Best NPC??

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I figured we would need to talk about this sooner or later, without our SunBro, we need a new beloved friend.

I mostly made this thread just to talk about how awesome Galvan is. He wheels, he deals. He buys your trash and sells you a dope Poise Ring. He's adorable.

Eh, House Cat is pretty cool too.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By shirogane

It'd have to be Shanalotte right? Aka Emerald Herald.

Unless you want to go with CrestBro, but he's in every game.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd have to be Shanalotte right? Aka Emerald Herald.

Unless you want to go with CrestBro, but he's in every game.

B-But...... Galvan.... He wheels, he deals...

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'm rather partial to Benhart of Jugo. Big, burly, bearded Scotsman that he is. Dude can hold his own in a fight, too.

Lucatiel is a good one. I was rather engrossed by her story and it sucks that she goes hollow in the end.

DrMechano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phft it is all about Ms Cat, Shalquoir, she is simple enchante indeed.

I love the fact that she moves around, sometimes table, sometimes chair, sometimes sharpening her claws on the wall and there are hints that she is perhaps the oldest thing in the setting, possibly older than even the holders of the Great Souls. She definitely knows a lot more than she is letting on.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The Belfry Dwarf is the best of all time, if only because he can bust a mad rhyme.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gavlan wheels, Gavlan deals. Licia is pretty great as well.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like Felkin The Outcast and Laddersmith Gilligan.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By icicle7x3

Head of Vengarl is really good, but I also really like Pate. Pate is a man you can trust.

Edit: Later game spoilers I guess:Almost forgot, Royal Sorcerer Navlaan or whoever he is.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Gavlan wheel.

Gavlan deal.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Head of Vengarl is really good, but I also really like Pate. Pate is a man you can trust.

Edit: Later game spoilers I guess:Almost forgot, Royal Sorcerer Navlaan or whoever he is.

Pate related spoiler: You might want to rethink all your relationships then, cause Pate is not someone you can trust at all.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icicle7x3 said:

Pate related spoiler: You might want to rethink all your relationships then, cause Pate is not someone you can trust at all.

What are you talking about, he just gave me the key to his house and here is this chest just for m....OH GOD!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave that pyromancer lady the invisible armor. I'm so smart. Her underwear is lame, though. 2/10 on hentai scale.

Best NPC is Lucatiel. I really didn't think I'd be as interested in her story as I ended up being. Almost makes up for all the times she walked off cliffs. Runner-up is Vengarl, followed by Creighton/Pate. I haven't "sided" with Creighton yet, so I'm not sure if there's anything else to his bit. His mask makes me look like a crazy Jason-esque motherfucker, though, so I have to love him for that. Pate/Creighton spoilers: I like that it isn't that obvious this time around that Pate is trying to fuck you. For awhile I was thinking he might have just disliked Creighton for his criminal reputation. Least favorite NPC is Gilligan. His character model just looks terrible and out of place to me, and his personality is super boring.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icicle7x3 said:

I dunno, as far as Patches reincarnations go, he's the most trustworthy of the three. He hasn't kicked me down a hole or tried to overturn a bridge on me.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: Wow, that's kinda genius, even i hadn't thought of that. Though giving her the desert soceress set might've been better if that's what you wanted, it's basicaly better looking underwear. If you want to be really hilarious you could make your male character wear it too.

As for Creighton/Pate i believe that no matter who you choose it basically ends the same, they thank you, give you stuff and then give you the key to that place with the chests.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Sweet Shalquoir or Lonesome Gavlan.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

I like Benhart. Dude runs around with a fake Moonlight Greatsword, has a terrific accent, and wears smelly old armor that looks like something out of Game of Thrones. Lucatiel is a great character, too. I like Carhillion and Straid, too. Though Straid is a total jerk.

Still, no one compares to my favorite Souls character, Hawkeye Gough.

Also, Jester Thomas.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Gavlan wheel?

Gavlan deal.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Easily Vengarl. He's just a head, chilling out by some rocks, thinking of the finer things in life. Then you meet the rest of his body and get a sense of how much of a monster he was. He's up there with Solaire in terms of my favourites.

