2 questions: 1 point for whole edit + rejected for weird reason?

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

http://www.giantbomb.com/command-conquer-3-kanes-wrath/61-20494/
I'm trying to get to 1000 points but really, it is damn impossible without mass image posting.

I just did an edited which removed several pictures(they were just dumped there), added the cast list with a description for each person and added the Overview title.
All of that for 1 stinking point? I know it wasn't a huge edit but come on, why is the point counting so random? I can post a picture for AT LEAST 1 point, most times more, or edit that and get the same? What?

Also, the other thing was I posted the cast list for Red Alert 3(like I did with Kane's Wrath) and it was rejected because "they are meant to go in credits" but shouldn't FMV characters be different to just developers? There characters(some which are playable) with details that I added too.  Can't I add them to the main page?

Djungelurban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Djungelurban

It's really not impossible, sure I did upload images for every level in SMW but that only gave me about 150 points. The rest of the point I got from contributing in other ways. You can do the same, for example, there are alot of orphaned pages out there. Do some hard work, research what comes from where and get linking. Especially alot of characters that needs to be allocated to their respective games.

You get no points for deleting stuff... Might seem unfair but it's probably better that way cause otherwise people might start mass deleting pages just to earn points.

And cast members are real people working on the game in a capacity, therefore they go in the credits section.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

Wiki points are calculated automatically, so obviously there is room for error. A syntax for a computer can only do so much.

Metal_Mills said:

Also, the other thing was I posted the cast list for Red Alert 3(like I did with Kane's Wrath) and it was rejected because "they are meant to go in credits" but shouldn't FMV characters be different to just developers? There characters(some which are playable) with details that I added too.  Can't I add them to the main page?
For your crediting dilemma, the moderation for your Red Alert 3 submission was correct. If they're listed as characters on the site, you can add them to that tab. But other than that, they would otherwise appear in the credits page. For example, David Hayter, voice of Solid Snake, appears in the credits of various Metal Gear titles.