Why can't I edit "Aliases"?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I'm trying to edit an alias for a character, but when I click the "edit" button for that section, the "alias" field isn't changeable.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By icytower38

I'm not sure why, but only moderators/staff are able to add/remove an alias for a page. Use this thread for requests.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@icytower38 said:
" I'm not sure why, but only moderators/staff are able to add/remove an alias for a page. Use this thread for requests. "
You are correct sir. The reasoning behind aliases being mod/staff only is because they affect the search bar of the site. The reason for aliases is to make that page searchable under the alias terms. And the search bar needs to be as user friendly as possible, so only necessary aliases should be added. Therefore, they are staff/mod only fields.

The aliases of Concept pages CAN be edited by standard users, and this is what happened when people decided it would be fun to add as many aliases as possible: 

That, and loads more dumb aliases were added to the Vagina, Penis and Breast pages. That is why on the majority of page types, only staff and mods can add aliases.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
@MattyFTM said:
" The aliases of Concept pages CAN be edited by standard users, and this is what happened when people decided it would be fun to add as many aliases as possible: 

"
Never forget.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ajamafalous said:

" @MattyFTM said:

" The aliases of Concept pages CAN be edited by standard users, and this is what happened when people decided it would be fun to add as many aliases as possible: 

"
Never forget. "
I think that's my screenshot.