Was Brad accurate regarding the ammo in this game?

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KevinK

Is it true that if you reload your guns in this game with some ammo "still left in the clip" (as it were) that you lose that ammo still in there?

I know he said that, but DS1 and 2 weren't like that, so I find it baffling they would go to something like that for the third one.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@kevink said:

Is it true that if you reload your guns in this game with some ammo "still left in the clip" (as it were) that you lose that ammo still in there?

I know he said that, but DS1 and 2 weren't like that, so I find it baffling they would go to something like that for the third one.

Brad is, as he is about many things, wrong.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

@oldirtybearon said:

@kevink said:

Brad is, as he is about many things, wrong.

This. There's a conversion rate in place for each type of weapon, so since Brad was going all rambo with his rocket launcher for a bit there, that's why his ammunition was getting cut in half so quickly when he checked. So yeah, reload to your heart's content! And don't worry about ammo shortages or anything btw, as chances are high that you'll be flooded in the stuff across the majority of the game.

edit; fucking Hell, I totally wrote conversation instead of conversion there for a sec /1:30am drowsiness kicking in

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Not sure, but even if you do reload and lose the rest of your clip you will still have about 4 million bullets left in your inventory.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's because he kept using his rockets. Different guns use different amounts of ammo. Rockets take more shots then say the plasma cutter.

RawknRo11a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By RawknRo11a

No, and unless your playing on a harder difficulty ammo won't be an issue.

And I think it was less Brad was wrong and more of Brad wasn't sure and started rambling.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

No, and unless your playing on a harder difficulty ammo won't be an issue.

Even then it isn't much of a problem. I just very recently--like, literally today--completed it on Impossible mode and ammunition was still a non-issue. I'd admittedly get a little low on medkits sometimes, though.

KevinK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad I know Brad was mistaken, but then remembered this game has universal ammo which made me go UGH.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The universal ammo was actually alright in this game. Usually, not a big fan of the idea, but it actually got me to use something other than the plasma cutter, which was almost unheard of in the other two games. By the end of the game, I actually had a customized pulse rifle that I rolled with almost full time. It was kind of nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The universal ammo was kind of alright, I hate having to pick up ammo for guns I don't use, and then have to do backpack micromanagement to see if I can fit it in there to bring it to a store to sell it. But then again, at the same time, universal was kind of making it so I didn't even look at what I was picking up (actually, the resource system did that).

Maybe if they made the ammo types based on what weapon core you're using, like Military Ammo, Plasma Ammo, Tesla Ammo, so on. But I don't want "this ammo is for the line gun and only the line gun".

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Humanity

I checked what he said in the beginning of the game when I just had a plasma cutter and military engine on - and even though I fired only one shot it still ate up one entire stack of ammo when I reloaded. This kinda had me on edge for reloading as I'm a chronic FPS reload-after-each-shot kinda guy. As others have mentioned, ammo stops being an issue almost right away, so eventually I stopped thinking about it.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By big_jon

I thought he was wrong about that.