Wiki edits questions

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pr1mus

Here's a couple of questions i couldn't get an answer by reading the wiki FAQ.

1 - For developers and publishers, should locations only list locations that relate only to the company itself or can major or common locations depicted in theirs games be added too? For example on the Valve Corporation page there are TF2 maps listed in locations.

2 - For games developed and games published, should only games that have been released be included or can games currently in development and officially announced be included too?

3 - How do you edit the Loyal Employees section? I see no edit button on that page.

4 - After you get to 1000 points you can create new pages(that still go through moderation). Can i request for a new page either here on the forum or PM a moderator before reaching 1000 points?

One last question not directly related to those. Since i've been credited in a number of games as a QA tester could i add my name to the credits of those games? Just asking but i'm not sure i would want to anyway...

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By shaunk

I'm not sure if there is an official way for #4 to request a page to be made for you. If you just ask for it and its a legitimate page someone will most definitely make it for you though.

Also, Loyal employees seems to be a list of the employees in order of the amount of games they are credited in. Employees are added to game pages while the game pages are attached to a company. So if you attach an employee to their respective game then they will appear on that companies loyal employee list.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight
1 - For developers and publishers, should locations only list locations that relate only to the company itself or can major or common locations depicted in theirs games be added too? For example on the Valve Corporation page there TF2 maps listed in locations.

Good question. My gut reaction is that the TF2 map associations should be removed and we should stick to locations associated to the company IRL. More clarification should be sought before we start making sweeping changes, though.

2 - For games developed and games published, should only games that have been released be included or can games currently in development and officially announced be included too?
3 - How do you edit the Loyal Employees section? I see no edit button on that page.

Sorry duder, I have no idea on these ones.

4 - After you get to 1000 points you can create new pages(that still go through moderation). Can i request for a new page either here on the forum or PM a moderator before reaching 1000 points?

If you elaborate on which page should be created here, I'm sure it'll get made since it's relevant to this thread. In the future it's probably best to ask the mods directly. Or you can edit your butt off and hit that 1000 points :)

One last question not directly related to those. Since i've been credited in a number of games as a QA tester could i add my name to the credits of these games? Just asking but i'm not sure i would want to anyway...

I believe that if your name appears directly in the credits, it's fair game for inclusion on the credits page.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shaunk

@Ravenlight said:

One last question not directly related to those. Since i've been credited in a number of games as a QA tester could i add my name to the credits of these games? Just asking but i'm not sure i would want to anyway...

I believe that if your name appears directly in the credits, it's fair game for inclusion on the credits page.

Also, this is the case. No matter what the reason if a name is in there it can be added to the database.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By pr1mus

@Ravenlight: For adding pages i think i'll wait to get to 1000 pts. Shouldn't be too long, only missing 451 and made over 300 without too much work on 3 different pages in the last 3 days.

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@Ravenlight said:

Also, this is the case. No matter what the reason if a name is in there it can be added to the database.

And for that i'll think about it. It just feels weird since my contribution is so unimportant. Even on my last project where i was leaps and bounds ahead of anyone else for bug counts you realize that a few hundred bugs is nothing in the end when there's over 70000 total.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shaunk
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew

A company's characters, concepts, objects and locations are inherited from that company's games. You can't add any locations there. Employees are also inherited from the company's games, so they're often not actually employees. Pages are added through the same venue regardless of points; the only difference is whether it is created immediately or has to be moderated.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By onan

Jeff mentioned recently (I forget when) that people that were getting their names added to a lot of these Kickstarted games would be able to add themselves to the database if they wanted to, so I'd imagine actually legitimately having contributed to a game's creation (as opposed to just donating a few dollars) should merit a page for yourself, if you want it.

Your other questions have been answered except for #2, which is that announced games can be and are added to the database. They don't even have to ever be published to merit inclusion, as we've got a list of notable canceled games as well on the site.