#1  Edited By MattOnTheSite
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

According to Wikipedia, Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro includes two new characters, new moves, and new modes.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
LordAndrew said:
"According to Wikipedia, Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro includes two new characters, new moves, and new modes. "

Yeah it does, and I would know, I recently bought that version to go with the original I have. It's significantly better than the original, and I have grown to love it over the last 3 weeks.

No Caption Provided

8/10

MattOnTheSite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MattOnTheSite
LordAndrew said:
"According to Wikipedia..."
Choose Your Own Response:

- Aw, shucks. (turn to page 14)
- Are those differences really enough to have two distinct pages? I've always been uncertain of what qualifies a re-release to have a page, but these seem like they can be summed in a paragraph. (turn to page 104)
- Wikipedia has only one page for the releases. (turn to page 56)
- Foiled again! This should become "according to GiantBomb." (turn to page 49)
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
LordAndrew said:
"According to Wikipedia, Capcom vs. SNK: Millennium Fight 2000 Pro includes two new characters, new moves, and new modes. "
Yeah, and I mention that on the Capcom Vs SNK page so I say combine.

Also,  I'm the guy who edit the page.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew
MattC said:
"LordAndrew said:
"According to Wikipedia..."
Choose Your Own Response:
- Foiled again! This should become "according to GiantBomb." (turn to page 49)"
I checked the Millennium Fight 2000 Pro page on Giant Bomb, and it didn't say anything, so I went to Wikipedia. I didn't expect the page for original game to have a section on it.

MattC said:
Wikipedia has only one page for the releases. (turn to page 56)"
Wikipedia also has only a single Street Fighter II page. That's Wikipedia policy. It doesn't apply here on Giant Bomb.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

There is enough difference between the two games to warrant that they stay separate imo.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
Linkyshinks said:
"There is enough difference between the two games to warrant that they stay separate imo."
All there is that there's more characters and stages and that's it. And again, I've mention Capcom Vs SNK Pro on the page of the original game.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
Kou_Leifoh said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"There is enough difference between the two games to warrant that they stay separate imo."
All there is that there's more characters and stages and that's it. And again, I've mention Capcom Vs SNK Pro on the page of the original game."

Dude, the game was designed with better competition in mind, it's a far more finely tuned version at the back-end, in respect to AI and balancing. (-which was a criticism of the first) In my eyes they are two different games. The fact is I don't care either way in all honesty ;), but, if in future if people are going to be discussing aspects of the game, I think it would be better to keep it as it is, to avoid confusion.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
Linkyshinks said:
"Kou_Leifoh said:
"Linkyshinks said:
All there is that there's more characters and stages and that's it. And again, I've mention Capcom Vs SNK Pro on the page of the original game."

Dude, the game was designed with better competition in mind, it's a far more finely tuned version at the back-end, in respect to AI and balancing. (-which was a criticism of the first) In my eyes they are two different games. The fact is I don't care either way in all honesty ;), but, if in future if people are going to be discussing aspects of the game, I think it would be better to keep it as it is, to avoid confusion.

"
Still, the issue that Capcom took care could be mention on the Capcom Vs SNK page. Also, If I were to fill out the info about Capcom VS SNK Pro on its page, the info would be pretty much the same as the original - only with a extra paragraph explain the addtions of Pro and that's about it. So I say combine the two pages.
StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By StarFoxA
MattC said:
Wikipedia has only one page for the releases. (turn to page 56)
Wikipedia doesn't even have a page for some games that are on GiantBomb, so by that logic, those games shouldn't exist.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'm with Linky on this, more characters and stages and rebalancing of everything certainly warrants a new page. Some games pass those changes enough to add the number 2 on their title these days. I'm nowhere near profficient with these fighters but those who are certainly appreciate the improvements far more than casual observers. Doesn't Street Fighter III have separate pages for its three different versions? If not, it should. And man, I need this game, I only played SNK vs. CAPCOM SVC Chaos which is the SNK take on the title and imo isn't that great. I'd rather play Garou over that, really.