why can't i use site images on some pages?

afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By afriskydingo

I was going to add a few images from the giantbomb site on a page, exploding enemies.  but it won't show up on adding images.  It does on other pages, why not this one?

also why can't i add an alias to some games?

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

I tried adding an image into that page, it works. Are you talking about how it doesn't show up when you're choosing thumbnail/super size and which side it's going to be on? Because it didn't show up there but I just accepted it and it went on the page.

And adding alias is only available to the mods for now I think. Also moved the thread to editing and tools.

afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By afriskydingo

when i tried to add a picture, it just allows me to pick from my computer and my pictures i have uploaded to the site.

good to know about the aliases, but i wonder why can't just submit it and have it approved rather than just allowing us to change things live at 1000 points like new page submissions.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By suneku

I don't quite understand your question. Are you talking about submitting in general before 1000 points vs after having 1000 points?

afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By afriskydingo

either before or after, but I mean I wonder why we can't submit alias edits at all and just have them moderated even after 1000 points like submitting new pages still have to be approved even after you get 1000 points.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By suneku

Submitting new pages is at 5000 points without moderation. I think alias edits for other users will get added in the future. They just haven't gotten around to it yet.

afriskydingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By afriskydingo

I still can't see a way to use pictures from the site from that page or some others.  I have seen it on a few.  I was going to look for some on the site for the page on world maps.