I assume you don't count it, but that Ancient Dragon is pretty impressive the first time you see it.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Sweet Shalquoir. Her name is SWEET Shalquoir. What else do you expect? Don't you just wanna cuddle with that fluffy cat? Roll in the bed with her, rub your nose onto her belly?

She's the sassiest NPC of the whole game, she's cute, she's smart, she's fluffy, she likes your scent, she's wise, she's smart. She sells useful rings, none of them are wedding rings though.

She doesn't despise you, doesn't mock you, doesn't ask you for unnecessary things, and she likes your scent even though you're undead. And she can't be killed at all.

Look at other NPCs, Lucatiel is emo, Gavlan is alcoholic, Pate is a sociopath, Vengarl is a head, Chloanne is chest! But Shalquoir, she's Sweet! She scratches the wall and sits on chair, who else does that?

The rat king is the second best NPC though. Bit dirty and smelly, but still.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

When I had lost my way, my mind surely dimmed by the filth inherent of mine own kind, only he was so merciful as to take me in and accept me in his service. Only he would, in his infinite mercy, accept this wayward, selfish soul and set it on a path of righeousness. I am of course speaking of the great and magnanimous Rat King, to whom I've sworn fealty.

For him too open my eyes and senses to the unworthiness of humans, yet allow even one as lowly such as myself to serve in attonement. My humble loyalty given, and his greatness' benevolent trust recieved in return. Can a vassal ask for anything greater?

All hail the Rat King, I say!

ALL GLORY TO THE RAT KING!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I mean it has to be Navlaan right? He's the only one that holds up against Solaire/Siegmeyer. You let him go, he doesn't kill NPCs he kills you! *Leaves Giant Memory* already under attack when the game loads! Rat King is pretty good though. Crestfallen guy is actually useful this time and not as annoying. Gavlan is a cheap bastard compared to Frampt. Also Jester Thomas.

@oni: Well the King has the Game of Thrones armor.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lucatiel of Mirrah

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I wear a set of +10 Gyrm armor so I can look just like my bro Gavlan.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CaLe

The cat sounds like a feline slut to me so she's a no go. Malentia is an amazing 'old lady' voice actress, but not the type of character I like. Lucatiel takes herself too seriously for my liking and Gavlan is an idiot. I may just have to go with Emerald Herald because I can't even remember the names of any other NPC. Oh, there's Pate, but he's pretty boring.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

The cat sounds like a feline slut to me so she's a no go. Malentia is an amazing 'old-lady' voice actress, but not the type of character I like. Lucatiel takes herself too seriously for my liking and Gavlan is an idiot. I may just have to go with Emerald Herald because I can't even remember the names of any other NPC. Oh, there's Pate, but he's pretty boring.

I was positive you were going to pick Cale.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale said:

The cat sounds like a feline slut to me so she's a no go. Malentia is an amazing 'old-lady' voice actress, but not the type of character I like. Lucatiel takes herself too seriously for my liking and Gavlan is an idiot. I may just have to go with Emerald Herald because I can't even remember the names of any other NPC. Oh, there's Pate, but he's pretty boring.

I was positive you were going to pick Cale.

I mean I'm grateful they went out of their way to honor me by using my name in the game and all, but I'm not a sellout. FromSoftware can't buy my auspicious vote for favorite Dark Souls 2 character by being so blatant about it.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@thelastgunslinger: Gavlan wears Gyrm Warrior Armour. Gyrm Armour is a whole different set.

I have to like Gilligan because he has a Newfie accent. Other than that of course I like the kitty. It's a kitty.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By Oni

@thelastgunslinger:

I have to like Gilligan because he has a Newfie accent.

Oh, right! I thought it was some bastard Irish, which is basically what newfie is I suppose. I love the accents they have for some of these NPCs.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@thelastgunslinger: Gavlan wears Gyrm Warrior Armour. Gyrm Armour is a whole different set.

I have to like Gilligan because he has a Newfie accent. Other than that of course I like the kitty. It's a kitty.

