Cyberpunk 2077 expansion moved to 2023

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

CDPR has announced that the Cyberpunk 2077 expansion has been moved to 2023 in their latest roadmap:

No Caption Provided

It sounds like they're going to focus this year on stability for CP2077 and working on the expansion! I still need to finish the game but I wouldn't mind more stuff to do!

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Lol man I played like 30 hours in 2020 on release then refunded it. Figured I'd wait for the complete version. Looks like its another Witcher 3 situation for me. Play it at launch, drop it, then finally pick it up again 4 years later.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Sounds good to me, I'd rather them get the game in the state it should have been at launch and then focus harder on the expansion.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m more surprised to hear there are still expansion plans. With the new Witcher game announcement, I figured they would get CP where they could and move on. Does this mean the multiplayer stuff is still on their plans? Because as much as I like the game despite its faults, the combat is not multiplayer worthy, like, at all. And PvE would not be a good thing either.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Undeadpool

My interest in Cyberpunk 2077 confirmed for 2018.

CurseOfTheWise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tartyron said:

I’m more surprised to hear there are still expansion plans. With the new Witcher game announcement, I figured they would get CP where they could and move on. Does this mean the multiplayer stuff is still on their plans? Because as much as I like the game despite its faults, the combat is not multiplayer worthy, like, at all. And PvE would not be a good thing either.

Oh, don't worry. It's not like they FIXED the culture of crunch and harassment that came out in the wake of Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk's development, they just waited for everyone to forget and move on. I'm sure they'll manage. Somehow.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The games in a good place now. Better to take longer and make an expansion keep things that way.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8 gtxforza  Online

I hope this game will become a lot better by 2023!

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I can change my hair without mods. What else could I possibly need?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I wouldn't mind dipping back in when they release some Blood and Wine sized DLC down the road. I was extremely fortunate in that my PC experience was pretty bug free at launch and I had a pretty great time with the game from start to finish so going back in a few years later and seeing all the tweaks to the base experience is going to be pretty interesting.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

It's a real shame that CDPR didn't wait another year to release this game. If they did, it would've been a much bigger success. Now most of the bugs are fixed, and happens few and very far between. This allowed me to finally engage myself into the Cyperpunk 2077 world, and they actually pull off what they envisioned, but the massive amount of bugs took many people out of the immersion. So a game being delayed can suck, but just remember the lesson of Cyberpunk 2077, it would've gotten a much better reception had they'd not rushed it and waited until all the problems were fixed.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Well, I sure a heck hope they would fix Cyberpunk 2077.

I mean a few years ago, CDProject Red was the largest publicly traded video game company in Poland and a huge developers even by teh standards of all of Europe. The stocks likely tanked after CyberPunk.... but still. They owns six studios, they must still have hundred of employees, and The Molasses Flood (Boston, MA USA) just put out a game.

They have the funds to make things right, and they should do that.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: no amount of bug fixes would fix that forgettable bland story.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can change my hair without mods. What else could I possibly need?

Please allow me to clean my apartments.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@av_gamer: I also think that they announced the game way too soon. I think it was before preproduction back then. they should have waited until they can confidently estimate the release date.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still haven't seen anything about that game that seems actually enjoyable to do. I think I'll just replay the PC Shadowrun games for my Cyberpunk fix.

NameRedacted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tartyron said:

Oh, don't worry. It's not like they FIXED the culture of crunch and harassment that came out in the wake of Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk's development, they just waited for everyone to forget and move on. I'm sure they'll manage. Somehow.

Oh, no joke--CDPR didn't fix jack shit about their terrible work culture, harassment, or crunch; nor make good on their decade of extreme levels of hype and lies about what Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be.

But "Gamers" are largely a group of apologists, short attention spans, and little integrity; they / we don't care how the sausage gets made, ONLY that the sausage gets made.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I played and finished 2077 about a month ago and enjoyed my time with it. I played on a Xbox Series S and, while some bugs did show up, it wasn’t horrendous. Kinda relieved that they are taking more time to fix it up and hope that the Expansion doesn’t end up the same buggy mess.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@nameredacted: How could they make good on the hype at this point? The game is out, it largely is what it is and you’re either fine with it or you’re not and just don’t play it. The only realistic way to maybe make good on it is actually to release self contained DLC that maybe incorporates some ideas that got left on the cutting room floor.

As for the work culture and the public in general forgetting? Of course. This is nothing new. Have you seen any new articles being written on how Ubisoft is doing these days? What about EA after the colossal miss handling of Anthem? Naughty Dog? It’s always a hot topic until it isn’t, and that’s the sad state of the industry as a whole - studios and journalists included.