Subscription Payment Failed

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

So I've gotten an email saying my subscription auto-renewal payment failed, and I'm not entirely sure why. Usually when a payment on my card is declined, I immediately get a phone call from my bank to check if it was actually me making the charge. However I haven't in this case. Would sending an email to support@giantbomb.com be my best bet ?

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I received the same email. I switched my payment method to a new card recently (and re-entered that same card info again because of the email), but I haven't seen the subscription charge show up on it yet.

I'd also like to know if there's something else I need to do to get this resolved.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dazzhardy

Yeah, my card changed earlier this year, but I had already entered the updated info into the relevant section under billing, so I'm not sure why it failed :\

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, I've just been in touch with my bank, and after going through a few checks, they've confirmed that they didn't decline the charge, and that they believe the problem must be on the other end.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@bane: @dazzhardy:

Hey,

Unfortunately I think that our credit card update form is broken at the moment - we're in the midst of transitioning to a new payment processor and are going through a few hiccups with our payment system. As such, your attempt to update your credit card likely didn't go through.

The easiest thing to do here is to go to the site, cancel your subscription, and immediately sign up for a "new" one. You won't lose any of the time you're owed on the current subscription (the new subscription will be added to the end of it) and the new payment (plus store code if you sign up for annual) should go through immediately. Alternately, you can wait for your membership to expire and then sign up again.

Sorry for the trouble! The new payment processor will make all of this a lot easier but it's going to take a few weeks to get everything set up.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks for the reply Rorie, that seems to have worked :D

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By bacongames

I came in here to say that I had my subscription lapse without realizing, meaning that the auto-renew didn't work for one reason or another and the reason is that the renewal email was in my spam folder. So check your spam folders people!