Does he drop the Warrior Armour if you kill him? Not that I would ever kill Gavlan.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Karkarov

Tough call... Jugo is okay but I find his competence in a fight with anything actually strong questionable. I do like Gavlan, he just wants lots of souls like everyone else but is honest about it! For me I guess I gotta say Lucatiel, Gavlan second, Bernhardt third.

PS: Pate is the lesser of the two evils. He is never dishonest with you until the very end and the same thing happens with Creighton. Unlike Creighton Pate is also not a confirmed serial killer :P. However you should side with Creighton as it is the only way to get his armor set. All you get from Pate is a spear, you can actually buy the better version of his ring off an NPC too. Truthfully say to hell with it and kill them both.... After you get the key anyway.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: You can buy Creighton's Armor from Melentia if you happen to kill him, ditto most other NPCs; might be expensive but you never really lose out on anything; which makes the pain in the ass NPC quests that much less fulfilling.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta go with Galvan wheel? Galvan deal!

I mean not only does that guy buy all my crappy hollow pants that i have 50 of, he also sells POISON ARROWS, which are pretty amazing.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Turambar

@development: Wow, that's kinda genius, even i hadn't thought of that. Though giving her the desert soceress set might've been better if that's what you wanted, it's basicaly better looking underwear. If you want to be really hilarious you could make your male character wear it too.

As for Creighton/Pate i believe that no matter who you choose it basically ends the same, they thank you, give you stuff and then give you the key to that place with the chests.

Talk to Cale the Cartographer after speaking to Creighton for the first time.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosespippy said:

Does he drop the Warrior Armour if you kill him? Not that I would ever kill Gavlan.

He does not.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: @shirogane: I mean, you could just give her bracers and nothing else. She's definitely winning the worst NPC award at this rate; game doesn't really have much fanservice aside from her; not as bad as Gwynevere granted but still "ugh..."

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By Marz

Navlaan cuz he cray cray.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Sterling

No other Felkin fans huh.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The community outcry for Gavlan is touching. I think Death of a Salesman was based on his life experiences.

@sterling: Felkin seems like an alright guy, but it takes effort to go see him.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Straid has the coolest voice actor, dude oozes malice.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gabriel: Very good *laughs* very good indeed!

MrAbomination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't managed to get any of the NPC's quest chains done, not really sure how you do that. I really like Lucatiel.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#43  Edited By Yummylee

I haven't completed any NPC arcs so i can't come to a complete judgement, but on personality alone a lot of the usual suspects stand as my favourites. Gavlan, Benhardt, Lucatiel, Straid, Kevin Pollak, and my man Jester Thomas. I really like the crow blacksmith lady too, if only for her voice. The frailty to it makes me think she'd be better suited voicing an anthropomorphic owl, though.

Also, Pilgrim Bellclaire (?). Always handy to have when going against the Ruin Sentinels.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@yummylee: What about it pretzel man what's your story?

Bellclaire doesn't dual wield Pyro flames though; even if she wins the second place award.

Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jester Motherfucking Thomas.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Gavlan, but wheelchair dude and Straid are more of my irk. Navlaan is also pretty badass, unless you free him, then he gets just plain annoying.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I really like all the dark characters. Felkin, Straid, and Darkdiver Grandahl. So very dark but they don't flesh them out nearly enough. I also like Gavlan and the Cat. That would be a good name for a sitcom or radio show, "Wheeling and Dealing with Gavlan and The Cat."

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Oh, I actually forgot about Vengarl D=. Though the fights you can summon him to he proves to be comically useless (especially against the ancient dragon), but the guy's a talking halloween mask for Christ sake. Definitely gives him a certain brand of charm I find likeable. That and his armour and weapons/shield are pretty good.

BambamCZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Felkin, he seems like his character arc might be even sad. A big time magic\pyromancy\miracle adept that falls to dark and is reduced to stuttering, mumbling mess. The way he tells the player that the Dark "beckoned" to him, almost feels like something out of Lovecraft's eldritch horror book. And seriously you can't not like Gavlan and the Cat, both really fun to talk to.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@yummylee: Vengarl is slightly more useful than Benhart at least