User Lists: 0

Oh God I need to get my subscription back D:

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

This is the best feature on the site by far right now.

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I hope Giant Bomb's 2015 Game of the Year content is inspired by Contradiction. That would be amazing. It would probably be a lot of work, but I'd love to see it happen. At least one day's worth of awards presented in that format.

aharonw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By aharonw

I think GiantBomb should continue down this road of games with potential for awesome commentary.

In that spirit, may I recommend the early Frogwares Sherlock Holmes series (Awakened and Jack the Ripper come to mind), as well as Kholat (though that's more Horror fun commentary).

Oooh, and the Raven is a good one. Lots of quirkiness in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

They should just keep doing Endurance Runs.

Honestly, it'd be the only reason I'd keep my subscription.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Itwastuesday

I couldn't stand waiting for the crew to finish after finally catching up with their videos, so I threw down 10 bucks on the game. I encourage everyone else to do the same!

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I'm jonesing so hard for the next episode. Have the crew said anything?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Why is an ER a premium feature?

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm just itching for more, even my girlfriend got into this and forbid me watching the next one without her.

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Dunno, when they do another ER (won't happen, and this wasn't one) we'll have to ask if they put it behind the paywall.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#112  Edited By Bollard

@zaccheus said:

I'm just itching for more, even my girlfriend got into this and forbid me watching the next one without her.

Exactly the same situation for me. Forced her to watch it and she wants the next episode more than I do.

thepullquotes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armaan8014 said:

The game itself is about 9 hours at most even if you're just brute forcing answers. They're already 50% of the way through, about half of which is available on YouTube.

I debated whether or not I should play beyond where VinnCo are at, and eventually did, and I can't wait for their reactions.

If you asked all the right questions and only those, you can probably complete the game in an hour and a half.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrwakka said:
@armaan8014 said:

Dunno, when they do another ER (won't happen, and this wasn't one) we'll have to ask if they put it behind the paywall.

But wouldn't this technically be an ER, with just a different title?

It's got everything - mystery, weirdness, obscure game...

MrWakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrwakka said:
@armaan8014 said:

But wouldn't this technically be an ER, with just a different title?

It's got everything - mystery, weirdness, obscure game...

The team has, from my understanding, a very specific definition for an Endurance Run.That is, again to my understanding, that it is played 'daily' from start to finish with no breaks between the videos, something they have not done since the last ER. Because this can be very time consuming, and doesn't do much in terms of boosting subs since it is free, it is highly unlikely we will ever see another one. Were that not the case you could very easily classify Metal Gear Scanlon as one long endurance run, as well as some other stuff, including Contradiction, assuming they decide to finish it and not stop where they are. But because ER do have that requirement, they are not, and thus behind the paywall without any worry of breaking any promises.

For the record though: subscribe. The Unprofessional Fridays are often very much worthwhile, the Metal Gear Scanlon series is entertaining, though MGS4 hasn't quite been capturing my attention as much, and they do other fun stuff as well. It is worth the small fee for the amount of entertainment they offer if you're into them, and since you seem keen on the idea of an ER you probably are.

thepantheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By thepantheon

In. So in. in in in .

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By armaan8014

@mrwakka said:

For the record though: subscribe. The Unprofessional Fridays are often very much worthwhile, the Metal Gear Scanlon series is entertaining, though MGS4 hasn't quite been capturing my attention as much, and they do other fun stuff as well. It is worth the small fee for the amount of entertainment they offer if you're into them, and since you seem keen on the idea of an ER you probably are.

Yeah I might, at least for a month, if only to watch the contradiction playthrough :P Never felt any reason to subscribe before this. Then maybe I can see how I enjoy the other premium features and choose whether or not to continue. Not that big a fan of the "messing around in the office" type videos though, mostly like the funny QLs they used to do and the original ERs

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Contradiction is easily the most worthwhile premium content from GB in awhile. I agree that you should subscribe, but not for the reasons everyone else is mentioning. There's a backlog of golden content for you if you've never subscribed before. Backflips N' Bioforge alone pretty much merits forking over at least the monthly membership fee. I only wish there were more Vinny-helmed 90's game features these days.

sQuadr0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By sQuadr0n

Any chance part 2 of the GBeast play through will be posted tonight? So pissed I missed it earlier.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By armaan8014

Did playdate episode 2 finish the series or something? Or is there more of the game left to be played? (Haven't watched it obviously)

Sniipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

they finished