Combine: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

Could we combine the two versions of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker game pages? One is for the upcoming HD remake and one is for the proper gamecube version. In the past, Giant Bomb has not created new pages for remakes of game unless that game has some significant content (and name) changes. Resident Evil 4 is a good example of this.

Thanks moderators!

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I agree. So far all we know its just the same game but super updated graphics.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: @the_laughing_man: Ignore my vote if you think it means little since I created the page for the new version but I say the pages should stay at least until we know for sure how different or not different the two versions will be. Ocarina 3D has its own page and that game is technically the same. Link's Awakening DX has its own page and all that game has that is different is another dungeon and color. If you really wanted to you could even merge the Ocarina 3D page with the page for the OoT/Master Quest GCN combo release since those are basically identical.

Wind Waker HD is set to include a bunch of Wii U specific features (Miiverse, etc) along with "gameplay tweaks" (whatever those turn out to be) and since Nintendo has a history of not just pooping out something like this, there is bound to be some extra content (like the often speculated inclusion of the previously cut dungeons) which would more than justify the game having its own page. All that on top of the apparent visual overhaul.

The RE4 comparison isn't really valid, in my opinion, as that was always just a straight port with mild upgrades like better resolution and new control schemes or achievement support.

It is definitely premature to delete this release right now as that would yield no benefit since it might be necessary to create a page for it again closer to release when more is known about it. Heck, there is going to be a new Nintendo Direct this time next month (the regular bi-monthly edition) that might bring new infos on the game. Or they might even drop another randomly surprise special around GDC time with a trailer or something. Deleting this now only to have it be resubmitted later is pointless.

Let's revisit this closer to when this is coming out (sometime in the fall) if there really isn't much more to it than the system specific features and touched up graphics.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@def: Okay, yeah. That makes sense, but in the meantime can we append "HD" to it so that the two can be differentiated in the search?

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By DeF

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: But that's not the title. It's been announced just like it is entered in the wiki, without any "HD"-type suffixes. Resident Evil and Resident Evil are also not distinguished by an added "Remake" or something. The new search shows the platforms and year so that should suffice, I think.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#6 Marino  Staff  Online

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: I think we need to know more about the game to make a final decision. We'll probably know by E3 whether or not the page should be kept separate.