help with a game mode concept

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Nadafinga

Hey everyone, I'd like your help with an idea for a game mode page. I've seen it in a few games recently, and I think it's something that might warrant it's own page...most other game modes have their own concept page already (and if this page already exists, please post it!). 

It's a MP game mode where one team is attacking, trying to destroy objectives, and the other team is defending these objectives. Games & modes include:
Bad Company 1 & 2 = Rush
Red Faction Guerrilla = Seige
Lead & Gold = Powder Keg

1) I'd like to hear your input on what would be a good name for this concept page. 
2) If you guys know of any other games that have this mode, please post them, or add them to the page if it is created.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Attack & Defend?

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By xMP44x

I would have said the exact same thing as Pie - Attack and Defend makes sense. Also: Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Counterstrike: Source, and Far Cry 2 have similar modes as well, IIRC.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I haven't played the multiplayer in those games, and from your description I don't really see the difference between this and an Assault game mode.

EDIT: on second thought, it seems like it might be quite a bit different. I dunno.

deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By deerpoob

perhaps the assault page could be expanded to say its not always an object in the teams possesion, adding it might just involve the destruction of a certain objective.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nadafinga

Yeah, these two game types are probably similar enough to combine on one page. If no one strongly objects, I'll go ahead and edit the "Assault" page so that it's more broad. Please help me fill in those games that will fit under this definition.

EDIT: Change has been made to the Assault page, so go ahead and edit that sucker as you guys see fit.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nadafinga
@xMP44x said:
" I would have said the exact same thing as Pie - Attack and Defend makes sense. Also: Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Counterstrike: Source, and Far Cry 2 have similar modes as well, IIRC. "
Far Cry 2 has a capture the flag-type mode, and a conquest-type mode. Dont see anything about an Assault type mode...
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Skald
xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By xMP44x
@Nadafinga said:
" @xMP44x said:
" I would have said the exact same thing as Pie - Attack and Defend makes sense. Also: Rainbow Six Vegas, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Counterstrike: Source, and Far Cry 2 have similar modes as well, IIRC. "
Far Cry 2 has a capture the flag-type mode, and a conquest-type mode. Dont see anything about an Assault type mode... "
Wait, really? I thought one of the modes had attackers, and defenders. Hmm.. it's been a while since I played that game so I would assume you're correct and I'm wrong.
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

Enemy Territory is all about objective based attack and defend.  Don't know if it's called anything specifically.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nadafinga
@xMP44x said:
" @Nadafinga said:
" @xMP44x said:
Far Cry 2 has a capture the flag-type mode, and a conquest-type mode. Dont see anything about an Assault type mode... "
Wait, really? I thought one of the modes had attackers, and defenders. Hmm.. it's been a while since I played that game so I would assume you're correct and I'm wrong. "
I was only looking at the Giant Bomb page for Far Cry 2, so I could be wrong.