One or PS4 ?

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I just got a PS4 last week this will be the first game that I want that is out for both, any differences between them ? if the PS version just looks better I will get it for One

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

PS$ is native 1080p, Xbox One is 900p. PS4 getting exclusive content playstation themed characters as welll

The Last of Us Nephalem Rift

Get ready to endure and survive, nephalem. For the Ultimate Evil Edition, we’ve teamed up with Naughty Dog to create a unique Nephalem Rift inspired by their award-winning PlayStation 3 title, The Last of Us. Featuring hand-picked environments from the Diablo III universe and an ominous yellow spore effect, this randomised dungeon level is sure to awaken the survivor in us all.

D3_X1_SONY_ZombieBloater_AD_02

Oh! And did we mention the monsters? The Last of Us Nephalem Rift is teeming with a series of ravenous creatures modeled after the infamous Stalker, Clicker, and Bloater infected.

Shadow of the Colossus Transmog Set

Raise thy sword by the Light! In addition to The Last of Us Nephalem Rift, the Ultimate Evil Edition will also include a PlayStation exclusive that pays homage to a gaming classic.

Crusader_Colossus_Armor_AD_02

Players who purchase Ultimate Evil Edition for the PS3 or PS4 will be rewarded with the “Guise of the Colossi,” a unique set of transmogrification plans that unlocks six armor appearances inspired by the influential PlayStation 2 title,Shadow of the Colossus. These striking appearances will be available to all six larger-than-life classes.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That shadow of the colossus set is pretty cool

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I thought I read the xbox was bumped up to 1080. Nonetheless id say wherever your friends are and if no friends are going to be playing then id go ps4. I'm pretty excited for some hardcore local coop drinking

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@whur said:

I thought I read the xbox was bumped up to 1080. Nonetheless id say wherever your friends are and if no friends are going to be playing then id go ps4. I'm pretty excited for some hardcore local coop drinking

Yup, this. Both versions seem very comparable and your decision should likely rest upon where you know there'll be more people to play with. Otherwise PS4 probably has a slight edge if you expect you'll be soloing most of it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Don't know about you, but for me I'm coping that ps4 evil edition. It has more content and I only have a ps4 (Outside of the vita). Still, I got to wait for a game I truly want this year. The Evil Within is what I really need in my life. Its been too long since I've played a new survival-horror game. I've recently been playing The Last of Us which helped scratch that inch. It reminds me alot of Manhunt, and has elements of a survival-horror game.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whur said:

Now that sounds like a plan. Anybody wants to do some Diablo III UEE while drinking look me up on the PSN. DirtySkidMarcs. Game on & bottoms up.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder if it's worth picking up again just to be able to play with a gamepad and maybe some couch co-op...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Totally forgot that this is coming out in two weeks, sweet!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Is there going to be an upgrade for this? I bought the PS3 version,and don't feel like dropping another $60 on it for PS4.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sterling said:

Is there going to be an upgrade for this? I bought the PS3 version,and don't feel like dropping another $60 on it for PS4.

Nah. Its PS3/360 versions are cheaper at least, and you can also import your saves over even into the PS4/XB1 versions.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is PC not an option? Because that is far and away the best version.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Corevi

Here's the SotC set in the world. I main Wizard so it's not that great for me (if they had done different Colossi for each class that would have been cool). Interestingly enough, the set doesn't resemble any Colossi in SotC, with Barba being the closest but he has a huge beard and only 2 horns.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Oh, nice. I forgot this was coming out, and so close to my birthday too. I've not actually played the game yet surprisingly, so I'll probably have a blast with this. As far as the question, I think they're both supposed to be comparable, so just flip a coin I guess.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zeik

@ajamafalous said:

Objectively that's probably true, but I think anyone considering getting it on a console would be doing so because the PC is not an ideal option. Likely because their PC sucks, they prefer controllers to mouse and keyboard, or they simply don't care for PC gaming period.

I know I personally had way more fun with the PS3 version than the PC, even though it was clearly an inferior version in a lot of ways. Although not having to worry about internet lag when playing offline sure was nice.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

neither for me.i played the original on ps3 and im buying this version for ps3 too.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By conmulligan

@zeik said:

@ajamafalous said:

Objectively that's probably true, but I think anyone considering getting it on a console would be doing so because the PC is not an ideal option. Likely because their PC sucks, they prefer controllers to mouse and keyboard, or they simply don't care for PC gaming period.

I know I personally had way more fun with the PS3 version than the PC, even though it was clearly an inferior version in a lot of ways. Although not having to worry about internet lag when playing offline sure was nice.

Yeah, I had a much better time with the 360 port than I did with the PC version. The combat is way more satisfying with a controller.

So, assuming you are interested in playing Diablo with a controller, I don't think it necessarily follows that the PC version is far and away the best. It's not exactly spectacular looking on the PC, so I'm sure the Xbox One and PS4 versions won't have any trouble maintaining visual parity, and buying the original game plus Reaper of Souls will run you about the same price as the Ultimate Evil Edition on consoles. Plus, as @ajamafalous mentioned, no crappy online requirements!

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

PC is objectively inferior if you have any interest in couch co op, which I do.

Also the console controls are awesome and work shockingly well for a fast paced game like D3. Would take KB+M for Divinty but for D3 I'm sold on action controls/dodges etc.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably wouldnt consider this at all if they just brought controller support to the pc. But i guess considering the way they have to rebalance it they'd have to funnel the players into controller and non-controller groups which may be a logistical nightmare...

