The International 2015

• 75 results
SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Crazy TI so far with Ehome and MVP with some big upsets. Secret falling to lower bracket so early.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

CDEC are doing it! Guaranteed fourth place finish minimum. That's million bucks.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Dizzyhippos

@tennmuerti: Your not wrong about Artstyle, but Xboct has a long history of getting caught from making stupid mistakes. He throws almost as much as he carries.

The lower bracket makes me so sad at this point I dont want to see any of those teams go home yet. Though I am especially pulling for MVP.P if they get top 6 it will do a world of good for growing the SEA and KR Dota scene.

KittyDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By KittyDrago

@jslack: (It was DJSchmitty, I forgot that wasn't mine here, sorry). Crazy EG match last night, clutch Techies.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VP were my dark horse team, but wow. Beating secret seemed nigh impossible only a few days ago. Secret officially tied MVP Phoenix at TI5, let that sink in.

Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rooting for the underdogs, go go CDEC.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Damn. I missed day four's first series but I was really hoping to see MVP.P make it through - really enjoyed their previous games I saw.

With them and Ehome out the Asian teams I was rooting for are gone, but CDEC is looking terrifyingly impressive from what I've seen.

I'd love to see one western team in the final at least, so go EG/VP.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@kittydrago: Sweet man!! If you aren't working, I'd like to buy you a beer! LMK

vrj_rrls_2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LET'S GO EG

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm holding out for 420BootyWizard to win the best new player award, what about you guys?

I'm also partial to 'Bubba' and this 'Dendi' fellow.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Monkeyman04

Well, this showed up on the front page of ESPN.

KittyDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: Well, I was a little late on that. Maybe at the PAX Meet-up? Also, I got both of the TI5 courier, PM me.

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyman04: They had been putting 2-3 minute segments into sportscenter around the main event. Some of the commentary was a little cringey and more then once I thought, well you wouldnt say that about a baseball player or a golfer.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By HH

really enjoyed the event this year. mvp to ppd for facing down the intimidating CDEC assault with fearless drafts and strategies in the final. it was odd to see CDEC focus on farming for so long in game 4, not going for early fights the way they usually did, seems like he had them rattled.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for next year now :) The new team rules from Valve should make this year really interesting, less roster shuffle.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jslack: What are the new team rules? Admittedly my attention span for following the scene tends to lapse between TIs, but I'd like to check in every now and then before TI6.

Really enjoyed TI5 overall, it feels like they adapted better to being in Key Arena this time. It was also easier for me to watch live, especially with the final actually falling on a weekend. A final worth watching, for that matter.

Doesn't hurt that I finally have good internet and a nice TV; watching the 1080 60 streams between matches was near indistinguishable from broadcast sports for me.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By CheapPoison

@gutterkisser: Not 100% sure on the new rules. But there will be majors throughout the whole year. I am pretty sure invites to the international will depend on how well you do in the majors, and such valve requires teams to have a stable roster from september on for the whole season to have a chance of making it in.
I think it is 5 players and 1 or 2 standins.

Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheappoison: I remember hearing something about this but can't recall where I heard about it. I think the majors will also be organized by Valve?

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zomgfruitbunnies: I do think so, perhaps not all of them?
I am not even sure if there is official information out there. It seems there are mostly leaks and have heards.

jslack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gutterkisser: @zomgfruitbunnies: @cheappoison:Ya, I'm not sure what's finalized yet, but Valve did say they are releasing details about their Majors circuit. It will restrict player movements, and roster sizes and such. It also helps establish major tournaments throughout the year that are "first party". I hope this leads to having more professional quality play throughout the year, with streaming and coverage that we've come to expect. Not sure when they are expected to release details.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By hassun
Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It has to be an elaborate joke right?

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun:

This REALLY pisses me off. Aui was part of the god damn team that WON the tournament, if they're seriously booting them, then FUCK EG. I hope they fail every upcoming tournament - it doesn't help my bias that I already don't like Sumail because he's an egotistical little shit (seriously, watch his stream, he's probably the most rude and downright mean player in the pro scene, and he wonders why he has no friends).

I can see why people don't like Arteezy now though - he gets in 8th place, gets only 500k, and decides to bail? What an ass.

This REALLY makes me wish that CDEC had won the finale.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

If Fear can play the 4 as well as he did 2 years ago or whatever it was, I think this move can make them a stronger team. Arteezy is probably the best farmer in the game, an absolute beast of jungle and lane efficiency.

However, is it really worth doing this to Aui just for the chance of possibly being better when you are already the best in the world? I don't know. But with so much money in the sport, I can hardly blame teams for changing out players if they really believe they will be a better team for it.

Seems like DotA is quickly becoming more and more like real sports. You could see that in, I think it was an interview between PPD and Hotbid, PPD was saying how it is really like a real job, how the team was strictly business. All they cared about was winning. And just like real sports players are cut in and out all the time, it is strictly professional.

Another thing to think about is what happened to teams like Alliance and Na'vi after their great runs at TI. After TI3 these teams came back with the same lineups and just bombed out completely. I am sure EG is afraid of complacency and that probably has some influence on their decision to do anything possible to improve the team. That said, this must be excruciating for AUI. My heart goes out to him knowing he is one of the nicest dudes in the scene.

gutterkisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw the aftermath of this on Twitter... I really wish my exposure to professional Dota outside of TI was more than team turmoil, but I get impression there's a lot of it. Maybe I'm just naive to think professional sports would be anything else.