To more hardcore Dragon Age fans

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all

I was curious if anyone knew if the story in DA:I involves the story/characters from the book Dragon Age: Asunder? I have yet to play the game (going to pick it up once finals are done) but from everything i have seen, it looks like its about the Mage vs Templar conflict. Does anybody know?

tuxfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enragedstump: I've not read the book, but a quick perusal of the wiki tells me, yes it definitely involves characters from the book, both as major and minor characters in the game.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By The_Ruiner

Fiona has a pretty big role in an important quest.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not just that book, but all the books. They all tie into this game.

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now I'm pumped to play this. So it also includes stuff from the Masked Empire? I have heard DA:I includes both orlais and fereldan.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of characters from Dragon Age books are present in one form or another in Dragon Age: Inquisition.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well now I'm pumped to play this. So it also includes stuff from the Masked Empire? I have heard DA:I includes both orlais and fereldan.

Orlais plays a pretty prominent role in the game. Story missions take you there and some of the zones are in Orlais.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh .... yes. In fact there is a high level area in Orlais where the main antagonist and one of the major ally npc's are both from that book. Won't say who, or where. The war between Gaspard and Celene is a central plot element in many of the zones as well.

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@enragedstump said:

Orlais plays a pretty prominent role in the game. Story missions take you there and some of the zones are in Orlais.

In fact 6 of the 10 major zones are in Orlais.

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donchipotle said:

@enragedstump said:

Does the game involve a lot of the story elements from DA:2? Sadly i did not play much of that game, and only had a brief summary of the story told to me.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll said:

@donchipotle said:

@enragedstump said:

Does the game involve a lot of the story elements from DA:2? Sadly i did not play much of that game, and only had a brief summary of the story told to me.

I'll say that the game assumes you've played both DA2 and its Legacy DLC, but it isn't mandatory.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Hey all

I was curious if anyone knew if the story in DA:I involves the story/characters from the book Dragon Age: Asunder? I have yet to play the game (going to pick it up once finals are done) but from everything i have seen, it looks like its about the Mage vs Templar conflict. Does anybody know?

My apologies, I've only just seen this thread.

I can confirm that one primary Asunder character is a playable companion in DA:I, but none of the others appear. Also as another user points out, Fiona has a decent sized role in the game too.

• Lots of characters from Masked Empire are in the game.
  • Zero mention is made of the events or any characters of the most recent novel Dragon Age: Last Flight.
Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game is ass deep in DA2. I wont say why but the events of DA2 have a huge impact on the story at multiple points. Many of the main cast members were also main characters in DA2. Cullen, Varric, Casandra, etc etc.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@enragedstump said:

The game is ass deep in DA2. I wont say why but the events of DA2 have a huge impact on the story at multiple points. Many of the main cast members were also main characters in DA2. Cullen, Varric, Casandra, etc etc.

Cullen is an OG Origins character too. Back when he was just a goof.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Karkarov

True, but his role was really minor. Also he is one of the few plot "wwaaaaattt????" characters as I seem to recall he can die rather easily in DA1 if you do some pretty popular choices. Fortunately for me I have always sided with Cullen on most things. Not fortunate for Wynne though.... :D

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Ghostiet

@karkarov said:

@donchipotle said:

True, but his role was really minor. Also he is one of the few plot "wwaaaaattt????" characters as I seem to recall he can die rather easily in DA1 if you do some pretty popular choices. Fortunately for me I have always sided with Cullen on most things. Not fortunate for Wynne though.... :D

No, Cullen never dies in DA:O. His epilogues are also handwaved as rumors.

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@enragedstump said:

Hey all

My apologies, I've only just seen this thread.

I can confirm that one primary Asunder character is a playable companion in DA:I, but none of the others appear. Also as another user points out, Fiona has a decent sized role in the game too.

• Lots of characters from Masked Empire are in the game.
  • Zero mention is made of the events or any characters of the most recent novel Dragon Age: Last Flight.

Well that will be good as i have yet to read Last Flight. Excited to see characters from the Masked Empire. Was my favorite book behind The Culling.