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By KowalskiManDown

PS4 for me. The exclusive content is enough to draw me to that version. Plus... I have the little issue of not actually owning an Xbox One...

Secondly, having played the PC version... am I the only one on here who thinks that the console version is more fun? Just that simple addition of the roll button, the ability to play with a controller and the option to play couch co-op makes the PC version inferior to me. Anyone else feel the same way?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if I'll get it on the PS4 or One. I enjoyed it, and want to jump back in to play it more, though played somewhat little of it when I got it on 360. What does entice me about the new-gen versions though, and now the PS4 version more now that I remembered the DLC (even if it could be kind of dumb), is that I can transfer that data over, no matter what console you previously played it on.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: If you're comfortable with mouse and keyboard I think it's fair to say it's technically superior. There's a certain level of accuracy you get with being able to click anywhere that is somewhat lost with the controller. It's usually not an issue, but every once awhile I was remnded that it was built with a point and click interface in mind. I'll still gladly sacrifice that in favor of the comfort of a controller, but if that wasn't an issue I might prefer mouse and keyboard.

The PC UI is also much better. The console UI is serviceable, but that's actually something I was kind of hoping would get more of an overhaul with this version.

The main advantage of the PC version though is clearly the regular updates. The PS3/360 version is still basically the same game that it was when it came out, which is obviously way behind the PC at this point. That could simply be because they knew they were going to release this version and didn't feel it was worth the trouble, but there's no guarantee this version will see any updates either. (As far as I know Blizzard has not said anything on the issue.) If I didn't have such a strong console preference that would probably be the thing that would get me to go for the PC version instead.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I myself haven't played D3 on PC, though I have played both of the Torchlight games. And while I've enjoyed 'em plenty, after playing D3 on PS3 it's shown me that I will forever prefer playing these sorts of games with direct control. I likely would have put much more time into Torchlight II had it a console port, and one that was as well made as D3's.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder if there's any touchpad support on the PS4 for anything.

Avatar image for theterriblefamiliar
TheTerribleFamiliar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of the Xbox One, but I'll be buying this one on the PS4 because of the ability to remote play on the VITA. The exclusives for PS4 are nice, but the VITA seals the deal for me.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a fan of the Xbox One, but I'll be buying this one on the PS4 because of the ability to remote play on the VITA. The exclusives for PS4 are nice, but the VITA seals the deal for me.

That sounds incredible. But, having the ability to play D3 on the toilet could lead to serious blood circulation issues for my legs.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I will go with PS3 because I don't have the new consoles and even if my PC is more than powerful enough I thought it played great with a controller on the PS3. Diablo 3 feels like it is made for consoles. I feel more comfortable playing with a controller than a mouse.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Corevi
@dagas said:

I will go with PS3 because I don't have the new consoles and even if my PC is more than powerful enough I thought it played great with a controller on the PS3. Diablo 3 feels like it is made for consoles. I feel more comfortable playing with a controller than a mouse.

They actually changed a lot of how the game plays for the console version. The PC version has more enemies on screen at a time and more affixes on legendary creatures, but doesn't have the roll move that the console versions do. Loot drops are way more frequent on console as well.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this will be my first Double dip. I love D3 on the PC but im interested in seeing how it plays on the PS4 as well.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox one because there is a metaphorical gun to my head.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Follow your friends if you can - D3 is great with co-op.

But if I had to choose, i'd probably go PS4 because you might as well get an extra nephalem rift. The consoles are so similar in processing power and functionality that it really doesn't matter unless you just don't like one of the controllers.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dagas

@dagas said:

They actually changed a lot of how the game plays for the console version. The PC version has more enemies on screen at a time and more affixes on legendary creatures, but doesn't have the roll move that the console versions do. Loot drops are way more frequent on console as well.

How much of this is still true in the expansion? PC got the loot system that the console version had in a patch so that is now the same and at least on PS4/XONE the game should be able to handle a lot more enemies on screen compared to PS3/360?

Does anyone know if the dodge roll actually does anything? I used it for a bit on PS3 but it seems to be no faster than simply running. It seems to be a animation difference only, not a gameplay difference.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas said:
@corruptedevil said:
@dagas said:

How much of this is still true in the expansion? PC got the loot system that the console version had in a patch so that is now the same and at least on PS4/XONE the game should be able to handle a lot more enemies on screen compared to PS3/360?

Does anyone know if the dodge roll actually does anything? I used it for a bit on PS3 but it seems to be no faster than simply running. It seems to be a animation difference only, not a gameplay difference.

From watching the quick look it seems to still have those differences, and the roll gives you some invincibility frames.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagas said:
@corruptedevil said:
@dagas said:

From watching the quick look it seems to still have those differences, and the roll gives you some invincibility frames.

I ended up buying it on PC. My rig should handle it just fine on max settings but I would have prefered to play with a controller but the lack of patches on PS3 and other things too (for example I learned that rifts are not random on PS3 like they are on PS4 or PC) made me go with PC. Now I cannot continue my character from PS3 and I need to get used to playing with mouse and keyboard but at least I know they will continue to support it for years to come. Diablo 2 got patches up until 10 years after the release of the expansion. Just hope I don't get any problems with the always online that some seem to have on PC.