Firelink Shrine Question - SPOILER WARNING

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Thiago123

So I just finished Anor Londo, but I was not able to kill that bum Lautrec when I invaded his world. Is there anyway to re-light the Firelink Shrine bonfire? Even if the answer is no, is there at least another opportunity to fight him?

I guess otherwise I'll NG+ just to get to Undead Parish and kill him in that prison cell. Gotta get my meaningless video game revenge.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nope. You have to kill him when you invade. I've never been killed on my invasion though. Can you just reuse the item to get back in or is it gone now?

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

You can fight him as much as you want until you beat him I believe. I've tried to kill him 3 times.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You can die on him as much as you want. Just keep trying free of charge. You even keep your souls when you die. There may be extra dialog when you go back, too.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Just keep going back for more man, he ain't going anywhere.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think you'll get the message about the orb responding when you return to the chamber leading to Smough & Ornstein, but you can still use the black orb there to invade Lautrec.

Also remember that you only have to kill Lautrec--you don't have to kill his buddies.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thiago123

Oh! OK thanks, I thought it was a one shot thing, I didn't even check my inventory. Does anyone know if you have to be in Anor Londo? Do I have to wait until the message comes back that the orb is acting up, or can I just use it from anywhere? His buddies got the best of me...I kind of went in unprepared.

FYI - I already went through and beat Smaugh and Ornstein tho (if it matters). And I'll be honest, I needed co-op help for them. Not even the Vinny special (Iron Flesh + Walk Forward) was enough!

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@thiago123: You can only use the orb in the hall before the O&S fight. You don't have to wait for any special conditions other then that.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chiablo

There is a super cheesy method to killing him.

Go to the Undead Merchant in the aqueduct and buy poison arrows. Three arrows into each will poison them and slowly drain their health down to almost nothing. Two rounds of this and they'll bite the dust without ever touching you.

And as far as I am aware, the Firelink Shrine bonfire is permanently snuffed out. This is because the firekeeper is dead. In fact, if any firekeeper is killed their bonfire is no longer usable. Thankfully, the bonfire at the blacksmith is close enough to still be a useful waypoint.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Thiago123

@chiablo said:

Go to the Undead Merchant in the aqueduct and buy poison arrows. Three arrows into each will poison them and slowly drain their health down to almost nothing. Two rounds of this and they'll bite the dust without ever touching you.

And as far as I am aware, the Firelink Shrine bonfire is permanently snuffed out. This is because the firekeeper is dead. In fact, if any firekeeper is killed their bonfire is no longer usable. Thankfully, the bonfire at the blacksmith is close enough to still be a useful waypoint.

Thanks for the strategy, I'll have to give that a go if I keep running in to trouble. Regarding the bonfire: right but it was Lautrec who killed the Firelink firekeeper. If you kill him he is supposed to drop her soul which you can use to revive her, I thought.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ModernAlkemie

@thiago123: That's correct. If you get the soul back by killing Lautrec you can revive the shrine keeper by returning to her prison at Firelink. Just don't consume her soul or use it to reinforce your Estus Flask!

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

There are a few ways to cheese the Lautrec fight but it's much more satisfying to take him out legitimately. Don't forget to pick up his armor afterward: It's on the right wing directly above where you fought Smough and Orenstein.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo said:

Thanks for the strategy, I'll have to give that a go if I keep running in to trouble. Regarding the bonfire: right but it was Lautrec who killed the Firelink firekeeper. If you kill him he is supposed to drop her soul which you can use to revive her, I thought.

Ahh, that's right. I'm a greedy, heartless bastard and traded it in for sweet sweet Estus.

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hippocrit

I always have a hard time with Lautrec because his shotels get around shields. If you're good at parrying you can eff him up though.

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I did was I stood up on that platform where you can summon Solaire, shot him once to get his attention and then waited for him to come up the stairs. Since it's narrow his buddies were single-file behind him but I was able to poke at him.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Yeah, the only way is to defeat Lautric.

I ended up cheesing my way through the Lautrec fight with the Giant spear bow (Don't remember the actual name). After the fact I decided to reinforce my estus flask at the shrine near the beginning of Anor Londo for the imminent Smough and Ornstein fight, given I had another Fire Keeper soul. Much to my dismay, I ended up using the wrong soul and the Fire Link shrine is forever unlit in my current playthrough.

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All - just reporting in: The murdered Firekeeper has been avenged! That bum Lautrec will not betray anyone else! He died a slow death...poisoned by a sniper hehe. Firelink Shrine is re-lit and kindled up to 20 bottles of +4 Sunny D.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thiago123: And now the little lady underneath it can talk to her heart's content. Maybe being murdered wasn't such a bad thing for her....

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All - just reporting in: The murdered Firekeeper has been avenged! That bum Lautrec will not betray anyone else! He died a slow death...poisoned by a sniper hehe. Firelink Shrine is re-lit and kindled up to 20 bottles of +4 Sunny D.

Good job, here's your prize: