Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin installed, but i don't think those have anything to do with it, since it works when i press "Reload"

Bromil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm getting this screen a lot lately as well (Firefox 88.0, Windows 10). Time since last visit doesn't seem to be a factor in my case, as it'll happen even if I just visited the site a few minutes before.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah this happens to me as well.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By permanentsigh

Next time pull up the browser inspector and check the console, see if there are errors and post them here. I'm sure that will help troubleshoot the issue on GB's end.

(I always forget to look myself)

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, i did pull up the console, but nothing seemed off. As I mentioned, I want to check the network pane to see what happened there, but you can't see anything in that one after the fact, and I have yet to remember to open it before loading GB.

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I just got it again (for the second time) and you're right, no console error. I also have ublock origin and the enhanced tracking protection off in Firefox for Giant Bomb specifically, so those would never be to blame.

I wonder if anyone not on Firefox is getting this?

permanentsigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I think I figured out how the issue occurs but not exactly why.

No Caption Provided

Looks like when the connection to the giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com CDN isn't secure, it fails to load assets like the CSS file.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Same thing happening for me, Firefox Developer Edition 89.0b4 on macOS Big Sur.