Delete (?): Julia Voth page.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I'm to believe that pages created purely for people whose likeness is used for a video game character, without any actual acting on their part, aren't to be added to the wiki? And from what I can gather Julia Voth's only relation to video games is for her face (sometimes) being used to model Jill Valentine.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Well, is she credited in the games themselves? That's generally the criteria for qualifying for a person page.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, is she credited in the games themselves? That's generally the criteria for qualifying for a person page.

According to IMDB she is not. Though I don't know if that would matter or not. Many voice actors aren't credited in many older JRPGs yet those roles are to still listed in their credits all the same. I remember that we used to have an ''Uncredited'' category, but not anymore it would seem.

I think this rule was created specifically for the sake of the Guitar Hero (and ect.) games given how many music artists lent their likeness.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@yummylee: Most of those voice actors have some game credits though, so they qualify as per the rule. Subsequently adding uncredited roles valid person pages seems fair game, aside from them being harder to verify as correct.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

IMDB is missing a ton of credits for video games so I would suggest we need to actually see the credits in the manual or in-game to know for sure.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Assuming it's permissible under the rules even if she isn't in the credits, I'd be in favor of keeping it.

Seems like useful information to readers and her involvement was a meaningful contribution to the game. Especially since her contribution affected a popular high profile character in multiple games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#8 Marino  Staff

As long as we can verify that it's true that they modeled the character after her, I'm okay with leaving it. Whether she's in the actual credits or not. We can list her as uncredited in the notes.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marino: Fair enough then. Though I'm almost certain I've heard Jeff say in the past that pages for people who are involved in video games via their likeness aren't allowed or something. Though maybe he was only referring to 'unofficial' likenesses or something, like how the cast of Half Life 2 were modelled after ordinary people, including a homeless person if I recall correctly.

Marino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 102

#10 Marino  Staff

@yummylee: Well, I don't remember that in particular, but he's got the final say.